<pony><rock> Magic Show

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<pony><rock> Magic Show

Postby jsburgh » 01 Jan 2015 18:40

Freewave's note: Someday Jeff will learn how to embed correctly, until then i will be there waiting in the wings to help.

Really looking for feedback on writing for drums, thanks.
jsburgh

Primary: Logic X
Cutie Mark: PLAY

Re: <pony><rock> Magic Show

Postby Jokeblue » 12 Jan 2015 21:30

This is a really cool track man! I'm not the greatest with writing for drums, but I can say I really loved the double kick patterns you used throughout the song. More rock songs should have intense drums like this IMO.

The only part that I can say at the moment that is noticeably a little weak would be when they first come back in at around 0:26. Maybe its just because the next cymbal splash comes in a little suddenly because there isn't one directly before it. I personally would have started with a cymbal hit as well as the snare a the beginning there, and then maybe try full bars of semiquavers on a closed hi-hat with maybe an open hi hat or whatever you already have there on each snare hit, kinda like this

But with whatever kick pattern you already had.

But yeah really cool track and the drums definitely drove the song well and commanded some great attention in a lot of parts
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice