<WIP><Remix><Trance?> Principalities - Coloriot Remix

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<WIP><Remix><Trance?> Principalities - Coloriot Remix

Postby Coloriot » 15 Apr 2014 10:59

I've been working on this at school. This is my first time using Logic Pro, so I'm a little rough with using it. I tried to go for a trancey feel to it. Might eventually consider it Uplifting Trance or something, but I'm a little fuzzy on genres. I'd like some feedback as to improve mixing, add some new stuff, as well as extension. Thanks for the listen!

https://soundcloud.com/coloriot/principalities-remix-wip-2
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Re: <WIP><Remix><Trance?> Principalities - Coloriot Remix

Postby ph00tbag » 23 Apr 2014 09:10

A big part of trance music, for me, at least, is the bassline, so I would say try to set one of those up. Trance basses are usually staccato plucked saw waves. You can even just do a simple one by having it hit every off-beat.

As far as extending the tune, I'd say more can be done in your intro. Start with even less, and bring less in every 8-16 bars. For example, you can start without the piano in the intro, go for 16 bars with effects peppered in every four bars, then bring in the bass line with a bit more percussion. The you can bring in the piano, maybe let the arpeggio come in slowly by opening the filter up over the next sixteen bars. Employ a variety of sound effects to keep every transition fresh.

Another thing you can do to make the tune go even longer is to put in a B section after the first chorus, and have that build into a second chorus.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: <WIP><Remix><Trance?> Principalities - Coloriot Remix

Postby Coloriot » 23 Apr 2014 11:15

Heh. I get some feedback right after I pretty much finish it.

I did end up extending the intro to about a minute. As for baseline, I've tried experimenting with more bass and different patterns, but it keeps sounding off to me. I'm trying to keep it true more to the original's sense of trance by using more stems from the original. Hope to get it published by the end of the week, if not the end of April.

Speaking of which, I'll be needing a visuals person. I've made the cover art, I just now need a video. Also, I'm considering this uplifting trance for now, but if anyone would like to beg to differ, please let me know.
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice