<Non-pony><Original><Rock> Come Out of Your Shell

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<Non-pony><Original><Rock> Come Out of Your Shell

Postby TheAljavis » 14 Jan 2015 18:28

So I just made this song about an episode of The Amazing World of Gumball, which Gumball tells Penny thatnshe should be herself and that she should come out of her shell.
Constructive criticism is appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIHaGojBTr0
TheAljavis

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Pencil Drawing a Line

Re: <Non-pony><Original><Rock> Come Out of Your Shell

Postby Thunder Dash » 14 Jan 2015 21:05

Great work! Love the overall feel to it and despite it having no drums, you kept that driving rhythm with your guitar! Nice going! However, I think you turned up your guitar a little too loud. I had to strain a bit to hear your voice. Turn down the guitar a little and turn up your vocal mic or sing a little louder.

You sounded great and each note came out nice and clear. However, the one thing I heard was that your voice was a bit whispy, as if you sort of singing like Fluttershy would. Be sure to have a tight stomach and proper posture so that way your voice can project, because it was a little hard to understand what you were saying plus the fact the guitar was loud.

As far as the melody, you had a nice progression there. Your variations were really well planned out.

For the sound of the guitar, it seemed a little too dry and a bit muffled too. Perhaps dial in a subtle chorus to give it a little depth and maybe cut back on some of the mid-range frequencies.

Overall, a really great song! Keep it up!
Thunder Dash

Primary: Presonus Studio One 4 Artist
Cutie Mark: Piano

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice