Re: <Pony><EDM/Neo-Funk><Wip>- Rainbow Rocks Tribute

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Re: <Pony><EDM/Neo-Funk><Wip>- Rainbow Rocks Tribute

Postby Guthey » 09 Oct 2014 15:52

https://soundcloud.com/guthey/rainbow-rocks-tribute-preview

So here is the track I have been working on for the past day. It's a little different from from my usual stuff, just in the aspect of the instruments and everything, so it was a little tricky trying to do my usual electronic stuff, but I was able to make it work.

Anyways, I saw the new EQG Rainbow Rocks movie and I was overwhelmed with inspiration and thought. There were many songs in it just waiting to be remixed and everything. However, I'm not really about to go and remix a copyrighted song, so I decided to just do a sort of tribute track. Basically I'm making a track that consists of all the main six's instruments. So the guitar, piano, that shaker thing Fluttershy has, the drums, and as for the bass and stuff, well, I decided to incorporate vinyl's style also because of her rather significant part in the movie. No spoilers for those who haven't seen it, but to those who have you know what I mean.

Anyways, this is more of a wip than a preview since I haven't really finished it, but I thought why not. This just shows the intro and the first half of the first drop and a little of the second. So tell me what you think!

I decided to do a more a funky feel to it, at least I tried. I always do this because I really love listening to funk and jazz and all that, and I really love the style, so I try to mimic it in the less stressful way I can.

Any feedback or random comment would suffice, anything at all.

Also, I went and got Kontakt, and I have to say none of this would have been possible at all. I asked about instruments before and sort of orchestral stuff, but because I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with the orchestral other than somehow incorporate it so I decided to just get the basic necessity and get Kontakt. I don't regret anything at all.

P.S. it's been a solid year since I started making music and I have to say I came a very long way from where I was before, and It would not have been possible without you guys, and for that I thank you!
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice