Time to be Cruel (feat. Flutterbully)

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Time to be Cruel (feat. Flutterbully)

Postby Stars In Autumn » 14 Oct 2011 08:11

This is my latest song that I've spent forever remixing. Saying that, I've discovered the awesomeness of Guitar Rig. This is my second song that makes heavy use of vocals from the show. AlexS's "What a World (feat. Steven Magnet)" and PinkiePieSwear's music have inspired me to write this.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Re: Time to be Cruel (feat. Flutterbully)

Postby Makkon » 14 Oct 2011 14:12

JEFF! This is totally different than your usual mix, bro. I love it! The chord progression makes start to sing Numa Numa though.
So in what way did you implement guitar rig, just out of curiosity? As FX over some synth?

Now I have fluttershy saying NO and Your FACE stuck in my head.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Interrobang Pie » 14 Oct 2011 14:33

Ah yes, I saw this one earlier. I was suprised actually, I was like "woah this doesn't sound very much like Jeff". But it's good and I like it.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby PiercingSight » 14 Oct 2011 23:57

Woah Jiffy... This is new for you dude!
at first I was like "wut" then I was like "Woah"
nice job.
I don't believe in work. I believe in productive play. - me

Yamaha DGX-620, Garageband '11.
Instruments: Piano (by ear since I was 3), violin (barely), Guitar (novice).

http://soundcloud.com/piercingsight
http://youtube.com/user/danegraphics
PiercingSight

Postby Makkon » 15 Oct 2011 00:32

PiercingSight wrote:Woah Jiffy... This is new for you dude!
at first I was like "wut" then I was like "Woah"
nice job.

I know, right? Totally unexpected XD

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Stars In Autumn » 15 Oct 2011 02:25

Thanks for the compliments guys. I wouldn't say this is completely new, Positive Qualities is the same style as this. But I think this is a much better song than my RW II entries.

Makkon wrote:JEFF! This is totally different than your usual mix, bro. I love it! The chord progression makes start to sing Numa Numa though.
So in what way did you implement guitar rig, just out of curiosity? As FX over some synth?

Now I have fluttershy saying NO and Your FACE stuck in my head.

Haha, I didn't even realize that, but yeah, I'm totally hearing Numa Numa now. Yeah, I had two instances of guitar rig.

One was over the beginning and end pad you hear. Here's what it sounds like dry for four bars, then what it sounds like with GR active for four bars. It's set up like this:
Image.

Just a tremelo effect and a chorus effect.

Then here's one of my synths with GR inactive and then active. It's set up like this:

This is actually a preset called Driftified. I tend to avoid using presets but when I heard this I just had to have it. The biggest thing to notice is the analog sequencer and the gater. The sequencer defines the gater's dry/wet value in a 4 beat pattern. The sliders in the center define a value of 0 and the sliders at the top define a value of 1, or all the way. So it too creates a kind of tremolo effect. The others are just adding some reverb, filter peak in the upper frequency registers, and a limiter.

Okay, that was a bit of fun to explain.

And thanks for the compliments PiercingSight and I-Pie.

And also thanks to Tarby, Orchestral Design, and Cyril Lyric for helping me mix this.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby Makkon » 15 Oct 2011 13:59

Thanks a ton for going over that, man. I'm still trying to learn guitar rig myself, and I've been sticking with presets cause it's all I know. With what you've shared, I think I'll be able to break away from that and have more control over it. Thanks again!

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice