<WIP><Remix> Neganote & TheOcularInvisible - Stay Strong

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<WIP><Remix> Neganote & TheOcularInvisible - Stay Strong

Postby Motivfs » 05 Mar 2013 03:25

https://soundcloud.com/motivfsmusic/stay-strong-motivfs-remix-wip

Trying a few new things here, added in breaks, different EQing with the kickdrums, more splashy snares. I've still got to fix the second drop and I have some basic mixing cleanup still to do.

After that it'll be my final mixdown (and for the first time ever I'll actually try to master a song).

Any other feedback?
Motivfs

Re: <WIP><Remix> Neganote & TheOcularInvisible - Stay Strong

Postby Genkar » 07 Mar 2013 18:41

It's pretty good, some of the sounds are really chiptuney though. I'm not sure if that was intentional, I personally don't mind, but someone else might. It's pretty catchy, and I really like the breaks you put in there, they sound really good. You did a pretty good job mixing, but bring out the subs a bit more, you hardly notice they're there. The breakdown section around 2:14 has some bad chords, you should probably do something about that, xD The snare sounds kinda heavy in the high end, it's not really piercing, but really treble and kinda... 'fuzzy' for lack of a better word. The outro was kinda weak too, you could probably do better than that.
Percussionist - Electronic Musician In Training
Soundcloud/Youtube/Tumblr
Genkar

Primary: FL Studio 11

Re: <WIP><Remix> Neganote & TheOcularInvisible - Stay Strong

Postby Motivfs » 07 Mar 2013 18:53

Genkar wrote:It's pretty good, some of the sounds are really chiptuney though. I'm not sure if that was intentional, I personally don't mind, but someone else might. It's pretty catchy, and I really like the breaks you put in there, they sound really good. You did a pretty good job mixing, but bring out the subs a bit more, you hardly notice they're there. The breakdown section around 2:14 has some bad chords, you should probably do something about that, xD The snare sounds kinda heavy in the high end, it's not really piercing, but really treble and kinda... 'fuzzy' for lack of a better word. The outro was kinda weak too, you could probably do better than that.

The "Chiptuney" sounds I've recently noticed is sometime I've become accustomed to, I know it's not what Drum & Bass is usually made of, but I can't seem to break free from them. (I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, maybe my style?).

I didn't realize the sub's were really subtle, I actually thought for a while they were good, but I've listened to the song a million times that I could be mistaken now.

The breakdown around 2:14 I had a feeling was bad, but I'll give it a stronger listen tonight, I didn't know some of the chords were off par, probably a mistake I made that I didn't realize.

The heavy snares is something I always do haha! I love making them heavy but I'll be sure to tune them down a bit!

And for the outro, I've already done something about that, I realized it was quite bland and unappealing.

Thanks for your time listening and giving me feedback, really appreciated.
Motivfs

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice