<pony><garage>Choppy Garage thing. Will be pony

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<pony><garage>Choppy Garage thing. Will be pony

Postby ChatreuseTech » 05 Aug 2014 02:24

https://soundcloud.com/green-ghost-2/choppy-garage-thing-will-be-pony/s-UrmZE
Hello people! I tried deviated from the typical 4/4 beat as time went on, and I got this rhythm, working further, I developed a garage bassline, and some other elements. The only thing worried about is that it will lack variation, please give me some advice, and feedback as it will be taken into regard.
Note; these are just ideas currently.
ChatreuseTech

Re: <pony><garage>Choppy Garage thing. Will be pony

Postby DJ TATCM » 06 Aug 2014 09:18

Personally, I would avoid muting everything as much as you did in that sample. It's a nice touch once in a while, but at a certain point it gets excessive, and I honestly thought that there was some sort of streaming issue when I first heard it. It's okay to keep that pattern with the bass line, though, I think it'd sound really nice with that. The bass pattern could use a touch of reverb.. It'd be easy to introduce variation if you have a sort of echoey, chill breakdown section (think Disclosure, or every deadmau5 song ever) where you throw in an interesting chord structure or something. Interested to know how you're going to incorporate pony into this, vocals during the breakdown perhaps?
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice