REMIX. WAR. V.

Re: REMIX. WAR. V.

Postby DJFoxytail » 01 Sep 2012 06:06

Makkon wrote:Well guys, this has been a pleasure. None of our mods, myself included, were able to get a piece finished for this round for remix war (my fault), but this wasn't for us. This was for you, and I'm happy to have seen each of you put in the time and effort to make this worth it. I hope you all grew a lot from this, and learned a lot and made some new friends. This is the original vision of the remix war, and if it was a success for even just one of you then it was worth it.

You all have an amazing weekend. Remember that this was never a competition. Enjoy it.

Thank you and everyone on this marvelously awesome site for once again hosting this amazing event! Were it not for the awesome guys here, I probably wouldn't have submitted, so thanks an awesome bunch everyone, can't wait for the sync listen!
Administrator at Everypony Radio where music and its fans are 20% cooler.
DJFoxytail

Postby Freewave » 01 Sep 2012 06:07

sonikkureinbumu wrote:Is it okay if I submit my song and work on it more after everything is released? Because I think it could use some more work, but I can't do it this close to the deadline because how long it'd take to work on it more then export AND upload, plus I don't want to withdraw.

You can definitely fix and re-release your track when it's more polished. I would recommend keeping that link unlisted and pointing to the eventual replacement if you do that. I doubt they will take late file replacements after the date though but they can let us know. You always have the right to work on your track some more later. Remix War 5.1? :twisted:
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby zorg » 01 Sep 2012 06:19

I'll just link the image since it would take up too much horizontal space if i inlined it here :3
ALL THE CLIPS
^feel free to disregard | genres... what are those? | :3
[collabgeddon] - too much time passed for this
Do feel free to keep in touch through discord: #zorg "eight" "rod" "inverted-E" "four"
zorg

Primary: ILyEAN (v0.0.0.0) [Designing Phase]
Cutie Mark: Usually Invisible

Postby UnderpΩny » 01 Sep 2012 06:20

wah Minus is being difficult
When I finally manage to upload this, what's the correct link to submit?
UnderpΩny

Postby UnderpΩny » 01 Sep 2012 06:43

ok scratch that, I couldn't get the file to play in my browser so I'm going to use this box.com thing...
Woah what I have to give them my PHONE number? ahahahah no.
UnderpΩny

Postby Firenze Storm » 01 Sep 2012 06:50

Im not sure how much of the sync listen ill be there for. Only a wee bit I assume, but Ill try ^^
Firenze Storm

Postby UnderpΩny » 01 Sep 2012 06:57

Oh phew I managed to get minus working.
UnderpΩny

Postby sonikkureinbumu » 01 Sep 2012 07:27

Freewave wrote:
sonikkureinbumu wrote:Is it okay if I submit my song and work on it more after everything is released? Because I think it could use some more work, but I can't do it this close to the deadline because how long it'd take to work on it more then export AND upload, plus I don't want to withdraw.

You can definitely fix and re-release your track when it's more polished. I would recommend keeping that link unlisted and pointing to the eventual replacement if you do that. I doubt they will take late file replacements after the date though but they can let us know. You always have the right to work on your track some more later. Remix War 5.1? :twisted:

Also, do you or anyone else know where I could get some good criticism for it?
sonikkureinbumu

Postby Freewave » 01 Sep 2012 07:36

sonikkureinbumu wrote:
Freewave wrote:

Also, do you or anyone else know where I could get some good criticism for it?

I'm not sure how the vibe will be in the sync listen but in prior Toast Beard sync listens if there were things that were "off" you'd often hear one or two people point them out. It might be a more relaxed listen or you may get some constructive criticism in that chat if you attend it or even if you review the pastebin of the collected chat logs from it. If that doesn't work throw it in the music section here and explain you'd LIKE to get feedback or use one of the many brony group chats on skype or irc and ask for a help and a listen if anyone has the time. Feel free to send me a link and I'll give my 2 cents. ;)
Freewave

Postby CommandSpry » 01 Sep 2012 07:47

Yo guys when is the sync listen again? And, what's the time for making the vids public?
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: wobbler

Postby PinkieGuy » 01 Sep 2012 07:49

Makkon wrote:Well guys, this has been a pleasure. None of our mods, myself included, were able to get a piece finished for this round for remix war (my fault), but this wasn't for us. This was for you, and I'm happy to have seen each of you put in the time and effort to make this worth it. I hope you all grew a lot from this, and learned a lot and made some new friends. This is the original vision of the remix war, and if it was a success for even just one of you then it was worth it.

You all have an amazing weekend. Remember that this was never a competition. Enjoy it.

Speak for yourself Makkon, I managed to get something done at the death :P

That being said, I totally agree with everything else: This is about everyone who has worked to get a track done, put their all into it and now stand to reap the rewards of it. I'll be spending as much time as I possible can (schedule permitting) in the sync-listens, and I'm uber excited to hear everything you guys have done.

Good hussle team MLR!!!!!!
JackleApp wrote:THIS IS A HEINOUS ABUSE OF POWER BUT

YOUR MOD COMMANDS YOU
PinkieGuy

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Firenze Storm » 01 Sep 2012 08:10

PinkieGuy wrote:

Speak for yourself Makkon, I managed to get something done at the death :P

That being said, I totally agree with everything else: This is about everyone who has worked to get a track done, put their all into it and now stand to reap the rewards of it. I'll be spending as much time as I possible can (schedule permitting) in the sync-listens, and I'm uber excited to hear everything you guys have done.

Good hussle team MLR!!!!!!

Team MLR. Now that is a proposition that scares the life out of me.
Firenze Storm

Postby DatWhackProducer » 01 Sep 2012 08:40

Guise, why can't I see anyone's submission?
#zebrablockparty
DatWhackProducer

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: u dont know me

Postby Freewave » 01 Sep 2012 08:48

They aren't public until the deadline dear. Check the countdown on submission/list.php?event=28
We got about 5 hours still before the deadline and people can make their tracks public if they want after i am guessing.
Freewave

Postby Marshmelon » 01 Sep 2012 09:07

4 hours 57 minutes remain.

So I don't have the epic long, "Marshmelon, FiveOFlutter, Scootalewis, and KatKitty FIXES EurobeatOdyssey, NotACleverPony, JackleApp, H8_Seed & Mic the Microphone, EurobeatOdyssey, AllLevelsAtOnce, and Eurobeat Odyssey" I was hoping for, but I did do a remix of a remix, so I don't know what to call it. Did I fix Silva, or H8 Seed?
Marshmelon

Postby Marshmelon » 01 Sep 2012 09:15

Freewave wrote:...but in prior Toast Beard sync listens if there were things that were "off" you'd often hear one or two people point them out.

LOLOLOLOL

Then again, when I think about it, that's pretty accurate. Bad stuff gets mentioned by only a couple of people-- for me, it's all two of my fans-- and good stuff gets g'd by everypony.

CommandSpry wrote:don't you always like when you put so much effort to finish on time and then most of the people give up and basically leave you hangin' (:

That's why I make sure I'm the one organizing everything and that nobody else has to do anything until after I'm finished.
Marshmelon

Postby Camsy » 01 Sep 2012 10:30

It's currently 2:30am and there's just 3hrs and 30min to go! :D
Support me on Youtube and Facebook.
Camsy

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Jack-of-all-trades

Postby UnderpΩny » 01 Sep 2012 10:59

About the countdown: Is that until the synch starts? Because the dealine should be in one hour, and the countdown says 3 hours.

EDIT: On that note, are we allowed to make our remixes public after the deadline, or after the synch starts?
UnderpΩny

Postby Stars In Autumn » 01 Sep 2012 11:07

UnderpΩny wrote:About the countdown: Is that until the synch starts? Because the dealine should be in one hour, and the countdown says 3 hours.

EDIT: On that note, are we allowed to make our remixes public after the deadline, or after the synch starts?

As a reminder, here's the link to the sync listen post: http://www.mylittleremix.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4943

You have less than an hour before submissions are closed. After they are closed, you can make everything public.
The listen starts in roughly 3 hours from now.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby UnderpΩny » 01 Sep 2012 11:28

Ok, thanks.
UnderpΩny

Postby Sleepingcobrox » 01 Sep 2012 11:41

Damn it Windows Movie Maker let up upload :/
Twitter
Deviantart
Tumblr
Soundcloud

I eat ice for a living
Sleepingcobrox

Postby Marshmelon » 01 Sep 2012 11:52

Can I upload the MP3 and then update the YT after the video has rendered/uploaded?
Marshmelon

Postby Stars In Autumn » 01 Sep 2012 11:54

Marshmelon wrote:Can I upload the MP3 and then update the YT after the video has rendered/uploaded?

Youtube typically gives you the link before it's finished uploading.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

PreviousNext

Return to Remix War