<Pony><Cover><Metal> Rainbow Rocks METALIZED EP

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

<Pony><Cover><Metal> Rainbow Rocks METALIZED EP

Postby TheAljavis » 07 Nov 2014 13:40

So I finally finished making hard rock/metal versions of ALL the Rainbow Rocks songs. So I was wondering if you guys think it turned out well. I will say that the vocals are NOT perfect acapellas, so you may hear other instruments in the background when the vocals are being played. The instrumentals themselves are nicely mixed (or at least I think so), but putting the vocals in made things a little harder. So I'm just giving you guys a heads up about that. So here it is!
Rainbow Rocks METALIZED!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSchuR8L ... 1z5ti699WD
TheAljavis

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Pencil Drawing a Line

Re: <Pony><Cover><Metal> Rainbow Rocks METALIZED EP

Postby Injustrial » 09 Nov 2014 16:55

Though not bad in any way, you're using way too much reverb. It drowns out everything else and makes the sound very muddy indeed. I like your riffs and the energy you're giving the tracks, but your EQ-work and general mixing job makes the songs hard to enjoy to their full potential.

Cool idea, though. If you can be bothered, I'd love to hear a remastered version of some of these
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby TheAljavis » 11 Nov 2014 23:43

Yeah, its a little hard to make these songs bearable when the vocals are using are not perfect acapellas. A few days after releasing them all, I did notice I use too much reverb. And yes, I'm ALWAYS trying to remaster all the songs whenever I learn something new when it comes to mixing, considering I start to hate my music a few hours after I release them. Maybe once they start to sound a lot better, I'll release a remastered version of the metalized EP. Thanks for the input!
TheAljavis

Postby Pickslide1992 » 05 Dec 2014 10:44

I had a similar idea to this, but going more of an 80s rock route, but some of the tracks (Battle of the bands) will prove challenging to hair metalify. You know, snare drums that sound like gunshots, synths out the wazoo, chorus laden guitars and bass, the works.

All the same, this is an awesome idea and it's executed well, but there's a method to the reverb. Too much on everything makes it a little muddy, and everything bleeds into each other. Still, I'd love to see this remastered and Hell, I might can work with you (I'm an FL user too)
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
Pickslide1992

Postby TheAljavis » 06 Dec 2014 10:46

Hehe, thanks! I didn't think anyone would actually like my idea of making some kind of reimagining of the songs. Speaking of which, I've actually gotten better with my mixing throughout the few months, and I experimented with the guitar tone for a few weeks straight, and there's this tone I found that would've been WAY better in the metalized songs. So I'm thinking about re-recording all of them once I feel that the quality of my music is at a point where people would say that there is no problem with the mix.
TheAljavis

Postby Guthey » 07 Dec 2014 03:57

A video for help on mixing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywHHA-q-wM

That's were I sort of got the jist of what I was supposed to do. There also other videos of his that explain more about mixing and mastering. Just look for them in his videos and pick the ones you like. He also does make metal tracks so he should have some useful info on mixing a metal song.

For your songs I have to pretty much agree with everyone here, however. They are pretty good as an idea, but just the way they sound is what deters me when listening to them. You'll learn soon enough though. :grin:
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

Postby Pickslide1992 » 11 Dec 2014 20:47

Oh dude, I'm all about reimagining songs. Kind of my bread and butter, but I too still struggle with mixing. Most of the time I get lucky, but other times I could spend hours and it doesn't sound 100%. It's something that becomes muscle memory overtime, and when you think you have the chops to try again, I'd love to hear it, and I might even put it on my iPod. :D
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
Pickslide1992

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice