<N64/Orch><Boss Theme><Pony>Disgruntled Princess Twilight

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<N64/Orch><Boss Theme><Pony>Disgruntled Princess Twilight

Postby Armystuntman » 10 Apr 2014 00:51

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FJsIWB7Hs[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FJsIWB7Hs
why does youtube thingie no work darnit fellas

To add with the other pony boss themes, I've made one for Princess Twilight.

Not exaclty the "final boss" I had aimed for, but at least it's a bit longer than it was going to originally be. I put in the "Tardy" tune as the intro, and had some "Behold Princess Twilight" and another twily song in the mix, and also some of my own added touches.

Criticism?
Last edited by Armystuntman on 30 Apr 2014 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
Armystuntman

Primary: Fruity Loops
Cutie Mark: Tuba

<Orchestral><Boss Theme><Pony>Disgruntled Princess Twilight

Postby Armystuntman » 29 Apr 2014 06:05

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ds0GXaFk6c[/youtube]
why does your youtube thing still not work omg i'm going to break a drinking straw with anger

Here's a (quick) orchestral version of the piece. I'm particularly worried about the basic volume. (i honestly don't know anymore, my ears tend to lie to me).
I tried to recreate the *Deep brass umph* staccato from the N64 soundfont by putting two low-pitched trombone staccatos (since i can't find a good bass trombone staccato ffs) and making them play together. It doesn't sound as cool, but it workssss kiinnnddaaaa

Since it's a conversion, it doesn't make thaaaat much sense orchestrally. (the second strings are higher than the first, but i was having a lot of trouble with the strings because i didn't want to complicate things tooo much)
Also, I had to warp some of the impani notes (since the sonatina timpani is really restricted pitch-wise and remember I'm converting from my midi-style'd song.)

I also so added some percussion, mostly snares, which i was scared to add in the n64 version.
also the tuba might be too loud but i don't knowwww

also i can't understand why the cello soundfont is set at such a low volume omg like seriously i had to edit it to be louder than the max set volume because wow that thing is unaudiable as buck

Also I tried to recreate the *Synth strings* from the N64 soundfont by making a trombone and bass trombone play the same thing at an octave for that srs effect, also joined at a part or two by the bass cellos, because bass strings is always cool

also the glockenspiel might not be loud enough, i'm not sure. I'm always afraid of making high pitches too loud, and making low pitches almost unhearable, but then I'm scared to overshoot because of that fear
fffs

edit: edited, check the link again

So I changed the tuba staccato (had to fix two notes that were constantly off-pitch with the soundfont. Fixed by making another exact channel of it and editing it's pitch so it plays fixed pitches at the "wrong" pitch's pitch...nevermind)

Also added some lazy FF brass to the trombones and edited volume herethere as a last ditch effort cuz i gave up with those bloomin trombone legatos, i can't find any decent free bass trombone FFs or bass trombone Staccatos so i have to improvise (no wonder i prefer composing MIDI or chiptune/N64 music, expectations are lower in sound quality and higher in composition quality)
Armystuntman

Primary: Fruity Loops
Cutie Mark: Tuba

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice