<wip><pony><remix> Chrysalis's Revenge Remix - Rough Demo

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<wip><pony><remix> Chrysalis's Revenge Remix - Rough Demo

Postby Jason Martin » 13 May 2016 17:32

So I've decided to try remixing Jyc Row and IbeConCept's "Chrysalis's Revenge VIP" for his little contest thing. So far, I don't really think that I've put in as much effort or productivity or time into it as I should have been putting when I started, which obviously means I probably need to work much harder on it as the challenge deadline approaches rapidly.

https://clyp.it/xojhkbjf

I want feedback and advice on...pretty much everything. Possibly a bit of guidance as well, all since I'm unable to work on this with headphones for the time being (and my laptop's speakers are certainly not the absolute best).

Specifically I want these questions answered, but anything else you'd like to add would be great:

Does the overall composition/sound choice work okay? I don't know whether or not it's a sin to use more than one kick in the track or anything like that, so it'd be great to give me a few things to think about on that.

Does it sound okay mix-wise? I followed a couple of tips posted on this site, and did some super-slight to moderately slight EQ adjustments on most everything, as well as 4:1 compression on the master, so hopefully it shouldn't sound extremely muddy or painful. But, obviously with a lack of headphone usability, there can certainly be something else I'm missing, and would love to have that pointed out.

And of course, I'll totally think anything you think might be helpful. I want to work as hard on this as possible so I can meet the deadline, and I want that to pay off.
Jason Martin

Primary: FL Studio 12

Re: <wip><pony><remix> Chrysalis's Revenge Remix - Rough Dem

Postby Jason Martin » 23 May 2016 10:02

Jason Martin

Re: <wip><pony><remix> Chrysalis's Revenge Remix - Rough Dem

Postby Jason Martin » 23 May 2016 18:48

Fixed the vinyl crackle, white noise, added the pad to the drop, and pitched the vocals a bit. Also replaced the first kick with something hopefully a bit more tolerable. Also added bells, cuz why not. I plan on finishing this thing off with a solid dubstep drop and a repeat of the first drop and the like.

https://clyp.it/rwkihnvg
Jason Martin

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice