(Calamus Dash Remix) Ponies at the Rave (Facade)

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

(Calamus Dash Remix) Ponies at the Rave (Facade)

Postby Calamus_Dash » 02 Nov 2011 16:04

I kept being forced to postpone doing this remix until Sunday, when I sat down, scrapped what I had, and started over. Finally finished it Tuesday and then spent a good 2 hours today trying to pick what text to use for the video :D

Lemme know what you think, I strongly encourage response of any kind. If you think it's good, tell me! If you think it sucks, tell me IN ALL CAPS!
Seriously though, anything would be appreciated. I would rather you post comments on youtube, because then I'll get an email, but if you aren't signed in or something posting stuff here is cool too.
how did this get here
i am not good with computer

http://www.youtube.com/user/calamusdash
Calamus_Dash

Re: (Calamus Dash Remix) Ponies at the Rave (Facade)

Postby bartekko » 02 Nov 2011 16:15

I like the melodic organ thingy, A LOT.
A lil bit too repetitive for my tastes, but overall, not bad.

This fandom doesn't make bad music
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Facade » 02 Nov 2011 20:49

nice loving all the sounds ^.^
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Lethaargic » 03 Nov 2011 15:33

That gritty sound that comes in at 1:36 is pretty sick
art is the quintessential embodiment of telepathy, it is how we show each other the inside of our minds

Previously Spacepsy

SoundCloud
Lethaargic

Postby Likonan » 05 Nov 2011 08:29

You're making me boogie my legs around continuously with your remix. :D :D

I think the only fault I could find is perhaps one or two of the synths/guitar leads might be a tad bit louder than the rest. Other than that, I like it! Feels like a very sophisticated dance party. :D

Keep it up! :)
Likonan

Primary: Mixcraft, FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electronica?

Postby PhillyPu » 06 Nov 2011 03:05

Solid track you've got thar. I'm not going to post on YouTube because almost all my comments fail to fit in the comments box. I HOPE YOU LIKE WALL OF TEXT!

I would've used a different snare sample. Or rather, put it through reverb or something like that. As of now, there's not enough impact to that snare. And for the drum beat it self. I would leave the double snare (Bum ta bum bum [TA TA} <-- this part) to the end of two/four measures. Personally, I think it would add more impact to the second snare hit. Great, catchy jazz organ you got there. The pads worked very well in blending the song together.

And uh... for the guitar solo, I wouldn't use as much arpeggio due to the fact that you already have a arpped synth playing throughout the song occasionally. I liked what you do with the backward synth (?) in the beginning and the end. How did you do it?

Regarding the structure of the song... uh... There's dynamics, even though I would add more if I could (which I have no idea how to do effectively). Perhaps change the drum patterns in certain parts (double time for the more active parts, normal drum beat for the rest). I feel like you were trying to build up tension at 2:35. Were you? Cause if you were, that drop could be very, very powerful, especially when the electric guitar comes in.

So what do you use for your jazz organ and electric guitar sample? What synth program do you use for the ones in the song?

SO YEAH JUST MY TWO CENTS.
PhillyPu

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice