[Dubstep][nonpony]Journey to New Lands

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

[Dubstep][nonpony]Journey to New Lands

Postby itroitnyah » 23 Oct 2014 15:12

https://soundcloud.com/itroitnyah/journey-to-new-lands-itroitnyah

Yes, I know that some of you are going to complain about how I'm calling it dubstep even though it's 128 bpm. I don't care. Don't comment on that. I'm not here to find out what genre this is.

Anyways. I would like to know what you guys think. What can be improved, what is fine, what I should work on for my next track. Just about anything. Let me hear it.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: [Dubstep][nonpony]Journey to New Lands

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 27 Oct 2014 19:22

my definition of dubstep = half-step rhythm with a modulated bass line.

your drums are pretty weak-sauce when it comes to dubstep. A lot of times I find when I'm having trouble with the drums, it's usually because either I don't have it side-chained properly or the synths are too loud in comparison and there's no dynamic range between synths and the drums.

the arrangement sounds like you basically copied and pasted the song for the 2nd half which IMO tires the ear out fast. I like to have it so if you were dropped in a random section in the song, it's unique in some way and you know exactly where you are. Always something new to keep the ears not bored.
Captain Ironhelm

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice