Broken Lessons (Cutie Appleblues)

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Broken Lessons (Cutie Appleblues)

Postby Circuitfry » 21 Nov 2011 01:44

http://soundcloud.com/yelobolt/broken-lessons-cutie-1

I was going to turn to NotACleverPony for advisement on composition, but thanks to Cat, I found myself learning about stereo enhancement. Thanks!

For those of you who don't know, Broken Lessons is an album that BMDoubbleBass and I are working on together that focuses on lessons that one could take from an episode that *isn't* the letter to the princess. This go around, I purely compose, he purely masters the tracks while my fried brain cools off. I aim to keep my overinflated ego out of these songs as much as possible and make them about ponies instead of me. I want to produce extremely high-quality pieces, this go around, meaning going full force on every song, and I will need as much criticism as possible if I want to jump the gap. Good thing I take it really well!

When I showed the original 1:30 conceptual, someone called it "a pretty tune." The songs need to be bigger and better than that. They need to be *pieces.* I'm setting extremely high expectations for myself and pressuring myself to push my limits to what I can compose, here, and make something very very valuable to the brony community. There's much to tackle and much more to learn. I know that I will be gaining tons of invaluable knowledge from this experience and will be contributing to a wonderful community as a result.

I'm considering this song as more of a practice round to see if BM and I really can work together (so far so good!) to make an album, but it's nevertheless going on it, anyway. I'm considering the song "done," and I'm super super exhausted of re-recording vocals for the song (I can't quite make myself happy about this track). What do you guys think? c:
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Re: Broken Lessons (Cutie Appleblues)

Postby Calamus_Dash » 22 Nov 2011 20:09

I like it :D
The first time I listened to it, the vocals sounded a little bit quiet. But then they seemed fine the second time through.
how did this get here
i am not good with computer

http://www.youtube.com/user/calamusdash
Calamus_Dash

Postby Circuitfry » 23 Nov 2011 23:19

Thanks, Calamus. It's going to be remastered, so we'll get it worked out.
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby Freewave » 10 Dec 2011 11:45

Yeah the vocals could be a little less buried (they are a tad hard to hear). as always a better mic would get better results (don't we all know that). You can always add a vocoder / autotune heavily or lightly if you think it could help and still fit the style, may help (vocals tracks are tough so sorry to be a Simon Cowell) :lol: Otherwise its got nice music / structure to it. hope you keep at it. ;)
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice