Traditional Royal Canterlot Voice

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Traditional Royal Canterlot Voice

Postby Senator Myth » 22 Oct 2011 14:29

Actual Luna music?

FIRST AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Re: Traditional Royal Canterlot Voice

Postby PhillyPu » 22 Oct 2011 16:10

Oh wow this was fast.

I liked the piano that came after the bell theme. As are the brass section. Nicely done for the more powerful parts. As for the bell theme, well, I didn't feel that it was very connected with the rest of the music. If it's possible, maybe have a motif that you play throughout the song, but vary it by switching from minor to major and vice versa.

But otherwise, a solid piece. What did you use for brass, strings, and timpani?
PhillyPu

Postby Senator Myth » 22 Oct 2011 16:37

PhillyPu wrote:If it's possible, maybe have a motif that you play throughout the song, but vary it by switching from minor to major and vice versa.

This is what I did, for both the brass theme and the celeste (what you called bells) theme... If you didn't even notice that I was doing it, then I must have done a pretty good job at making it sound natural! =P

PhillyPu wrote:What did you use for brass, strings, and timpani?

All of those were from Reason's default factory soundbank.
-Nietzsche
Senator Myth

Postby penguindf12 » 22 Oct 2011 18:34

WE LIKE THIS VERY MUCH; THOU HAS DONE WELL
penguindf12

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 22 Oct 2011 18:39

Oh god, I must be getting used to actual brass, as I thought these ones sounded nasty...:P
Okay, but very good! Maybe utilise the whole range of the Celeste for improvements? It was nice, but the Celeste has a whole twinkling sound up high, which I didn't hear any of...use it to its full potential!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Senator Myth » 22 Oct 2011 18:54

penguindf12 wrote:WE LIKE THIS VERY MUCH; THOU HAS DONE WELL

Thanks kindly!
Dr_Dissonance wrote:Oh god, I must be getting used to actual brass, as I thought these ones sounded nasty...:P

WELL WE CAN'T ALL BE SUPERSPECIAL ACTUAL COMPOSERS WHO HAVE ACTUAL WORKS PERFORMED BY ACTUAL ENSEMBLES, YOU ELITIST DICKFACE <3
Dr_Dissonance wrote:Maybe utilise the whole range of the Celeste for improvements? It was nice, but the Celeste has a whole twinkling sound up high, which I didn't hear any of...use it to its full potential!

I actually really hate the sound of the celeste low-down... I didn't think I had it THAT high up, did I? You might be hearing the glock instead, which is indeed rather high and tinkly.
-Nietzsche
Senator Myth

Postby Interrobang Pie » 23 Oct 2011 05:10

Needs more timpani. And cowbell. Oh wait, there actually were timpanis and cowbells. Hahah. Needs more.

Nice one. Wasn't sure about the very beginning, but the very end was pretty cool.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Versilaryan » 23 Oct 2011 16:07

I'm agreeing with iPie here. I really liked the ending (those were some delicious chords there), but the beginning felt kind of disjointed and a mish-mash of unrelated themes.

I think you can develop those ideas a lot more instead of just jumping from idea to idea. In the end, you develop those ideas, but not nearly as much as you could have if you didn't jump from theme to theme so much. (And somehow, I doubt that a really disjointed, black/white feel was what you're going for. =P)

Overall, though, it wasn't bad!
Versilaryan

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice