<pony><WIP> Some kind of rock/pop genre-fest

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<pony><WIP> Some kind of rock/pop genre-fest

Postby Astral » 07 Aug 2014 20:29

I just released a death metal EP that I had been working on for months and this is my first attempt at something softer for a while now. Sorry about the vox. They were just a rough first take.

What do you guys think?

https://soundcloud.com/divinumx_music/high-up-on-a-cloud-sample-2
Astral

Re: <pony><WIP> Some kind of rock/pop genre-fest

Postby Injustrial » 08 Aug 2014 08:55

The snares sound a bit off to me. Not sure what it is, maybe they're too hard or the reverb is getting to me. Vocals are way to low in the mix, I can barely make them out, especially when the part before sounds a lot louder.

The part right after the vocals, where it picks up, feels nice. Like the end credits of an older videogame. A few bends seem to be slightly off key, but they should be simple to re-record, provided you play consequently.

I like the promise this holds, it's a bit pop'y for my taste, but it's nice for what it is.
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby Astral » 08 Aug 2014 17:10

Thanks for the reply! I know that there's a lot to fix since this is basically the track that helps me decide if I want to continue to working on it. I plan on redoing the vocals and acoustic guitar. They appeared very sloppy to me too.

I really like the way it is now and can't wait to hear how it sounds when I finish. Again, thanks for the reply.
Astral

Postby Injustrial » 08 Aug 2014 17:15

NP, man. Hope it turns out great!
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice