REMIX. WAR. V.

Re: REMIX. WAR. V.

Postby Thirteen » 29 Aug 2012 11:34

Maxey wrote:I think Ive just about finished. Now to see if I get disqualified for having a track which is 7 mins long.

Well, mine is 8 minutes exactly. Does that mean... Do I... Oh boy.....

Also, do we need to name the actual file itself "Remixer fixes remixed - title", or does that belong in the 'title' section of the file's properties? From what I understand, you name the .mp3 file "Remixer fixes Remixed - title", and the title in the properties is something along the lines of "Original song (Remixer Remix)", with the 'Artist' tag being just yourself. Is this correct?
Thirteen

Postby Magnitude Zero » 29 Aug 2012 11:46

Thirteen wrote:
Maxey wrote:I think Ive just about finished. Now to see if I get disqualified for having a track which is 7 mins long.

Also, do we need to name the actual file itself "Remixer fixes remixed - title", or does that belong in the 'title' section of the file's properties? From what I understand, you name the .mp3 file "Remixer fixes Remixed - title", and the title in the properties is something along the lines of "Original song (Remixer Remix)", with the 'Artist' tag being just yourself. Is this correct?

I did both:

File name: Remixer fixes Remixed - Song name
Song title: Remixer fixes Remixed - Song name
Artist: Remixer

I don't think the file name is a huge deal though.
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 29 Aug 2012 15:57

Ok. Done with a visualizer and submitted. Soundcloud link is download enabled, so you can get the mp3. I really hope that I'm doing this right and that people like my remix.
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Cii » 29 Aug 2012 16:16

Never heard of Remix War before...
(Braces for beatings)

But I was in the middle of making a remix and I noticed this. I figured, hey, why not submit? Not sure if it'll be amazing but I'll give it a shot regardless.

EDIT: And I haven't been able to read much of the thread, but what if the title has bad language? Just keep it? And can we give the original title a new name to fit the genre or does it have to be the original?
YourTubes: http://www.youtube.com/user/AvantegardeBronyCii
Tweets: @QuokkaCii

I'm on these boards 0.001% of the time, and in the Ponychat IRC 99.999% of the time (check the #bronymusic channel)! (Oh no it's gone D:)
Cii

Cutie Mark: Red Spot

Postby LoreRD » 29 Aug 2012 16:43

AND IT'S SUBMITTED
DAW: Logic Pro Studio 9 | VSTs: Komplete 9 Ultimate
Piano Improvisations, Electro-orchestral-alternative instrumentals/remixes, drummer
Youtube | SoundCloud | tumblr
Brony Musician Directory
Thanks to Makkon for the avatar
LoreRD

Postby Stars In Autumn » 29 Aug 2012 22:05

Hey, I made a post about the sync parties we'll be having afterwards. Details about the sync party here.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby Stars In Autumn » 29 Aug 2012 22:11

Cii wrote:Never heard of Remix War before...
(Braces for beatings)

But I was in the middle of making a remix and I noticed this. I figured, hey, why not submit? Not sure if it'll be amazing but I'll give it a shot regardless.

EDIT: And I haven't been able to read much of the thread, but what if the title has bad language? Just keep it? And can we give the original title a new name to fit the genre or does it have to be the original?

We prefer to keep the language clean, since we'll be submitting the event to Equestria Daily. If the original has bad language, then I don't mind if you change it to be more PG. Otherwise, I'd try to keep the title as it is, as to prevent confusion.
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Postby Stars In Autumn » 29 Aug 2012 22:21

Thirteen wrote:

I think we didn't define it clearly enough in the original post, so it doesn't matter too much what you do. The name of the file can be
Remixer fixes Remixed - Title of Track
or
Title of the Track (Remixer's Remix)

The tagged title should be:

The artist name should be:
Remixed (original artist).

And finally the title of your Youtube video should be:

For instance
Applejack's original song is: "I Learned Nothing Today". Rarity remixes it.
Youtube video's title: Rarity fixes Applejack - I Learned Nothing Today
File: Rarity fixes Applejack - I Learned Nothing Today OR I Learned Nothing Today (Rarity's Remix)
Title: I Learned Nothing Today (Rarity's Remix)
Artist: Applejack

You won't be disqualified if your doesn't exactly match this format, as we had all sorts of crazy stuff in the previous remixes as well. The next remix war we'll try and be more strict, as to make it easier for people trying to organize the whole thing.

As for the length of 8 minutes, you'll need to cut it down a bit. There are over 200 participants and only so much time we can spend on each song. If you wish, you can have another mix of the song as a "radio edit" or just cut it down. I can't remember if we specified a length, but I think it was 7 minutes.
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Postby Cii » 29 Aug 2012 23:23

Stars In Autumn wrote:We prefer to keep the language clean, since we'll be submitting the event to Equestria Daily. If the original has bad language, then I don't mind if you change it to be more PG. Otherwise, I'd try to keep the title as it is, as to prevent confusion.

Alrighty, I forgot there's some language in the song as well, but I can censor that for the Remix War. As for the title, I don't know if this counts as PG, but: "FUTALOO IS BEST bawk! SOCK"? Otherwise I'll quit beating around the innuendo bush and give it a more genuine-PG title haha.
YourTubes: http://www.youtube.com/user/AvantegardeBronyCii
Tweets: @QuokkaCii

I'm on these boards 0.001% of the time, and in the Ponychat IRC 99.999% of the time (check the #bronymusic channel)! (Oh no it's gone D:)
Cii

Cutie Mark: Red Spot

Postby LoreRD » 29 Aug 2012 23:54

Stars In Autumn wrote:As for the length of 8 minutes, you'll need to cut it down a bit. There are over 200 participants and only so much time we can spend on each song. If you wish, you can have another mix of the song as a "radio edit" or just cut it down. I can't remember if we specified a length, but I think it was 7 minutes.

Mine is 7:54, and the only time limit i heard about was "not longer that 7-8 minutes". I asked to see if that's ok, but got no response from the mods, so I though it would be an ok length. And now the video and download link are up. Should I really take all of it down and shorten the track? This is the last time I'm asking. If I don't get a responds from a mod, then you'll have to deal with the length as it is.
Piano Improvisations, Electro-orchestral-alternative instrumentals/remixes, drummer
Brony Musician Directory
LoreRD

Postby Stars In Autumn » 30 Aug 2012 00:13

Cii wrote:Alrighty, I forgot there's some language in the song as well, but I can censor that for the Remix War. As for the title, I don't know if this counts as PG, but: "FUTALOO IS BEST bawk! SOCK"? Otherwise I'll quit beating around the innuendo bush and give it a more genuine-PG title haha.

That's fine.
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Postby Stars In Autumn » 30 Aug 2012 00:14

LoreRD wrote:Mine is 7:54, and the only time limit i heard about was "not longer that 7-8 minutes". I asked to see if that's ok, but got no response from the mods, so I though it would be an ok length. And now the video and download link are up. Should I really take all of it down and shorten the track? This is the last time I'm asking. If I don't get a responds from a mod, then you'll have to deal with the length as it is.

If that's what a mod said, then that's fine. I honestly don't know what the limit was set to.
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Postby LoreRD » 30 Aug 2012 00:20

Makkon wrote:
Singularity wrote:Err, is there a track length limit? Or is there a themed entry? Also define drug references? Like, how subtile can they be? I would appreciete it if someone answered my questions, since I just want to make it clear to me what I can and can not do.

Please don't go above 7 or 8 minutes, that's inconsiderate of the viewers and other people wanting for their track to be heard in the sync party.

There's the quote
Brony Musician Directory
LoreRD

Postby FoozogzPepperBrony » 30 Aug 2012 00:38

Due before Sept. 1st?

>Work

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIT
DAW: Ableton
HELLO, OLD FRIENDS~
FoozogzPepperBrony

Postby Stars In Autumn » 30 Aug 2012 00:55

FoozogzPepperBrony wrote:Due before Sept. 1st?

>Work

It's due on the 1st, at 11 am. You can do it Fooz!
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Postby Warbalist » 30 Aug 2012 01:06

FoozogzPepperBrony wrote:Due before Sept. 1st?

>Work

Question sleep! Z?
Warbalist

Postby Emkay » 30 Aug 2012 01:49

Stars In Autumn wrote:I think we didn't define it clearly enough in the original post, so it doesn't matter too much what you do. The name of the file can be
or

For instance
File: Rarity fixes Applejack - I Learned Nothing Today OR I Learned Nothing Today (Rarity's Remix)

You won't be disqualified if your doesn't exactly match this format, as we had all sorts of crazy stuff in the previous remixes as well. The next remix war we'll try and be more strict, as to make it easier for people trying to organize the whole thing.

Bah, I should change my stuff now.
It's not too much of a change and it would probably have been alright but I wanted to tweak the song a bit more anyways.
:Twitter   :deviantART   :Tumblr   :Youtube   :Soundcloud
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What am I even doing here?
I make art, not music...
Emkay

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Thirteen » 30 Aug 2012 02:14

Stars In Autumn wrote:I think we didn't define it clearly enough in the original post, so it doesn't matter too much what you do. The name of the file can be
or

For instance

As for the length of 8 minutes, you'll need to cut it down a bit. There are over 200 participants and only so much time we can spend on each song. If you wish, you can have another mix of the song as a "radio edit" or just cut it down. I can't remember if we specified a length, but I think it was 7 minutes.

Ah okai, thanks for the clarification.

LoreRD wrote:Mine is 7:54, and the only time limit i heard about was "not longer that 7-8 minutes". I asked to see if that's ok, but got no response from the mods, so I though it would be an ok length. And now the video and download link are up. Should I really take all of it down and shorten the track? This is the last time I'm asking. If I don't get a responds from a mod, then you'll have to deal with the length as it is.

Er, yeah. I've got the same issue. I mean, I could theoretically go back and reupload the youtube and the minus.com entry with little hassle, but is all that necessary? They did say 7-8 minutes. I'm sure what they didn't want was something crazy, like a 12 minute track or something. But hey, If I gotta shorten it, I'll do it. But I'd rather not if I didn't have to. ;)
Thirteen

Postby VeganCheesecake » 30 Aug 2012 04:16

Thirteen wrote:I'm sure what they didn't want was something crazy, like a 12 minute track or something. But hey, If I gotta shorten it, I'll do it. But I'd rather not if I didn't have to. ;)

Some nice progressive rock is usually that long. =P

Final obstacles ahead of me! Got no idea how to mess with my MIDI and my singers still didn't sing. But I gonna do this, one way or another!
VeganCheesecake

Postby Freewave » 30 Aug 2012 08:38

Damn i think i mistimed this. Thought I had another week. So this is definitely due Sep. 1 2pm MT as the only submission date? :( I know there is a synclisten PLANNED for the week after (8th and 9th) is there any chance i can get an entry in before then but after the first or am i screwed.....? I just started back at work today. I've got a few late nights if I have to but thought I'd ask. I've certainly been in this position before on a few Toast Beards. :)
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby phaux » 30 Aug 2012 10:20

I'm putting mine on youtube right now! It sounds awesooomeee!
phaux

Primary: Frooty Loops, FamiTracker
Cutie Mark: (´・ω・`)

Postby Thirteen » 30 Aug 2012 10:44

EDIT: lol nvm. I was able to shrink the song in a way that I don't dislike it, using ancient Chinese secrets. Also I stopped being a baby, which is nice.

It currently resides at 6:47 minyoots. I'll still make an extended version though.
Last edited by Thirteen on 30 Aug 2012 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
Thirteen

Postby CommandSpry » 30 Aug 2012 11:16

Okay guys, I'm sorry that I'm a lazy bum to read trough 19 pages of posts, can you just quickly tell me if I'm supposed to upload the track to YouTube right away and set it as unlisted and enter the URL in the youtube field with a download link in the download field, or can I just put a download link and upload to Youtube later? What's the proper way to do it?

justaninquiry.jpg
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: wobbler

Postby Thirteen » 30 Aug 2012 11:42

CommandSpry wrote:Okay guys, I'm sorry that I'm a lazy bum to read trough 19 pages of posts, can you just quickly tell me if I'm supposed to upload the track to YouTube right away and set it as unlisted and enter the URL in the youtube field with a download link in the download field, or can I just put a download link and upload to Youtube later? What's the proper way to do it?

justaninquiry.jpg

Upload to youtube, make it unlisted, and put a download link in the description (make sure it's box.com or minus.com). Then put a link to the youtube in the youtube field , and another link for the download in the download field. You gotta do both.
Thirteen

Postby Navron » 30 Aug 2012 12:25

Finished, and entry submitted!
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

PreviousNext

Return to Remix War