<non-pony>/<pony> Improvisation in Bb Minor (Piano)

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<non-pony>/<pony> Improvisation in Bb Minor (Piano)

Postby Docinterlude » 13 Apr 2014 10:25

I'm not sure if I posted this already here in the fórum, I don't want to break any rules but my memory is horrid right now. But here's a song I wrote a while back for piano in Bb Minor. I went for a chopinism style and used a bit of Debussy harmony. Firstly I had unintentionally created this song for Étude and improvisation skills but then I did a bit of a brony side.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/273 ... 0Waltz.mp3

Sheet Music:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/273 ... 0Score.pdf
I am composing a few songs:

Deep Emotions: Piano, Bass Clarinet and Trumpet in Bb. (Started)
Docinterlude

Primary: Sibelius 7, Reaper
Cutie Mark: Piano and Composition

Re: <non-pony>/<pony> Improvisation in Bb Minor (Piano)

Postby JOrchestration » 13 Apr 2014 18:18

I really like your style!

I would recommend looking into getting a slightly more substantial mic though, especially if you are planning to record your playing as it was a bit hard to handle with the intense clipping and buzz.

Overall, I was fairly impressed with your control of dynamics and command of your technique, but I think that you might want to consider expanding the improvisation with a little more of an emphasis on the beauty in the stillness of your slower sections as much as you do with the voracity in the rhythmic nature of the rest.

Really, I can't give too many hard critiques as it was quite good!

I would love to hear more out of you in the future.
JOrchestration

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: Musical Sphere

Re: <non-pony>/<pony> Improvisation in Bb Minor (Piano)

Postby Docinterlude » 21 Apr 2014 11:24

I'm always up for better improvement, also that was the piano mic position but don't worry. I wrote this piece when I was really bored and had nothing to do. So I can't say that I tried to dedicate it completely! Anyway, I wrote a few orchestral pieces but still in development but I can't say anything for them without VST's sounds, so the jobs gets double the difficulty. :umm:

Also what you mean "Different Compositionally", I think my style won't differ as much as some Classical Composers here. :lol:
I am composing a few songs:

Deep Emotions: Piano, Bass Clarinet and Trumpet in Bb. (Started)
Docinterlude

Primary: Sibelius 7, Reaper
Cutie Mark: Piano and Composition

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice