[Ambient] Paradisium (TWDOTS Ost)

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

[Ambient] Paradisium (TWDOTS Ost)

Postby Felipe_9595 » 29 Nov 2014 20:13

My new project ^-^ What do yout hink :D?

Felipe_9595

Re: [Ambient] Paradisium (TWDOTS Ost)

Postby Felipe_9595 » 02 Dec 2014 11:02

Kyoga wrote:This is actually pretty interesting. I enjoyed what you've done with the intro where instead of just introducing your primary instruments, you've given them a chance to evolve before revealing your chord progression and 'melody'

That being said, it gets a bit boring after a while. While your chords change in the introduction, your arpeggio doesn't really seem to change much. It gets better when you introduce the lead melody into the mix, but then the issue becomes a matter of the mix lacking any varying timbre. I would suggest perhaps allowing your lead to be a different instrument. Something with a more mid-ranged timbre so it can accompany the upper harmonics of the piano before it.

After you introduce the other piano, though. The biggest issue is that there's not really much that happens afterwards. The song is pretty good on its own, but it just doesn't evolve after that point and we're basically left with 2 extra minutes of the same progression. If I were to recreate this project, I would go out of my way to change up the progression as the song goes along so that it's a more interesting composition overall.

Thanks for the feedback ^-^ The lack of dynamism was kinda intentional, in that part of the fanfic loneliness is the only present "feeling", i just wanted to evoke loneliness with as little i could.
Felipe_9595

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice