A Tale of Two Sisters

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

A Tale of Two Sisters

Postby Stars In Autumn » 07 Nov 2011 23:36

So apparently that's also the title of a Korean horror film but WHATEVER.

Was suppose to be a sad song about Equestria coming to an end due to the war between the Solar Empire and the New Lunar Republic but I seem to fail at keeping with a theme. It feels more to be a general theme for the two sisters. I had a huge pain exporting this piece from FL Studio. Too many sound libraries...

Let me know what you all think!
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Re: A Tale of Two Sisters

Postby SpaceAnomaly » 08 Nov 2011 01:06

It's a very lovely story you are presenting here with the song, it does go through a lot of places but I absolutely enjoyed it! Also, great choice of images, their arrangements and transitions (especially the one at 1:08, I was like "Woah! That's genius!" :D).
SpaceAnomaly

Postby Leatherneck » 08 Nov 2011 01:55

The horns playing from 4:20 - 4:25 feel kind of out of place and awkward. All in all, I like the subtle nods that (at least to my ears) seem to be laced all throughout it.
Leatherneck

Postby Stars In Autumn » 08 Nov 2011 22:22

Leatherneck wrote:The horns playing from 4:20 - 4:25 feel kind of out of place and awkward. All in all, I like the subtle nods that (at least to my ears) seem to be laced all throughout it.

Ah, yeah. I like that part, but I had troubles getting the brass to sound right. I kind of just settled on that. Oh well! There's 3 places the main theme is present (can you guess which?!). The beginning piano sections used to have the main melody too but I modified it so much I don't think it's recognizable anymore.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice