Damp Hit - This Is A Test (Remix Contest)

Current events we're participating in.

Damp Hit - This Is A Test (Remix Contest)

Postby 00ccff » 23 Apr 2013 09:12

Hi everyone! A friend of mine is holding a remix contest, and anyone who is interested will be allowed to enter. The guidelines are pretty simple:
Don't do anything that would result in a lawsuit, and have fun.

As long as he doesn't think your remix is absolutely horrible, you'll be placed on the remix album. The album will be sent to a distributor, and if he makes over $150 from it, all remixers will receive a cut of the money.
The deadline is April 23rd June 15th August 5th February 22nd never.
He is encouraging anyone who is even remotely interested to check out the guidelines.

The remix stems can be downloaded here, and more information (such as submission details and more guidelines) can be found here.

EDIT: According to Damp Hit, the remix contest has turned into a "rolling release", which basically means that as long as he receives submissions, he will continue to release volumes of the remix compilation as he gets them. He said that "the second volume will be coming out this year or the next, depending on how much time I have to work on the VIP."

Volume 1 has been released, and can be found on iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, Bandcamp, and a bunch of other places.
Last edited by 00ccff on 13 Jul 2014 17:32, edited 5 times in total.
I am not a pony musician! Feel free to contact me about other remix contests, but I am not interested in anything to do with MLP.
00ccff

Re: Damp Hit - This Is A Test (Remix Contest)

Postby Ricky Denzel » 24 Apr 2013 06:13

Let me at them!
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby 00ccff » 24 Apr 2013 08:55

Metrix wrote:Let me at them!

Alright, I let him know that you are interested. We can't wait to hear your remix!
I am not a pony musician! Feel free to contact me about other remix contests, but I am not interested in anything to do with MLP.
00ccff

Postby FLAOFEI » 24 Apr 2013 09:12

Interested... Maby... Will check back when I have more time.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Nine Volt » 24 Apr 2013 13:10

Is there a midi available? i didn't check the stems but I might if one is available
Nine Volt

Postby 00ccff » 24 Apr 2013 16:47

Nine Volt wrote:Is there a midi available? i didn't check the stems but I might if one is available

Yep. The MIDI for the long/extended version of the track is included.
00ccff

Postby 00ccff » 02 Jun 2013 06:16

13 days remaining! We've received 6 remixes thus far. Keep up the good work!
00ccff

Postby Scarecrow » 02 Jun 2013 07:41

Actually, I've received waaay more than 6 submissions.

I'll get around to editing the tumblr post eventually.
You may also know me as Damp Hit, or possibly even Qiro. No, I'm not a brony. No, I'm not a hater. I'm just here for the food.
Scarecrow

Primary: REAPER

Postby Nine Volt » 02 Jun 2013 08:17

nevermind i didnt do it 3:
Last edited by Nine Volt on 12 Dec 2013 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
Nine Volt

Postby Scarecrow » 02 Jun 2013 10:04

Righteous.
You may also know me as Damp Hit, or possibly even Qiro. No, I'm not a brony. No, I'm not a hater. I'm just here for the food.
Scarecrow

Postby 00ccff » 16 Jun 2013 18:51

Hey, just to give everyone an update, Scarecrow is now in the process of judging the remixes. We have some great entries, and got such a large response that the remixes will have to be spread across two releases. ^_^
I'll keep all of you updated whenever I get more information.
Last edited by 00ccff on 17 Oct 2015 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
00ccff

Postby Scarecrow » 05 Jul 2013 07:49

Sorry about the delay in getting back to a lot of you. I've been having some problems with my PC lately, and I've been really busy. As a result, I've extended the deadline again, this time to August 5th.

I've decided to split the remix EP up into two volumes. It will be a while before it's released, as I need to complete my VIP.

Also, those of you who submitted an MP3 need to reread the submission guidelines and resubmit. I cannot accept any files with lossy encoding.
Scarecrow

Postby 00ccff » 24 Sep 2013 19:15

So, we've got a tracklist. A few musicians submitted invalid files and we'll have to hear back from them before we can add their entries to the EP, but here's what we have so far:
Volume 1 contains remixes by FourPointZero, Acid Drop, Politru, DJ Kurokit, Dirty Terrain, and Hexadigital.
Volume 2 contains remixes by Aequus, BLU3Collar, Element6, and Maity, as well as the VIP.

If you don't see your name in this listing, send an email to [email protected] and we'll get it sorted out. If you made a remix and submitted it on time, you should be on the list, so please contact me as soon as you can and we'll get you added to the EP.
Last edited by 00ccff on 05 Dec 2013 20:06, edited 2 times in total.
00ccff

Postby 00ccff » 03 Dec 2013 19:42

Volume One has been approved by our label and is set for release on December 16th unless any issues arise. Volume Two is currently on hold while the VIP is completed and the few missing tracks are sent in.
Last edited by 00ccff on 08 Dec 2013 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
00ccff

Postby Viricide Filly » 03 Dec 2013 20:11

I saw this, was gonna enter, then saw the date of the OP. God damn.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby 00ccff » 12 Dec 2013 06:51

Due to some complications with the second volume, the contest will be extended once again to February 22, 2014 in case anyone else wants to make a remix.
00ccff

Postby jokull » 27 Dec 2013 01:55

Yo, why not. This is in my queue of shit to do.
cigazze
Soundcloud
first joined 17 mar 2012. almost a decade now. wow.
jokull

Primary: live
Cutie Mark: sampling and downtempo

Postby AyaneFukumi » 09 Jan 2014 00:32

Count me in~ x3 I need to get to the comp tho
https://soundcloud.com/ayane-fukumi/santisima-virgen-maria-hardtek-for-dummies-ayane-fukumis-sick-as-balls-remix

Hey doctor I think I might be a homosexual
How can you tell?
RRAAIINBOOWS

Suiseiseki is best desu
AyaneFukumi

Primary: FL 10/11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby 00ccff » 22 Jan 2014 07:13

Only one month remains for any remix submissions!
00ccff

Postby Scarecrow » 24 Mar 2014 10:28

So, the deadline for submissions has officially passed, but the second volume isn't going to be out for a while, for a couple of reasons. I'm not going to go into that here, but if you want details feel free to contact me privately. (It's nothing bad, don't worry.)
I've already extended the deadline three(?) times now, and I'm hesitant to do it again, but don't let that stop you if you're still interested in submitting a remix. I'll continue to accept submissions for volume 2 until we send it off to our distributor. Past that point, if I continue to get submissions I might allow for a third volume, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Scarecrow

Postby 00ccff » 13 Jul 2014 17:28

Updated the original post to correspond with the current terms and such. For those unaware, you are free to continue to submit remixes and they will continue to be published every 10 remixes or so.
00ccff

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events