<Pony><dubstep> Nightmare

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<Pony><dubstep> Nightmare

Postby R4VAGER » 04 Jan 2015 16:33

A brutal dubstep track with vocal samples from Nightmare Moon and Twilight Sparkle. Let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/r4vager/nightmare
"Insert signature here"
R4VAGER

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Wubz

Re: <Pony><dubstep> Nightmare

Postby NightmareRare » 05 Jan 2015 03:33

Well off the bat I'll say you've got a good handle on bass design but your arrangement and compositon are still a little rough.
So things to consider
- your transitions could use some zaz, to give you an idea try using a one shot synth or verbed out clap. Somthing like that there's alot of ways to do it
- tension. At the least you want somthing to happen every 4-8 bars to keep interest up. I found myself able to have an idea what was going to happen throughout the song and wasn't really surprised. If you want to make catchy music that's like ear crack you need to get this better down pat.

Great work though you sounds getting tighter each song you finish (I checked out your other work), I think if you work on these basic theory concepts a bit you could really make some sick tunes. Good luck ma brony!
Hayden Wired
Twitter Time!
Facebook Friend Machine!
---
" I never fell apart because I guess I never really fell together."
- Andy Warhol
NightmareRare

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Cup of Coffee

Re: <Pony><dubstep> Nightmare

Postby GhostXb » 14 Jan 2015 00:12

The high pitch synth in the beginning is a little too sharp and a little jarring. I'd cut some of those higher frequencies off it. The bass drop is lacking in the mid range and I'd layer it with a sub bass to give it a little more body.
GhostXb

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice