Flutterwonder - Remix of a Remix of a Remix... remixed~

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Flutterwonder - Remix of a Remix of a Remix... remixed~

Postby TaisiKP » 04 Nov 2011 09:31

Uhhm. Hi. Name's TaisiKP. Didn't see a place to introduce myself, so I thought I'd do it here. I've made two songs, True Discord and Chaos Controlled (both modeled after Discord) and have one song in progress called Twilight's Insanity. I also did a remix of Flutterwonder. I've got a Youtube vid of it up, but the audio needs to be swapped with the better version (Version 4, believe it or not); therefore, I have a MediaFire link for the final version. I hope that's alright. I've never been in a music community before.

Final Version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zu4zj5zxd998zsd

My SoundCloud account:
http://soundcloud.com/taisihyuuga

Youtube link:
TaisiKP

Re: Flutterwonder - Remix of a Remix of a Remix... remixed~

Postby Interrobang Pie » 04 Nov 2011 11:32

Look harder.

This is nice. I don't remember Under's remix of this so I have no idea what is different, apart from the difference with the original.

The kicks at the beginning are very deceptively in-time, but it's affirmed as in-time as soon as the snares come in.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Ropony » 04 Nov 2011 12:42

Welcome to MLR dude, that's a very nice remix you got there.
Ropony

Postby Darktrot » 04 Nov 2011 14:42

I will kill you... Jkjk just jealous how did you get the vocals for it ive been trying for days now to try to recreate them...
DARKTROT MUSIC FOREVER
Darktrot

Postby TaisiKP » 04 Nov 2011 17:57

DJ_Spike wrote:how did you get the vocals for it

I recreated them. j/k :P

It's pretty funny. I was told where to get the stems by Underpony, but when I couldn't find them myself, he gave me the link to download them. Wherever UP got them, that's where they are and that's who to ask. I never technically got permission from PPS to remix Flutterwonder. >.< I don't know if that's how Brony remixing works, though. >.>;

Interrobang Pie wrote:Look harder.

D'oh~~! I was looking for a forum, not a thread. >.< My bad.

Interrobang Pie wrote:This is nice. I don't remember Under's remix of this so I have no idea what is different, apart from the difference with the original.

The feel is a tad bit different. I've gotten mixed reviews of it saying that my version is more dreamy and that it is also close to video game Final Boss music. (Though, I think that title belongs to Chaos Controlled.)

Interrobang Pie wrote:The kicks at the beginning are very deceptively in-time, but it's affirmed as in-time as soon as the snares come in.

Part of the remastering was putting a fade-in on the Kick start to match the Chorus Fade-in. That deceptiveness was inadvertently added as a result.
TaisiKP

Postby UnderpΩny » 04 Nov 2011 18:04

DJ_Spike wrote:I will kill you... Jkjk just jealous how did you get the vocals for it ive been trying for days now to try to recreate them...

PPS has a dropbox, the link is on his youtube channel. Inside are the stems to most of his songs, and Vocal only and BGM only episodes.
Technically I never got permission to remix Sunshine and Celery Stalks, but he does say that anything in the dropbox can be used freely so long as you credit him. And I did tell him I was going to but he never replied. :lol:

EDIT
Interrobang Pie wrote:This is nice. I don't remember Under's remix of this so I have no idea what is different, apart from the difference with the original.

Here: http://soundcloud.com/underg-d/flutterwonder-underp-ny
It was my entry to the last round of the Remix War. Right near the bottom of the playlist because it was ordered alphabetically. XD
UnderpΩny

Postby TaisiKP » 04 Nov 2011 19:05

Well.... there ya have it. lol.

One of the things I liked the most about doing this was not only did I get to do my first remix ever, but I mixed up some of the vocals to be unique to this remix. (If no one else has done the same sequence that I did, that is.)
TaisiKP

Postby Stars In Autumn » 07 Nov 2011 20:38

Awesome remix, imo.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby TaisiKP » 08 Nov 2011 10:05

Thanks. ^^ I've updated the info in the Youtube vid; now, the people won't be seeing two vids for the same remix. I'd rather do a PMV using it, but I have no clips and my comp isn't suit for DLing episodes.
TaisiKP

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice