<non-pony><symphonic metal>Legend of the Oversoul

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<non-pony><symphonic metal>Legend of the Oversoul

Postby GhostXb » 16 Jan 2015 07:46

https://soundcloud.com/ghostxb/8dio-2014-stand-out-contest-submission-legend-of-the-oversoul-by-paul-haskell

It's more symphonic then metal since the metal part doesn't kick in until later. This was a piece I made for a contest, but I didn't place :sad:. However I never got the chance to get any feedback so I thought I'd see what people think.

I was rushing to get it done so I didn't get to mix it as well as I would have liked. I was also struggling to get it under the 5 minute limit for the contest, but I think I did a decent job of making it fit. I put a lot of work into this, and while I didn't place, I did learn a lot from the experience. I would like to return to this project and expand upon it at some point.
GhostXb

Re: <non-pony><symphonic metal>Legend of the Oversoul

Postby Kawaii » 15 Feb 2015 06:02

This seems a little fast for an orchestral song (imo). I'd variate it a lot more as the (steel drums?) seem to sound the same throughout the whole thing. It's not bad but the "orchestral" part gets a bit repetitive. I'd say cut the first half of the song in half, take out a bunch of the orchestral drums, cut the high pitched stuff a bit (it will strain the ears really bad) and for the metal part, the guitar is WAY too quite. Add some headspace for it because it is getting lost in the mix.

I really like the end of it, do that but longer <3 Really good song though, really like it!
Kawaii

Primary: FL Studio 11 Ultimate
Cutie Mark: Drumset

Re: <non-pony><symphonic metal>Legend of the Oversoul

Postby GhostXb » 18 Feb 2015 00:17

Thanks for the feedback Kawaii, you make some good points. I do have a bad habit of boosting highs too much, but I'm starting to do better on that. I'm actually working on some orchestral/metal stuff at the moment. Hopefully I can get the sound right this time.
GhostXb

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice