<Pony><Chipstep> Assertion [FDS]

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<Pony><Chipstep> Assertion [FDS]

Postby Scooblee » 31 Jan 2015 21:46

Thought I'd post my newest track here for some feedback. I basically wrote this after my Boooring! cover, and since that was fresh on my mind, I thought I'd try creating a Assertive Fluttershy-style song.
Please, tell me what you think of it!
Scooblee

Primary: FamiTracker
Cutie Mark: Pixelated Bass Clef

Re: <Pony><Chipstep> Assertion [FDS]

Postby Kawaii » 01 Feb 2015 04:41

This was very good, however the drop seems so distant from the actual song. Maybe change the melody of the drop to the first part of the main melody, then have the melody change to the drop's version, and do this for at least the first bar of the drop (that way we get accustomed to the changed drum pattern so the drop isn't so alien).

Now to go check out your other songs :D
https://soundcloud.com/kawaiireallife
Kawaii
Kawaii
Kawaii
Kawaii
Kawaii
Kawaii
Kawaii

Primary: FL Studio 11 Ultimate
Cutie Mark: Drumset

Postby Facade » 01 Feb 2015 23:39

nice! though the drop does seem a little distant from the rest of it, it still sounds nice

have you looked into lsdj? cause you should its awesome
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Scooblee » 02 Feb 2015 17:06

Kawaii wrote:This was very good, however the drop seems so distant from the actual song. Maybe change the melody of the drop to the first part of the main melody, then have the melody change to the drop's version, and do this for at least the first bar of the drop (that way we get accustomed to the changed drum pattern so the drop isn't so alien).

Now to go check out your other songs :D

Thanks! Tbh, the drop (and I guess by extension the whole song) is somewhat modeled after my old Boooring! cover, as it's the only thing in the genre I've ever done. If I experiment more with drops and whatnot, I might be able to get something better, but this is basically just me winging it. First time, after all.

Facade wrote:nice! though the drop does seem a little distant from the rest of it, it still sounds nice

have you looked into lsdj? cause you should its awesome

Yeah, I've used LSDj. While I'm not as comfortable with is as I am w/FamiTracker (Iunno why, NES & GB are about the same when you look at them) I still can get a good song out every now and then. For instance, I made this cover of a friend's Pac-Man Remix to try it out. I also have an ooold cover of Luigi's Mansion on my channel but I'm not gonna link it because it's just eeeehhhh
Scooblee

Postby Facade » 02 Feb 2015 19:09

well if you ever want gb sounds but are too uncomfortable with lsdj try this
http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/usb-boy
then just drop midigb on a flash cart drop it in your gameboy of choice and sequence in your daw
i have one its pretty awesome
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Kawaii » 03 Feb 2015 11:18

Ironically I asked this person on Soundcloud if they had LSDJ XD
If you get it you could probably make it as famous as Crystal Castles or Anamanaguchi <3
I'm only saying that because then it would be a cool live performance. Can't wait to hear some more tracks by you, some of your others sound very good.
https://soundcloud.com/kawaiireallife
Kawaii
Kawaii
Kawaii
Kawaii
Kawaii
Kawaii
Kawaii

Primary: FL Studio 11 Ultimate
Cutie Mark: Drumset

Postby Scooblee » 03 Feb 2015 17:25

Oh, that was you?
*checks*
Oh, sorry I never replied! I saw it (and I was gonna make a snarky comment because you left the "j" out of "LSDj") but it was probably early in the morning, so I forgot about it (not intentionally, but because of school.)

But yeah, I'll try to make a little more music with the GB! I'm not sure if I'll ever get to perform live, but if it happens, it happens. But I really hope it does happen, I'd really love to perform at a Con or something like that.
Scooblee

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice