Luna (Diss Order Club Mix)

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Luna (Diss Order Club Mix)

Postby Diss Order » 27 Jul 2011 12:03

Still a WIP, nowhere near finished. But regardless of that, I'd still like to know what you think of it so far.

I'm COMPLETELY new to digital music production, only been doing it for a month or so... so please go easy on me. :)

P.S. YouTube messed with the sound a bit so there's a bit of distortion in my otherwise clean beat :( among other things...
New aliases: Subhoofer, for online fandom stuffs. Name Not Required is for original stuff. :)

https://soundcloud.com/djnnr/lemons-2nd-preview
Diss Order

Re: Luna (Diss Order Club Mix)

Postby PinkiePieSwear » 27 Jul 2011 12:33

Not bad!

I could be mistaken, but it sounds like the lyrics could use a bit of synchronization with your song. Either the timing was off a bit, or maybe it just didn't work with the hi hat rhythm. Something there just seemed a bit off. The lyrics might need some volume control as well. They seemed a bit overpowering to me.

Overall, very cool!
PinkiePieSwear

Postby Diss Order » 27 Jul 2011 17:49

Yep, someone on ponychan pointed out the mastering issues and I noticed it as well when I played it on my headphones. I reduced the volume on the vocals and the bassline now. I forgot to double-check it on different sound systems. :)

About the vocal synching: I've got a very good ear when it comes to synching and rythm and imo it's not off. I think I know what you mean though, the spoken words don't play symultaneously with each kick. Sometimes the vocals start before the pulse/count/kick/whatever you like to call it, but it's supposed to be like that. In the chorus for example: "Luna" kicks in about half a pulse before the meter.

Either way, the synch on the vocals is technically accurate [/twilight-mode]. That's about the only thing I can assure you about this track. XD
New aliases: Subhoofer, for online fandom stuffs. Name Not Required is for original stuff. :)

Diss Order

Postby Stars In Autumn » 27 Jul 2011 19:45

That sounds really good. A pretty chill beat going on there. And I like the way you start the vocals on around 1:30.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby Andy Feelin » 30 Jul 2011 12:59

I really dislike how you did the chorus. The original progression is as follows: D#m B C#...
Favourite pony: Fluttershy
Genre: eurodance, 80's italo-disco, synthpop
Soft: FL studio 5
Hard: CASIO CTK-900, ALISA 1387, Elsita RMIF e-drumset, Epiphone Embassy bass guitar
YouTube
Discography on MLR (latest update: 2004 - Margarita)
Andy Feelin

Postby Diss Order » 30 Jul 2011 15:09

I listened to the original and I didn't like it. If I really liked the original as it is, I wouldn't have started making a remix. Afaik it sounds good (as in: not offkey... got a built-in sensor for that, offkey makes me cringe. Pretty much how Alex S' remix of the same track makes me cringe).

I just happen to like this better. :] I quite occasionally arrange orchestral pieces based on other original works for my orchestra and also for my own (for solo piano) and I think I have at least decent enough experience on the matter to know that this doesn't sound 'bad', regardless of it being different than the original.

Diss Order

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice