Flutterwonder (Remix)

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Flutterwonder (Remix)

Postby jubian » 17 Oct 2011 04:59

DJ StablImagefree

Stablefree
Facebook|YouTube|SoundCloud
Activity status: Partial hiatus #3
Tools: FL Studio 10, Massive, Ohmicide
Projects: Art of the Jazz (dying project), Singing Rain OC Tribute (FIRST PRIORITY), dubstep showcase
jubian

Re: Flutterwonder (Remix)

Postby Andy Feelin » 17 Oct 2011 05:13

Not bad at all! I especially love your arpeggios and the acid synth at 2:15. You could make the track N% cooler if you replace the annoying default drum samples with something more interesting (don't forget about panning the hats and percussion, only the kick and snare should stay in the center). Also you'd better make more distinct bass line instead of / in addition to the bassy pad. Anyway, I enjoy your work, keep it going!
Favourite pony: Fluttershy
Genre: eurodance, 80's italo-disco, synthpop
Soft: FL studio 5
Hard: CASIO CTK-900, ALISA 1387, Elsita RMIF e-drumset, Epiphone Embassy bass guitar
YouTube
Discography on MLR (latest update: 2004 - Margarita)
Andy Feelin

Postby Interrobang Pie » 17 Oct 2011 09:00

Not bad, I wish you could have used more than just that one section though.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby jubian » 19 Oct 2011 16:55

Interrobang Pie wrote:Not bad, I wish you could have used more than just that one section though.

I actually used both the chorus and the bridge, but I do agree the loops are rather simple.
DJ StablImagefree

Stablefree
Projects: Art of the Jazz (dying project), Singing Rain OC Tribute (FIRST PRIORITY), dubstep showcase
jubian

Postby Facade » 19 Oct 2011 18:26

omg that was amazing you remade those lyrics yourself o: that is impressive o.O
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby jubian » 19 Oct 2011 21:01

petfood56 wrote:omg that was amazing you remade those lyrics yourself o: that is impressive o.O

Haha, it took some time! At least I now fully appreciate the laborious pain PinkiePieSwear had to go through to make the original :D
DJ StablImagefree

Stablefree
jubian

Postby Facade » 20 Oct 2011 05:30

jubian wrote:
petfood56 wrote:omg that was amazing you remade those lyrics yourself o: that is impressive o.O

Haha, it took some time! At least I now fully appreciate the laborious pain PinkiePieSwear had to go through to make the original :D

nice, i'm not good at vocal splitting :/
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby jubian » 20 Oct 2011 17:09

petfood56 wrote:
jubian wrote:

nice, i'm not good at vocal splitting :/

Haha, you just have to butcher the entire song into separate syllables in separate files with audacity, then mash them together in FL :P
DJ StablImagefree

Stablefree
jubian

Postby Stars In Autumn » 21 Oct 2011 02:13

jubian wrote:Haha, you just have to butcher the entire song into separate syllables in separate files with audacity, then mash them together in FL :P

Actually, I'm rather curious about that. What's wrong with just using FL Studio to do the splitting in the playlist editor? That's what I've been doing.

Awesome remix by the way. Really like it!
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby jubian » 21 Oct 2011 08:58

Jeffthestrider wrote:
jubian wrote:Haha, you just have to butcher the entire song into separate syllables in separate files with audacity, then mash them together in FL :P

Actually, I'm rather curious about that. What's wrong with just using FL Studio to do the splitting in the playlist editor? That's what I've been doing.

Awesome remix by the way. Really like it!

I actually have no idea how to do that :P do you have to use Edison or something? I'll look up tutorials later :) tyvm!
DJ StablImagefree

Stablefree
jubian

Postby Stars In Autumn » 22 Oct 2011 08:36

jubian wrote:I actually have no idea how to do that :P do you have to use Edison or something? I'll look up tutorials later :) tyvm!

You can use edison, or just import the audio file into a channel and use the splicer tool to slice it up in your playlist editor so it looks like:
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby jubian » 23 Oct 2011 05:10

Jeffthestrider wrote:
jubian wrote:I actually have no idea how to do that :P do you have to use Edison or something? I'll look up tutorials later :) tyvm!

You can use edison, or just import the audio file into a channel and use the splicer tool to slice it up in your playlist editor so it looks like:

I had no idea you could just drag audio files into the playlist XD It's so much easier now, thanks a ton! My next remix requires me to modify the time signature of a vox track, so it will take me a while X_X
DJ StablImagefree

Stablefree
jubian

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice