<pony>Totalspark - Tears of the Fallen

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<pony>Totalspark - Tears of the Fallen

Postby Totalspark » 12 Aug 2014 23:04

I finished an album recently. This is, in my opinion, the best track on the album. Let me know what you think

Totalspark

Primary: Fl Studio 20
Cutie Mark: blank

Re: <pony>Totalspark - Tears of the Fallen

Postby DJ TATCM » 13 Aug 2014 10:45

The part from 4:30-ish onwards is gorgeous, first of all. I wish the sawtooth sidechained chords immediately before and after, at the part with the different kick, blended in better however. Perhaps a thick chorus effect, maybe an LP filter, would work? The piano part is done quite well, however, nice job with the velocity on that. I would put some chorus or some other effect on the lead at the beginning because it sounds rather lo-fi and sort of clashes with the backing orchestral sounds. The thunder could use a LP filter as well with reverb to make it a bit more ominous/distant. Composition-wise it's great though, you manipulated a chord structure commonly found in more Spanish music and made it into a very nice house-y requiem, good job i will download your album when I get back from lunch
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Re: <pony>Totalspark - Tears of the Fallen

Postby Cerulean Draw » 15 Aug 2014 23:36

The lead at 1:59 sounds chintzy to me. Perhaps you could shorted the release, or just use a different sound.

The piano is beautiful, and doesn't sound automated at all. It sounds thin, though, or quiet?

I like that riser at 2:50, reminds me of OVERWERK, but it seems to be too loud, and makes the drop underwhelming.

The lead at 2:57 feels like it should be more powerful, maybe get rid of the low pass filter and up the sustain.

The delay effect at 4:00 sounds a bit too upfront, perhaps make it a bit more quiet, or put a filter on it, so it's more in the background, but still makes the lead more interesting.

The snare at 4:51 could start earlier. For music like this, I like to have four measures total for the snare riser, two measures of the snare at quarter notes, then one measure at eighth notes, then one at sixteenths with some kind of added flair, such as having them continuously be pitched up or by having a syncopated fill right before the drop.

The claps at 4:55 are rly loud tho. ow

The second drop could have some more to keep it from being repetitive, I can hear that you used some sound effects, but I think a secondary lead would do the job better, and you can use the sound effects on both drops to create some atmosphere. But, leave out the reversed kick drum, if that's what I'm hearing on every 2 and 4 in the second drop, it's a bit irritating.

Everything else is beautiful, though, especially the intro. I absolutely adore how that arp sounds. luv it~
Cerulean Draw

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice