I Love Everything

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

I Love Everything

Postby JackleApp » 11 Sep 2011 10:33

http://soundcloud.com/jackle-app/i-love-everything

A remix made in a 4 hour blast of inspiration.
Happy Birthday, Pinkie Pie Swear <3
You were that inspiration :3
Image DA MAGIKS
JackleApp

Re: I Love Everything

Postby Interrobang Pie » 11 Sep 2011 10:54

I LOVE THIS
I REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS
fuck
2:30 brings a tear to my eye every single time.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Senator Myth » 11 Sep 2011 11:37

Melodyne is magical.

I asked several times in the IRC, but you didn't answer: where are the strings from?

EDIT: Of course, it goes without saying that this is orgasmically good. I wish I was you, have my children, et cetera et cetera.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Postby bartekko » 11 Sep 2011 12:34

I hate to not like it, but it simply didn't quite catch me, kind of too loud for me, kind of overproduced, too much reverb for my ear in some points, like 2:30. however, if removed the reverb (it's killing me and my speakers) it'd make a good song with ambient/chillout -ish feeling, let alone it not being ambient or chilloutish
DON"T READ THIS SHIT I WRITE WHEN HALF-CONSCIOUS

um... speechless now, It's so awesome I can't believe I wrote above.
Nor How did I manage to even think about this.

Now for the real 120% conscious critic: I love the way you cut up fluttervoice, and changed it so hard , If i didn't know the original, then I'd have taken a guess on anyone apart fluttershy, It's way punchier than fluttershy's voice.

It's so otherworldy I just can't say anything else.
Last edited by bartekko on 26 Sep 2011 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Senator Myth » 11 Sep 2011 14:50

bartekko wrote:I hate to not like it, but it simply didn't quite catch me, kind of too loud for me, kind of overproduced, too much reverb for my ear in some points, like 2:30. however, if removed the reverb (it's killing me and my speakers) it'd make a good song with ambient/chillout -ish feeling, let alone it not being ambient or chilloutish

Only one solution.

DJ KEO STYLE REMIX GO
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Postby Makkon » 11 Sep 2011 16:08

Although the grainy sound is a little too much, I really REALLY like this song. Melodyne you say?
Hmm.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Whitetail » 11 Sep 2011 19:03

Y u no download link?
(I have the download anyways from toastbeard, but I know a lot of people want the download of this)

Sounds awesome, it was like I was waiting for a dubstep drop - then comes the violin solo and things get serious, "none of that childish wub stuff."
Whitetail

Postby Baschfire » 12 Sep 2011 02:04

bartekko wrote:I hate to not like it, but it simply didn't quite catch me, kind of too loud for me, kind of overproduced, too much reverb for my ear in some points, like 2:30. however, if removed the reverb (it's killing me and my speakers) it'd make a good song with ambient/chillout -ish feeling, let alone it not being ambient or chilloutish

Um....
Nah
Baschfire

Postby JackleApp » 12 Sep 2011 02:04

Nah.
Image DA MAGIKS
JackleApp

Postby Aussie » 12 Sep 2011 02:05

Aussie

Postby PinkiePieSwear » 12 Sep 2011 02:07

Hmmm.... nah.
PinkiePieSwear

Postby FoozogzPepperBrony » 12 Sep 2011 02:09

Nah
DAW: Ableton
HELLO, OLD FRIENDS~
FoozogzPepperBrony

Postby Tarby » 12 Sep 2011 02:11

I'll be honest, I don't know what you mean by overproduced. there's like 5 tracks, and besides reverb (which goes with the minimalistic, almost soundscape-ish approach to the instrumentation of the song), there aren't that many effects on any of the tracks. You suggest taking away the reverb to make it a "Good song with ambient/chillout -ish feeling", but wouldn't taking away the reverb get rid of the ambient feeling? Because it's so minimalistic, removing the reverb would make the song really dry and really thin-sounding. Also, no offence, but I've listened to this song a few times, each time through the stock HP Laptop speakers I got with my cheep-ass computer; if the reverb isn't doing anything for these, then your speakers must be shit.
Hahaha I don't even go on here anymore
Seriously hit me up on skype or something, I'm rarely if ever online here.
Tarby

Postby Interrobang Pie » 12 Sep 2011 03:55

A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Whitetail » 12 Sep 2011 08:16

Not to continue beating a dead horse... but are you listening with good speakers?
Personally I pretty much always use headphones since the speakers on my laptop aren't necessarily all that good

Sure it's a lot of reverb, but it's never to the point where it's necessarily drowning out the sound, if anything it helps fill in the voids that would be provided by the simplicity of the composition.
Whitetail

Postby Versilaryan » 13 Sep 2011 18:22

WHOAH. ATMOSPHERE.

Maybe the cello/viola/whatever string instrument solo was a little too loud, 'cause it stuck out from the rest of the song a little too much, and that eargasmy goodness at 2:30 might sound cooler with weird Flutterchords. I dunno. I really liked it, though. I'm getting shivers right now, and this is going straight on my best-of-the-best pony playlist.
Versilaryan

Postby Rainbow Hash » 13 Sep 2011 18:29

Beautiful! Very chill, love the cut up samples in the middle. JackleApp making magic as always :P
Rainbow Hash

Postby Applejinx » 15 Sep 2011 13:39

D:

Quit pickin' on bartekko! He did say 'for me' and now it's like a joke to say 'nah', and he's not totally crazy, it jes doesn't stop the song from bein' good :)

When I turned it down reeeeeal far it sounded better to me. The things that are buggin' bartekko is partly the way the drums is compressed and the reverby stuff is compressed. The verb comes up to be louder than the voices even in the middle of voices sometimes, and the kick drum turns into a 'squerp' instead of a thud or is designed to do that.

And that is ART, and I'm not saying I don't like it, I think I understand. It's like asphyxiating' in cotton-candy or being tiny and stuffed in Pinkie's fluffed out mane. You can't even see the world, just bright pink half an inch from your wide-starin' eyeballs until your brain explodes XD

Just enough with the 'nah' please? It's unkind. I love many things very different from this, even though I think I can understand its magic :) It's okay if not EVERYPONY gits it.

And if you leave aside the fact that it's art and s'posed to be that way on purpose, the idea that the reverb jumps up with overcompression and fights with other mix elements? Uh, YEAH ;P
Applejinx

Postby Applejinx » 15 Sep 2011 13:57

Tarby wrote:I'll be honest, I don't know what you mean by overproduced. there's like 5 tracks, and besides reverb (which goes with the minimalistic, almost soundscape-ish approach to the instrumentation of the song), there aren't that many effects on any of the tracks.

I understood him, let me help. Anytime compression does anything funny and unnatural, that's what gives people the cue to think 'overproduced', and I'm sure that's what it was, it's obvious.

The guitars have compression, the drums have compression, the reverb has its own compression, and then there's compression on the mix bus too. What happens with that is, if you git somethin playin by itself, it has that fluid fillin-out quality like on the guitar parts, but if you have lots of things playin' they start to fight with each other. This is what most of you are liking and bartekko din't.

What it does is, background parts like the verb or the synth pads that aren't loud by themselves, git stomped down by more staccato parts like drums, and then when the buss comp hits, they pop up VIOLENTLY and this dynamic popping is what tells the ear 'produced'. And, compression multiplies, meanin' the ratios multiply. So if you got a compressor on somethin' and then another on the mix buss it gits WAY MORE COMPRESSED all together.

If it wasn't for the very fast release times bein' used bartekko would never have said that, but then the rest of you wouldn'ta clopped so hard, so he's outvoted XD but he is absolutely right that it's a 'produced' sound, because it's all about the compression and what it does. Produced don't mean other effects, necessarily, it's all about the gain structure and especially what compression does to note envelopes.

o_O

Sorry, din't mean to lecture- I need to git back to work... helpful to the point of bein' an annoyin' confounded nuisance, is Applejinx, I fear ;P
Applejinx

Postby Interrobang Pie » 15 Sep 2011 14:00

Applejinx wrote:Just enough with the 'nah' please?

Nah.
Interrobang Pie

Postby Applejinx » 15 Sep 2011 14:03

*facehoof* XD
Applejinx

Postby Baschfire » 16 Sep 2011 03:22

Applejinx wrote:
Tarby wrote:I'll be honest, I don't know what you mean by overproduced. there's like 5 tracks, and besides reverb (which goes with the minimalistic, almost soundscape-ish approach to the instrumentation of the song), there aren't that many effects on any of the tracks.

I understood him, let me help. Anytime compression does anything funny and unnatural, that's what gives people the cue to think 'overproduced', and I'm sure that's what it was, it's obvious.

The guitars have compression, the drums have compression, the reverb has its own compression, and then there's compression on the mix bus too. What happens with that is, if you git somethin playin by itself, it has that fluid fillin-out quality like on the guitar parts, but if you have lots of things playin' they start to fight with each other. This is what most of you are liking and bartekko din't.

What it does is, background parts like the verb or the synth pads that aren't loud by themselves, git stomped down by more staccato parts like drums, and then when the buss comp hits, they pop up VIOLENTLY and this dynamic popping is what tells the ear 'produced'. And, compression multiplies, meanin' the ratios multiply. So if you got a compressor on somethin' and then another on the mix buss it gits WAY MORE COMPRESSED all together.

If it wasn't for the very fast release times bein' used bartekko would never have said that, but then the rest of you wouldn'ta clopped so hard, so he's outvoted XD but he is absolutely right that it's a 'produced' sound, because it's all about the compression and what it does. Produced don't mean other effects, necessarily, it's all about the gain structure and especially what compression does to note envelopes.

o_O

Sorry, din't mean to lecture- I need to git back to work... helpful to the point of bein' an annoyin' confounded nuisance, is Applejinx, I fear ;P

Firstly. Drums. Drums are technically supposed to pierce through any work. That's the point. The nature of a drum is supposed to just go right through. And as with the bass drum, it IS a crisp sound. Call me an audiophile, but if someone's having issues with that, then they really need some better speakers.

Also, Nah.
Baschfire

Postby Applejinx » 16 Sep 2011 06:28

Aw, nuts- serves me right for jumpin' in, didn't mean to OFFEND or nothin, and now it's all confusin' D:

I never said drums weren't pokey-out-things! I'm just sayin' they hit the buss compression in a certain way ;P
Applejinx

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 16 Sep 2011 06:59

Baschfire wrote:Call me an audiophile

You're an audiophile!

Applejinx wrote:Aw, nuts- serves me right for jumpin' in, didn't mean to OFFEND or nothin, and now it's all confusin' D:

I never said drums weren't pokey-out-things! I'm just sayin' they hit the buss compression in a certain way ;P

I can see why everyone got a tad griefed by Bartekko's comment. The piece is pretty amazing and very well done. So a negative comment, that after reading a few times, doesn't really seem to help, would upset a few people. Especially considering the word 'overproduced' is ambiguous...

That being said, I give you kudos for standing up for someone Applejinx! Just be careful with your wording, as you can see what happens...:P
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Applejinx » 16 Sep 2011 07:09

I'll try harder, I promise XD yikes! And yes overproduced sounds like it should mean 'you have no taste and this is bad', which is why I wanted to explain that no, the REASON this is good is some creative decisions about compression that do crazy neat things which some people will read as 'produced' o_O

I still think it sounds like being stuck in Pinkie Pie's mane XD

You could do the same thing without triggerin' people like bartekko by using parallel compression :)
Applejinx

Next

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice