(Canceled) Through The Ages

Current events we're participating in.

(Canceled) Through The Ages

Postby Obsidian Melody » 20 Jul 2014 22:16

Hey guys let me introduce myself first, I'm Obsidian Melody and I will be hosting this project. I feel like this can strive to become a great album with work and dedication.Okay, so the album titled Through The Ages, is based on the lore of Equestria, the lore of Equestria includes things such as the downfall of Discord, to the rise of King Sombra, and ect. The album will be free on Bandcamp, in which I will set up the bandcamp, and such and such.

SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
-Please keep to the theme of the album which is Equestrian Lore, and as such Equestrian Lore ranges from things such as The origins of the Sisters, to the lore of the changelings, and so on and so forth.
-Minimum song length two minutes
-Maximum song length is eight minutes
-If a large number of submissions are entered, they will be judged by a panel of musicians.
-Please put them in a FLAC File, since it is the easiest for me to receive.

SUBMISSION TITLE FORMAT: "Artist name - Track name"

FAQ:

Q: What Genres are allowed?
A: Any genre is fair game, just keep to the theme of the album.

Q: Are collaborations allowed?
A: Yes, collaborations are allowed,

Q: Can I make more than one song for the album?
A: Yes you can, but please refrain from making to many, as you may not have time to finish them all.

Q: Can I release my song before the album is released?
A: Please try to refrain from releasing the entire song, at the most just a teaser or something of the sorts. It is recommended that you release your song after the release date.

Start and Due Date: July 24, though you may start as soon as this is posted, official start date in which I will take submissions will be on July 25. If your are entering I must recommend that by two and a half months into the work date that you have something to show. As well the due date for all final submissions will be on November 21st in which no submissions will be taken after this date, released on a later date, this is subject to change again accordingly.

My Skype is lightning.bolt30 , tell me that you are working on this album, and I will add you to the group. If you have any questions ask here.

Any questions?
Last edited by Obsidian Melody on 19 Jun 2015 18:57, edited 2 times in total.
Obsidian Melody

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Two Eighth Notes

Re: Through The Ages

Postby Viricide Filly » 21 Jul 2014 08:45

Sounds interesting, I'll try and make something for this.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Freewave » 21 Jul 2014 09:01

This is a cool idea. Hopefully people know they can look at existing fannon (such fimfics and radio dramas) if they are looking for existing inspiration for help.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby S.P.P » 21 Jul 2014 09:35

This sounds great! A word of advice though, if you're hosting on Bandcamp, you can't upload MP3s, so Id ask for FLAC submissions.
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Obsidian Melody » 21 Jul 2014 09:36

Okay cool, I wasn't quite sure what it took for Bandcamp, and all, so thanks Pyrelight for that advice.
Obsidian Melody

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Two Eighth Notes

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events