[REPOST] <Pony> <Dubstep>

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

[REPOST] <Pony> <Dubstep>

Postby FlutterRift » 05 Oct 2014 15:40

http://m.soundcloud.com/flutterrift/flutterrift-discorded-dubstep

Quick little song I put together, Feedback would be nice , Enjoy!

~Flutterrift
FlutterRift

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Bass

Re: [REPOST] <Pony> <Dubstep>

Postby Guthey » 06 Oct 2014 02:20

Hmm, well, this is okay. The drums don't sound like they're sidechained at all, it sounds like they are just routed into the limiter and not really doing anything. They're barely audible during the drop, also. Try lowering everything that's being sidechained because the drums are usually the loudest element in edm music, usually.

As for the drop, it seems a little bland, just big noises really, not really any melodic elements in the song either other than what's in the beginning. And the song is basically completely comprised of the drop, which is also a little bland.

Overall, this is an okay song. I would probably look into trying to make your songs a little more dynamic. Like I said, there wasn't really much going on, just really big noises and some of discord laughing. Just listen to some other songs to get a feel for the sounds, you should pick up pretty quick.
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

Postby Stuntddude » 06 Oct 2014 05:23

There's also the fact that through much of the drop, the synths go completely out of sync with the drums, which is just a huge no. On top of that, a few of the synths, especially the main "talking" one, seem to have bad or no rhythm is some places.

The track is pretty bland. It might help if there were more than one instrument (not counting that one droning background pad) at once in at least some of the song. Also, don't brickwall your tracks. This would probably sound better if there were at least a little bit of dynamic range.

If this is a first attempt at dubstep or experimenting with these sorts of sounds, though, then it's still pretty darn good for a first (or even second or third) try.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby DJ TATCM » 06 Oct 2014 13:30

i swear on me naan i've heard that synth lead melody before. are you using loops improperly synced up or something?
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby cplbradley » 09 Oct 2014 22:04

DJ TATCM wrote:i swear on me naan i've heard that synth lead melody before. are you using loops improperly synced up or something?

that is exactly what he's doing. These are all from a sample pack.
Honorary Member of the Yoy and Whistle Club
https://soundcloud.com/cplbradley/perfectly-natural
cplbradley

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Distorted Fart Noises

Postby Guthey » 10 Oct 2014 04:19

cplbradley wrote:
DJ TATCM wrote:i swear on me naan i've heard that synth lead melody before. are you using loops improperly synced up or something?

that is exactly what he's doing. These are all from a sample pack.

Give him a break, I'm pretty sure we all used, or at least tried to use samples at least once, I know I did.
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice