<Dutch House>Ridium Vs JayB - I Love Everything[Remix]

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<Dutch House>Ridium Vs JayB - I Love Everything[Remix]

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 25 Sep 2012 20:44

"Fuck Everything" version, because reason's :twisted:

I'll put up a video later, when my after effects' stop's eating itself to death.

http://soundcloud.com/ridium_music/ridium-vs-jayb-fuck-everything

Please like this song

Also subscribe to JayBrony, Or JayB(Which Sound's less embarrassing to say in public, I kid)
"I skin small filly's and use the mangled flesh for my lampshades" - R.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Re: <Dutch House>Ridium Vs JayB - I Love Everything[Remix]

Postby ChocolateChicken » 26 Sep 2012 00:52

I love how gentle this song starts. At :30, you could put a bunch of reverb on that kick to add to the transition effect that you seem to be producing for the listener. Same thing at 1:00. Wow, I like how you keep adding synths and pads to keep things interesting and keep increasing the tension.

1:30 through 2:00, this would be a good build-up, but the pitch increases that you have in there goes on for way too long. Increase in pitch during a build-up is a pretty good effect, but not if you drag it on way too long. If you want to keep that pitch build-up, just wait till the last 5-10 seconds of the build-up. 30 seconds is too much time wasted on listening to pitch rising that could be spent on listening to music.

2:00. Good drop, and I like that synth bass thing that you have going on there. There's just a bit too much high end I think. The sidechain effect sounds fine. I think the kick drum that you have playing during this part is way too quiet, or it's being drowned out by the bass. This isn't good when sidechaining, especially after a 30 second build-up.

2:15. I like that you brought in the rest of the percussion and an additional synth later on in the drop. The percussion is still extremely quiet and soft though.

2:30, I like that you put that synth up an octave to make things more interesting and moving.

3:00 Great idea "releasing" the song to give your listeners a break. This is very good dynamics and is a very important, yet overlooked attribute of electronic dance music.

4:46 Holy crap, that's a great hard synth you got there!

5:00 until the end of the song. I love how every synth and sound joins in on the fun and then is slowly subtracted until the end of the song.

You really did a great job of keeping things moving and interesting in this song. The percussion needs work, as I stated before, and you can spend some more time mixing as well.
ChocolateChicken

Primary: Logic Pro
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby GumsOfGabby » 26 Sep 2012 08:26

I like this, such a great tune. I also really like how you vocoded the vocals to play chords.

Only thing I could pick at it the mix of the track, or perhaps the way you've mastered it. I can hear pumping as the overall volume of the track goes up. Sounds as if you've increased the track gain too far and the limiter is squashing the signal. I'd suggest playing with the levels of each of your instruments until you find a nice balance, then keep to limiting just the hard transients and boosting the overall gain to the point where the limiter isn't squashing your audio.

Nice track! Keep it up!
Youtube | Soundcloud

FL/Massive noob

Need a bit of feedback? Don't be shy to send me a PM along with your sample.
GumsOfGabby

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 26 Sep 2012 22:54

ChocolateChicken wrote:Huge as shit post holy goodness whatisthisidontevenadkfgjkadghfkadgsf

:geek: But I did read it, all 50 chapter's of it. And here is My analysis on your analysis:

30: That intro kick thirty second's in isn't actually kick at all, It's just a heavily compressed, maximized, equalized, distorted synth of my own creation with a large attack rate and a low release rate, And it is reverbed, alot. I just ended up not having the ability to use more without loss of actual all end sound quailty(Basically the scratchy noise, as well as the bass being forced on the speaker's/headphone's at one time)

1:30 - 2:00: Well That's just me, That's what I do, it's my thing. It's a tension builder, an adrenaline rush, I call em heavy builds, stuff that, it will and get on your nerve's(the length) and It might rupture your eardrum's(the pitch) but it will never get boring, because there's too much stuff happening the you can never really stop and go 'wow this is just too much' until after the event has happened, think of it like holding your breath and you can only breath again when I say so, It's a power thing. Get's me off :twisted:

2:00 - The drum is as high as any computer can handle, I just turned down the original version of the whole song after it broke two pairs of my best head phone's.. Loud..

2:15 - the percussion was a pre-madonna bitch the whole goddamn production, It either acted too loudly or too softly, never just a nice middle ground

2:30 - yeah I do that..

3:00 - Yup also do that..

4:46 - I never listen to my own song's enough to no what this point of the song is... so thank you!

5:00 - By this point of the song, I was just kinda done with it, I almost took the afrojack way and just looped the original drop, but thought 'what the fuck, let's have fun!' and did the 'crappy not dubsteppy' beat thing, it's meh.

I can't help but to agree with you about the "spending more time mixing" part, this song... well, I got the stem's to remix it not last night but the night before, at around 11:45 p.m., spent the next day engulfing myself with borderlands 2, (reached level 34, Gunzerker), then around three p.m. started making the song, and around 6..30..ish.. uploaded it? So yeah, perhap's I could take more time on it, but eh, I thought that it was allright for the time I put into it.

But cool... Thank's I'm just trying to collaborate with, and remix people all around the place to gain more of a... social standing? I guess, Mostly I just like working with people... I don't know...

NIGGA, DIS POST IS TOO DAMN LONG AINT NO ONE GOT TIME TO READ DAT SHIT!!
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 26 Sep 2012 23:01

GumsOfGabby wrote:I like this, such a great tune. I also really like how you vocoded the vocals to play chords.

Only thing I could pick at it the mix of the track, or perhaps the way you've mastered it. I can hear pumping as the overall volume of the track goes up. Sounds as if you've increased the track gain too far and the limiter is squashing the signal. I'd suggest playing with the levels of each of your instruments until you find a nice balance, then keep to limiting just the hard transients and boosting the overall gain to the point where the limiter isn't squashing your audio.

Nice track! Keep it up!

LOUDNESS + CAPSLOCK = SONG'S THAT KEEP THE HONEYS BUMPIN'

No, seriously though, I make alot of song's that pass right past that "too loud for decent people" point, I don't like soft stuff.. I think I have masculinity issues.. idk.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby GumsOfGabby » 27 Sep 2012 12:39

Nonsense_Profile wrote: LOUDNESS + CAPSLOCK = SONG'S THAT KEEP THE HONEYS BUMPIN'

No, seriously though, I make alot of song's that pass right past that "too loud for decent people" point, I don't like soft stuff.. I think I have masculinity issues.. idk.

I didn't mean at all that the track is "too loud". I was trying to say that you've over compressed the track. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_artifact While your track isn't clipping, it is "pumping" as the level of your audio passes the threshold you've set on your compressor/limiter.

Try to mix your instruments a bit better. With a better mix, the track can be boosted even louder without signs of any artifacts! :D
Youtube | Soundcloud

FL/Massive noob

Need a bit of feedback? Don't be shy to send me a PM along with your sample.
GumsOfGabby

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 28 Sep 2012 01:26

GumsOfGabby wrote:
Nonsense_Profile wrote: LOUDNESS + CAPSLOCK = SONG'S THAT KEEP THE HONEYS BUMPIN'

I didn't mean at all that the track is "too loud". I was trying to say that you've over compressed the track. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_artifact While your track isn't clipping, it is "pumping" as the level of your audio passes the threshold you've set on your compressor/limiter.

Try to mix your instruments a bit better. With a better mix, the track can be boosted even louder without signs of any artifacts! :D

Yes.

:idea:
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby Mijka » 12 Apr 2014 03:38

I'm desperatly searching for some dutch house tracks within the fandom, this one looks like the few existant ones (and with appealing comments) and... it's impossible to found anywhere :-/. H4lp.
Mijka

Primary: Just horrible Audacity for podcasts.
Cutie Mark: No CM, i'm a griffon, silly !

Postby Viricide Filly » 12 Apr 2014 09:45

Yeah, don't necro threads and don't randomly post in some guy's 2 year old song that isn't even available anymore. Thanks!
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Freewave » 12 Apr 2014 10:26

Locking..... that was dumb....
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice