[Pony] [Original] [ChipHouse(?)] Moon Dancer

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

[Pony] [Original] [ChipHouse(?)] Moon Dancer

Postby Scooblee » 08 Jul 2015 12:11

Wow. It's been a while since I've posted in this part of the forums, huh? Guess I should fix that.

So I figured I'd share my latest song here to see what you guys think. Since I haven't written but one song like this before, I thought maybe I could use some feedback. It sounds alright to me, but some of you may find something I missed or don't know about. And maybe you could give me a genre to name it, too. I'm just calling it Chiptune House because I don't know any better. :P I'm not even sure if this could be classified as House at all.

Any and all comments and feedback are appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/scooblee/moon-dancer

Also, SoundCloud link for those who wish to listen by that instead.
Scooblee

Primary: FamiTracker
Cutie Mark: Pixelated Bass Clef

Re: [Pony] [Original] [ChipHouse(?)] Moon Dancer

Postby NightmareRare » 10 Jul 2015 18:15

Hey man! So I'm not well versed in chip but here's somthings I noticed. First off I like your melodies I thought they were really solid, but the effects you used for transitions seemed harsh compared to the rest of the instruments. They just came off as being out of place and a bit dissonant, which made your tracks flow a little awkward
Hayden Wired
Twitter Time!
Facebook Friend Machine!
---
" I never fell apart because I guess I never really fell together."
- Andy Warhol
NightmareRare

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Cup of Coffee

Postby Scooblee » 13 Jul 2015 14:06

Thanks, Rare! I'm kinda new to doing this style of music, so transitioning is something I'll have to work on. There's not much I can do at the moment, but it is something I'll look to improve on. Again, thanks, and I'll be sure to keep this in mind! I was kinda wondering if I'd get any kind of response, honestly.
Scooblee

Primary: FamiTracker
Cutie Mark: Pixelated Bass Clef

Postby Xexeon » 13 Jul 2015 16:16

i think the transitiion at the start is so distorted (i thought my ears where going to bleed) and i think you need a less distorted one but it sounds pretty good
Xexeon

Primary: Audiotool
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice