Celestia runway racing theme

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Celestia runway racing theme

Postby zorg » 29 Jul 2011 00:07

http://soundcloud.com/z0r8/celestia-runway-final

friendly warning: Don't try to guess the BPM :3
^feel free to disregard | genres... what are those? | :3
[collabgeddon] - too much time passed for this
Do feel free to keep in touch through discord: #zorg "eight" "rod" "inverted-E" "four"
zorg

Primary: ILyEAN (v0.0.0.0) [Designing Phase]
Cutie Mark: Usually Invisible

Re: Celestia runway racing theme

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 29 Jul 2011 00:14

1!

No 2!

NO 1000 BPM!!!

I dunno...anyway, is Celestia's Runway in a kind of Space-like area? Because I'm imagining driving on a track that's in low orbit above Equestria or something like that! Good job!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Makkon » 29 Jul 2011 01:31

The clearly defined hook you had in previous versions is now lost in too much variation. I really miss what you had before.
But the newly added instrumentation is great! If you could just have the best of both, the strong main theme in the older version, and the expanded instrumentation in the newer version.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby zorg » 29 Jul 2011 02:01

Dr_Dissonance wrote:1!

No 2!

NO 1000 BPM!!!

I dunno...anyway, is Celestia's Runway in a kind of Space-like area? Because I'm imagining driving on a track that's in low orbit above Equestria or something like that! Good job!

Okay, i give in; the BPM moves between 110 and 120, averaging 115. A Sine LFO'd tempo is used to irritate the player; if they can't accurately focus on the beat since it's always changing, even just a tiny bit, then the track will get harder to complete (or so i think) :3

Makkon wrote:The clearly defined hook you had in previous versions is now lost in too much variation. I really miss what you had before.
But the newly added instrumentation is great! If you could just have the best of both, the strong main theme in the older version, and the expanded instrumentation in the newer version.

Well, i added some horn and trumpet progressions near the end, but there are no new instruments that weren't in the older versions... i think. Although i did layer a bit much on top of everything at some parts... anyway i think the hook you're talking about is still present; the main theme/melody that the horns play is there, even in the end, it's just subtle. :3

But, please do tell which version did you refer to, and which part, maybe i can make it better.
Do feel free to keep in touch through discord: #zorg "eight" "rod" "inverted-E" "four"
zorg

Postby ClutterTrot » 29 Jul 2011 02:14

I'm want to use this music for one of the alternate endings for Role Pony Game, and maybe as a replacement for the music picked out for Cookie Crumb Valley, which is currently a royalty free track by Kevin MacLeod.

Is it Track or Tract?

EDIT: Okay, it turns out tract is something else entirely...

Double EDIT: No download button... ;_;
ClutterTrot

Postby zorg » 29 Jul 2011 03:54

ClutterTrot wrote:I'm want to use this music for one of the alternate endings for Role Pony Game, and maybe as a replacement for the music picked out for Cookie Crumb Valley, which is currently a royalty free track by Kevin MacLeod.

Is it Track or Tract?

EDIT: Okay, it turns out tract is something else entirely...

Double EDIT: No download button... ;_;

Sure

Edit: Yes download button, but i might tweak it just a bit if makkon answers :3
zorg

Postby Makkon » 29 Jul 2011 17:51

Your main hook in this version is VERY strong. The trumpets are easy to pick out, and the synth supports it rather than overpowers it.

http://soundcloud.com/z0r8/celestia-runaway-demo-3

What you have in the most recent version drowns out the strong theme that you had. Too much variation and layers overlaying the hook that it's no longer distinguishable.

Is there any way that you can keep that simple theme prevalent from 0:16 to 0:25? Because it's amazing. Absolutely chills down my spine.
Nothing wrong with the variations you have, they are just drowned out by too many notes in the chords and other instruments competing with it.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby zorg » 29 Jul 2011 22:14

http://soundcloud.com/z0r8/celestia-runway-final-d

one way to do it: extend; added another 2x4 bars to it, the first ones retaining the hook, and the latter 2 is the bridge to the more packed part.
zorg

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 29 Jul 2011 23:29

I love all the versions of this theme, the brass melodies are very reminiscent of something "Alestorm" would write.
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice