[Pony][Rap] Fim ft. Rhyme Flow

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

[Pony][Rap] Fim ft. Rhyme Flow

Postby ClaviSound » 26 Aug 2015 14:04

Most useful feedback would be in the categories of mixing, EQ, and mastering, but any constructive criticism is welcome.
aka Scott Hopkins aka Swerve Keystyle aka Equestrian Threat: https://www.youtube.com/c/EquestrianThreat

I can't type cursive, so I don't know what's supposed to go in my signature.

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Primary: Audacity cuz sweg, Ableton
Cutie Mark: N/A

Re: [Pony][Rap] Fim ft. Rhyme Flow

Postby ClaviSound » 29 Aug 2015 10:43

Bump

Character limits will not stop me
aka Scott Hopkins aka Swerve Keystyle aka Equestrian Threat: https://www.youtube.com/c/EquestrianThreat

I can't type cursive, so I don't know what's supposed to go in my signature.

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Primary: Audacity cuz sweg, Ableton
Cutie Mark: N/A

Re: [Pony][Rap] Fim ft. Rhyme Flow

Postby Injustrial » 06 Sep 2015 16:39

The only thing I'm noticing straight of the bat is the lead. It's a bit too sharp and prominent in the mix. I'd try cutting the 14-15000 Hz area a bit and perhaps lower it / sidechain it to the rap with a rather long release time.

The hits in the intro seem a bit too short. Try increasing the release a bit and/or add some reverb to them to make them carry a bit further. I was wondering if I had some buffering issues there. If it gets too crowded later, just automate the values back to the original setting when the rest of the instruments come in.

Aaaaand just as I'm writing this, my headset decided it didn't want to play ball. I got to 1:30 before it died. Sorry...
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice