Unrealectric EP

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Unrealectric EP

Postby General Mumble » 31 Aug 2011 17:44

So I just made a Bandcamp, and I'll be filling it up with much more than just this in the future, but I thought my first EP would be an obvious first thing to upload.

I made this just after I got into the swing of making music, so it may be a little tedious for some.

I must warn you that pretty much every track on this EP takes a long time to get started, because that's exactly what I wanted to make at the time, and personally, I find it very interesting to listen to, but that's just me.

Most of it is pretty chilled out, and relies on subtle changes in repetition and late-starting (attempts at) hooks.

It's inspired by the sound (but not the composition) of Alexander Brandon's soundtrack for Jazz Jackrabbit 2, and some of Unreal Tournament's soundtrack.

I don't expect many downloads, but I would love to hear opinions, even if only on a few tracks.

http://generalmumble.bandcamp.com/album/unrealectric-ep
Something, something, ponies.
Something, something, friendship.
General Mumble

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Poo

Re: Unrealectric EP

Postby [voodoopony] » 02 Nov 2011 02:23

Why no one has posted is beyond me. This is some great stuff, when I'm doing homework or drawing this would definitely hit the spot. Not the kind of music I'd expect myself to understand the first few listens, but that's the best part. Good luck making music man!
Warning: May cause rapid chest hair growth.
Youtube - Bandcamp
[voodoopony]

Postby General Mumble » 02 Nov 2011 05:36

Your reaction is pretty much exactly what I want to hear from this EP. It's more or less background music for the most part, with the odd part that reminds you that you are listening to it. I enjoy listening to it during homework, which doesn't apply for a lot of the stuff I make.

Thanks for listening and sharing your thoughts, I appreciate it!
General Mumble

Postby SpaceAnomaly » 03 Nov 2011 10:51

I just finished listening to the album and I have to say you are awesome at making music that I can listen for hours on end. It's very enjoyable and I love it!
Having listened to an 8 hour loop of All Fine is more than enough to say that. So good. >.>
SpaceAnomaly

Postby General Mumble » 03 Nov 2011 11:22

SpaceAnomaly wrote:Having listened to an 8 hour loop of All Fine is more than enough to say that. So good. >.>

8 hours... are you mad? or ill? Because by now you should be.

Also thank you for listening to the EP, I enjoyed creating it a lot.
General Mumble

Postby SpaceAnomaly » 03 Nov 2011 11:43

Haha, maybe a tiny bit mad. xD
I had 8 hours worth of engineering hw, you had addicting song (seriously, I could not get it out of my head) and BAM! 8 hours later I was done! Totally worth it.
SpaceAnomaly

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice