Pony Christmas Carol Project

Current events we're participating in.

Pony Christmas Carol Project

Postby Overkillius » 25 Nov 2011 00:09

The point of this project is to come up with ideas of carols to record and to record them! It might even become a nifty little album if enough of you come up with some ideas for carols!

The point of this thread could be a lot of things. Basically it is for anything and everything the doc doesn't cover.

Everything should be on this doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10iD ... dit?hl=en_

Explanation: This will end up being a large scale collaboration involving people making carols, requesting that certain carols be ponified, actually ponifying carols, and of course SINGING THE CAROLS! I won’t be nitpicking about good vocals, everypony is welcome to try their hoof at singing for this project! The purpose of this doc is to hold all the information for all the parts of this project: Lyrics, Vocal Guide Tracks, MIDIs, etc. Feel free to change fonts or organize stuff or whatever to make the doc look more orderly and appealing.

Either request permission to edit in the doc, or in this thread via posting your e-mail. If you request and I have little way of knowing who you actually are (ex: you request in the doc and your email is [email protected]), I don't know who you are, or I just don't trust you to not g spam everything, then I will probably ignore requests to edit the doc (you never know unless you try). That said EVERYONE is invited to take part in the project as a whole. I just don't want this doc to become the next fanfic archive about wrapping it in the best wrapping paper.
Last edited by Overkillius on 25 Nov 2011 12:47, edited 6 times in total.
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Re: Pony Christmas Carol Project

Postby EHT » 25 Nov 2011 00:36

I want in on this. I've been looking for an excuse to record my voice! Plus I love carols and choral music
EHT

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 25 Nov 2011 01:35

Count me in!
MiuMiuChuu

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Weird kind

Postby PinkieGuy » 25 Nov 2011 02:01

I am excited by this. I'll definately get involved.

EDIT: I'd be willing to try my hand at penning a carol.
Last edited by PinkieGuy on 25 Nov 2011 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
JackleApp wrote:THIS IS A HEINOUS ABUSE OF POWER BUT

YOUR MOD COMMANDS YOU
PinkieGuy

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby LunchBagMusic » 25 Nov 2011 02:47

This sounds like a good idea. Count me in for anything.

Actually, the more I think about this, the more excited I get. THIS WILL HAPPEN.
LunchBagMusic

Postby d.notive » 25 Nov 2011 05:22

I'd be delighted to contribute. :)
d.notive is Matt Larson & <other insert vocalist>

DAW: Sonar 6 P.E.

<SilvaHound> I CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT THERE'S SOMEPONY OUT THERE WHO KNOWS HIS DISCO MORE THAN I
d.notive

Postby PhillyPu » 25 Nov 2011 13:27

Hope my voice is good enough for this. I'm in!
PhillyPu

Postby Interrobang Pie » 25 Nov 2011 14:44

We should just do An MLR Christmas Carol. I'll be Scrooge. Barr humbug.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Rainbowdutch » 25 Nov 2011 14:59

I will use all of my everything to help you with this
Rainbowdutch

Postby d.notive » 28 Nov 2011 02:14

Hey, here's a question:

Were you hoping for just christmas carols, or any sort of christmas song in general for this album?

Also, here's another thought. If this does evolve into a big collab project, why not toss it up on bandcamp or something, and donate any monies obtained from it to a charity of the community's choosing, or something equally of the holiday spirit?

<SilvaHound> I CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT THERE'S SOMEPONY OUT THERE WHO KNOWS HIS DISCO MORE THAN I
d.notive

Postby Rainbowdutch » 28 Nov 2011 03:28

Rudolf the red nose pony....
Rainbowdutch

Postby d.notive » 28 Nov 2011 05:56

Santa pony, I've really been an awfully good mare...

No, but seriously, I've had the idea to make "Last Christmas" into a pony themed tune somehow and (while I'm definitely strapped for an idea as to how) it would be fun to know if that's okay. :s

EDIT: On second thought that's a terrible idea.

d.notive

Postby Rainbowdutch » 28 Nov 2011 07:57

d.notive wrote:Santa pony, I've really been an awfully good mare...

No, but seriously, I've had the idea to make "Last Christmas" into a pony themed tune somehow and (while I'm definitely strapped for an idea as to how) it would be fun to know if that's okay. :s

EDIT: On second thought that's a terrible idea.

On third thought that's an amazing idea.
Rainbowdutch

Postby Overkillius » 28 Nov 2011 18:08

d.notive wrote:Hey, here's a question:

Were you hoping for just christmas carols, or any sort of christmas song in general for this album?

Also, here's another thought. If this does evolve into a big collab project, why not toss it up on bandcamp or something, and donate any monies obtained from it to a charity of the community's choosing, or something equally of the holiday spirit?

Actually, I was planning on doing carols, and if people were interested in making other carols happen besides the diddle I'm working on, then it could become an album! If there were a Christmas album event going on, I don't think I should be the person to run it, unless it all happened to be carols anyway! If everyone agrees to sing on the song I'm still working on (lyrics... lotsa lyrics) then I'll be happy, and if anyone else proposed we did some other carol I'd be willing to sing for that as well as I'm sure a lot of other people would be. I'd also be willing to make guide tracks and whatnot to help everypony sing other carols others wanted to do as well! or arranging and anything else of that nature.

tl;dr this paragraph: I wasn't really planning on an album, but if enough people wanted their own carols to be done, it would make a really cool album!

I think the Idea of making a Christmas album from MLR and giving donations to charity is a great idea... the only problem I really have with that is there are two other MLR album projects going on, and I could see too many of these at once making none of them happen.

If people DO want to do a Christmas album, should I just turn this thread into that? or should a new thread be made? Because Pony Christmas Carol DOES sound like an awesome name for a brony Christmas album.
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events