<Pony><Dubstep> Changeling Encounter

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<Pony><Dubstep> Changeling Encounter

Postby Kryptic » 03 May 2015 14:25

So I just released a new track called "Changeling Encounter" this morning. Check it out if you like!

https://soundcloud.com/kryptic-official/changeling-encounter
*Insert interesting/funny quote here*
Kryptic

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: <Pony><Dubstep> Changeling Encounter

Postby Facade » 03 May 2015 14:34

first off welcome to the forum!

secondly

the into sounds really good but that synth is kinda quite

the build up could be improved but it works

the wubs are kinda simple but not bad

percussion is pretty good

the lead that comes in after the drop sounds nice

i like your use of sampling

the second drop doesnt feel changed up enough but thats just an opinion thing so dont worry about it

over all this is pretty decent ill give it a 7.5/10
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Kryptic » 03 May 2015 14:41

Thanks for the feedback and the welcome :) I'm not necessarily new to the forum as I had an account before but had to make a new one because I changed my name from R4VAGER to Kryptic. Anyway, thanks again for your feedback :) /)
*Insert interesting/funny quote here*
Kryptic

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Facade » 03 May 2015 16:22

ah no problem and welcome back i guess
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Guthey » 04 May 2015 03:14

The beginning sounds pretty cool. However, it seems to be lacking a build. It sort of seems like it goes like this.
intro-bu-drop, so basically it's missing a build.
One thing in particular is the mixing. the kick sounds like it's pounding a little too hard. Like my ear is gunna pop or something, try to not focus so much on the low end of a kick. do not bring it up in the eq but rather leave it where it is and bring the other melodic elements low ends down. that way there is more room in the low end of the spectrum for the kick. That's what I do at least, feel free to ignore that.

The drop also seems to be lacking in dynamics. Where are the chords, lead, arp, and ambiance. It's just bass and a little flare lead, which, to me, sorta off puts the song. Contrary to popular opinion, dubstep is not just bass, try to see what you can add in your next song's drop other than bass.

And it sorta just ends...wat. not really a big fan of songs just ending, but you can do it if you want.

All in all, it is an okay song. some things are alright like the arp in the beginning and the bass in the drop wasn't too shappy either. Vocals could use some tweaking but nothing real major. Just try to make things more dynamic. It's hard at first but it should come together once you have a melody down. Just write everything around that and you should be good.

Cheers.
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice