Current events we're participating in.

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby AJ_ » 09 Jun 2013 17:44

v.lossity wrote:
AJ_ wrote:Dose everyone want to know exactly why they didn't make the album? :|

1. listen to the tracks on R&R
2. read the genre of the tracks
3. listen to your track(s)

dose it sound or is it the same; if not, that is why your song wasn't on R&R; the judges strictly wanted the genre that Circuitfry listed; it doesn't mean your song was bad, just didn't fit in. :D

Like mines, it was a smooth - epic song, my perception of RD.

Or it could be that you weren't good enough. I mean, someone else did the same genre as I did and they made it and I didn't. Not complaining, just saying I wasn't good enough, and while perhaps some people got cut because of genre considerations, I don't think this was the majority and I think people need to realize this and let it drive them to improve.

True in most cases, i for one am going to release First Flight in my EP
DAW: Fl Studios, Ableton
VST Companies: Native Instruments, Cakewalk, Pianissimo, Waves, Celemony, Sonivox
Hardware Companies: Akai Professional, M-Audio, Beats by Dr. Dre, Harman (AKG, dbx, Lexicon, Crown, JBL Professional)

https://soundcloud.com/theofficialaj/deadmau5-strobe-aj-piano-cover

http://ponysquare.com/theofficialaj

http://youtube.com/user/AJDUBWUB

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJ/582707455087438?ref=hl
AJ_

Postby AJ_ » 09 Jun 2013 17:53

Anyone want to collaborate? i am working on a Non-brony and brony albums (yes, you will receive compensation for each song sold of our collaboration song). :D
DAW: Fl Studios, Ableton
VST Companies: Native Instruments, Cakewalk, Pianissimo, Waves, Celemony, Sonivox
Hardware Companies: Akai Professional, M-Audio, Beats by Dr. Dre, Harman (AKG, dbx, Lexicon, Crown, JBL Professional)

https://soundcloud.com/theofficialaj/deadmau5-strobe-aj-piano-cover

http://ponysquare.com/theofficialaj

http://youtube.com/user/AJDUBWUB

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJ/582707455087438?ref=hl
AJ_

Postby AJ_ » 09 Jun 2013 18:29

Anyone know where i can find a good Brony Artist (as in painting - photoshop) on deviantart; i am going to need a album art cover soon.
AJ_

Postby Interrobang Pie » 09 Jun 2013 19:58

I would like to post my opinions here also. This is a reproduction of my post on Tumblr.

I just finished listening to Rainbow and Rooted.

Overall, the album is very uninteresting. There is really nothing to say about many of the tracks - the majority of them are not bad, but they’re not good either. They just sort of… exist.

The tracks I particularly liked were “Cuteness Induced Diabetes Seizure”, “Exclusive Royal Canterlot Playset” and “No. 15”. Well done to the authors of these songs.

To the Balloon Party/Rainbow and Rooted staff - consider not setting a theme for the next album, as I have observed that many artists will stick to this theme like it is law - this inhibits the creativity of the music and every song will begin to sound like every other song. No theme would encourage the artists to create their own ideas and create a wider variety of music, and those artists that cannot make their own ideas will not bog the album down with uninteresting pieces.

Thank you.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Mundius » 09 Jun 2013 20:41

AJ_ wrote:Anyone want to collaborate? i am working on a Non-brony and brony albums (yes, you will receive compensation for each song sold of our collaboration song). :D

Oh, look, a place that says that it's great to request collaboration. Hint hint.

A lot more bronies are going to see it there.

Okay, so I missed this bandwagon. So, R&R is like the second Balloon Party but not bad? Sweet.
Mundius

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby TheAnonymousColt » 09 Jun 2013 20:44

Interrobang Pie wrote:I would like to post my opinions here also. This is a reproduction of my post on Tumblr.

Overall, the album is very uninteresting. There is really nothing to say about many of the tracks - the majority of them are not bad, but they’re not good either. They just sort of… exist.

The tracks I particularly liked were “Cuteness Induced Diabetes Seizure”, “Exclusive Royal Canterlot Playset” and “No. 15”. Well done to the authors of these songs.

To the Balloon Party/Rainbow and Rooted staff - consider not setting a theme for the next album, as I have observed that many artists will stick to this theme like it is law - this inhibits the creativity of the music and every song will begin to sound like every other song. No theme would encourage the artists to create their own ideas and create a wider variety of music, and those artists that cannot make their own ideas will not bog the album down with uninteresting pieces.

Thank you.

This would break the idea behind the albums, but the themes really don't matter too much in the first place. The supposed "Party Album" Balloon Party was was full of metal, rock, and an orgy of electronic that doesn't suit party music. If circuit is reading this: PLEASE don't have a hard theme for next year. A general theme is okay, but not one that makes it very selective.

Also, I'm giving a remix of e-Questria a shot...although remixing 8-bit songs into House/Dubstep might be challenging for me :P
DAW: Ableton Suite 8.2
VST's: Massive, Izotope Ozone 5, Edirol Orchestra, Addictive Keys, Sylenth1, Camel Crusher, Sugar Bytes WOW, Rough Rider, blah, blah blah

http://www.youtube.com/user/theanonymouscolt
http://soundcloud.com/the-anonymous-colt
TheAnonymousColt

Postby Nexgen » 09 Jun 2013 20:46

AJ_ wrote:Anyone know where i can find a good Brony Artist (as in painting - photoshop) on deviantart; i am going to need a album art cover soon.

Add awintermoose1 on Skype. Tell him I sent you. He's a great artist.
Nexgen

Postby Yoka the Changeling » 09 Jun 2013 20:46

Interrobang Pie wrote:I would like to post my opinions here also. This is a reproduction of my post on Tumblr.

Thank you.

A worthy read.
A bit suprising to hear such a critic from someone who's got onto the album, but I feel like it gives it more weight.

Not to start a debate here (it's just an opinion), but: maybe you just have different tastes. Not to say that your tastes are bad or wrong, but maybe you're seeking something different from what those albums can provide. It doesn't mean that you or an album "doing anything wrong". You just have interests that's do not meet each other.

Personally, I do think that there's a share amount of songs on both albums that aren't to my taste but overall I liked both of them and just from a production stand point - they are great. They are made by fans, most of whos don't have an access to a studio or a high quality equipment or musical producers (pointing out an obvious - good job, me) and they sounds from "good" to "amaizing". That's in and of itself is great, in my opinion.

As for "creativity inhibition" and "every song sounds like every other", I could argue that, but, as I said: Don't want to start a debate. I think ablums have enough variety but it's just my opinion. And you have a right to hold on to yours.
Yoka the Changeling

Postby itroitnyah » 09 Jun 2013 21:14

Interrobang Pie made some great points in his little opinion thingy. There were a few good songs, and the rest just sorta exist.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby StevenAD » 09 Jun 2013 22:02

Make it on the album: your song is uninteresting and doesn't really need to exist.

Don't make it on the album: oh, you just weren't good enough.

So I guess we should all just quit music forever then. I'll just go put that on my calendar and get to it when I have time.
RIP Kiki Havivy. You will be missed...
StevenAD

Postby TheAnonymousColt » 09 Jun 2013 22:32

StevenAD wrote:Make it on the album: your song is uninteresting and doesn't really need to exist.

So I guess we should all just quit music forever then. I'll just go put that on my calendar and get to it when I have time.

That's not what anyone is saying. We're saying that there was too much influence on "Theme" in the final vote for songs, and as a result, many great songs were replaced by average sounding ones. The album is fine, but it's obvious that the judges stuck way too hard to the "Fast/eccentric" genre to the point of there being not too many stand-out songs. I've listened to about half of the album on and off so far, and I can name two songs that stuck out in my head: Interrobang's and Jack!'s.
VST's: Massive, Izotope Ozone 5, Edirol Orchestra, Addictive Keys, Sylenth1, Camel Crusher, Sugar Bytes WOW, Rough Rider, blah, blah blah

TheAnonymousColt

Postby StevenAD » 09 Jun 2013 22:42

TheAnonymousColt wrote:
StevenAD wrote:Make it on the album: your song is uninteresting and doesn't really need to exist.

That's not what anyone is saying. We're saying that there was too much influence on "Theme" in the final vote for songs, and as a result, many great songs were replaced by average sounding ones. The album is fine, but it's obvious that the judges stuck way too hard to the "Fast/eccentric" genre to the point of there being not too many stand-out songs. I've listened to about half of the album on and off so far, and I can name two songs that stuck out in my head: Interrobang's and Jack!'s.

You just said it again. Do you even read what you write? lol jesus

Also, and this is just nitpicking, but "Fast/Eccentric" is not a genre.

If a theme is given for an album, how is it the judges' fault when people don't follow the theme? It's not like it wasn't clearly stated in the initial announcement that Fast and Stylish is what they wanted. I'm mostly just pissed off at the passive-aggressive insults I'm seeing everywhere by so many people. I pretty much was done with making pony music and this is just driving home my decision even further.

I'm just so tired of all this.
StevenAD

Postby Nexgen » 09 Jun 2013 23:21

StevenAD wrote:
TheAnonymousColt wrote:

If a theme is given for an album, how is it the judges' fault when people don't follow the theme? It's not like it wasn't clearly stated in the initial announcement that Fast and Stylish is what they wanted. I'm mostly just pissed off at the passive-aggressive insults I'm seeing everywhere by so many people. I pretty much was done with making pony music and this is just driving home my decision even further.

Thank you.
Nexgen

Postby MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN » 09 Jun 2013 23:27

StevenAD wrote:
TheAnonymousColt wrote:

"make a clever, subtle pony track that fits an energetic/speedy theme"

like srsly I think DatWhackProducer either didn't read that or just willfully ignored it :lol:
onlybuilt4ponylinx.tumblr.com

SADFKLJASFJ;KLFDSAJKL;VJKL;FDSJKLIJKL;'WOIJ[RWIJR
MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: A GUN, obviously

Postby bartekko » 09 Jun 2013 23:38

I'm sorry but it was clearly stated that if your song is good enough, it didn't have to be fastandstylish for it to make it to the album. It's circuitfry's fault that he only said that on tumblr though.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Interrobang Pie » 10 Jun 2013 05:16

Yes, lack of talent is a fine reason for not being included on an album. I'm sorry, but that's just how it works. That is not a reason to be discouraged, however; in fact it is a reason to try harder for the next time.

The other reason that an artist would not make it onto the album is not because their song is bad, necessarily, but because there are all ready too many songs that are similar; I believe this is the reason that many arguably good songs did not make it onto the album. But, you know what would prompt a song to go on the album? If it was interesting and different from all of the others!!

Because really, if the only reasons you believe your track will get on is because it is "pony" and "drum & bass", you're not gonna have much luck cause there are at least 20 other "pony" "drum & bass" tracks.

Perhaps if the next album implied "no restrictions" or "go wild"...
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 10 Jun 2013 05:30

Interrobang Pie wrote:

Yes, lack of talent is a fine reason for not being included on an album. I'm sorry, but that's just how it works. That is not a reason to be discouraged, however; in fact it is a reason to try harder for the next time.

The other reason that an artist would not make it onto the album is not because their song is bad, necessarily, but because there are all ready too many songs that are similar; I believe this is the reason that many arguably good songs did not make it onto the album. But, you know what would prompt a song to go on the album? If it was interesting and different from all of the others!!

Because really, if the only reasons you believe your track will get on is because it is "pony" and "drum & bass", you're not gonna have much luck cause there are at least 20 other "pony" "drum & bass" tracks.

Perhaps if the next album implied "no restrictions" or "go wild"...

Actually, a freestyle album would be pretty awesome.

I actually scrapped my entry because the theme was too damn constraining for me to really be creative with. Not everyone is good at following a theme, judging based on that is kinda unfair on those people. I know it also put a lot of pressure on me.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby GumsOfGabby » 10 Jun 2013 06:37

So Circuitfry had posted on his Tumblr that he'd give out feedback/notes left on the tracks by the judges, upon request. So far he's only answered 1 or 2 musicians. I've tried contacting him through Skype and Tumblr to no answer. I realise that he's probably very busy right now having just released an album 8 months in the making, but he seems to still be posting actively on Tumblr.

I'm not trying to spur an argument here, I just want to know how my track was received and if there are any notes on the list of submissions regarding my track, I'd be very interested to hear them.

Anyone had any luck trying to contact him?
Youtube | Soundcloud

FL/Massive noob

Need a bit of feedback? Don't be shy to send me a PM along with your sample.
GumsOfGabby

Postby Tasorrog » 10 Jun 2013 06:45

GumsOfGabby wrote:So Circuitfry had posted on his Tumblr that he'd give out feedback/notes left on the tracks by the judges, upon request. So far he's only answered 1 or 2 musicians. I've tried contacting him through Skype and Tumblr to no answer. I realise that he's probably very busy right now having just released an album 8 months in the making, but he seems to still be posting actively on Tumblr.

I'm not trying to spur an argument here, I just want to know how my track was received and if there are any notes on the list of submissions regarding my track, I'd be very interested to hear them.

Anyone had any luck trying to contact him?

There is always time to reblog random gifs ;)
Tasorrog

Primary: Fl Studio

Postby TheAnonymousColt » 10 Jun 2013 13:03

StevenAD wrote:
TheAnonymousColt wrote:

You sound pissed off simply from the fact that you didn't like what people were saying about the album. Not everyone is supposed to like everything they here in it. What I was saying is a lot of good artists were rejected because they bent the rules a little too much. It's perfectly fine to have an album with a certain style and genre, but when it's a giant collab album with almost no flexability, a lot of artists feel unwelcomed. The judging was different from balloon party, which possibly threw off everyone. Balloon Party was judged based on the theme, but was a lot looser (i.e. why we saw so much metal/hard rock/etc on the album).

There were plenty of songs that were good on the album. There were plenty of good songs not on the album. However, I feel that the judging for what belonged on the album was not based enough on what fits + how good it was, but rather, just what fits the best. I'm not saying I hate the outcome of it or anything. The judges did the best they could, circuit pulled it off almost flawlessly, and everyone is mostly happy.

tl;dr - Don't have a pissy fit because a few people didn't like the songs on the album. Everyone had a fair chance, the judges took an alternate point on judging from the previous year, and everything turned out fine. No need to create the stereotypical tone of "I'm leaving the fandom and all my projects because X happened".

TheAnonymousColt

Postby Freewave » 10 Jun 2013 14:24

It is what it is. Cfry worked his ass off on this (and likely will in the next couple of months with working the funding) but really could have coordinated and communicated this better (mlr is a much better place to communicate deadlines and extensions of a community wide project than a personal tumblr). If you get a batch of people judging and 250+ entries you will get a lot of tracks that get passed over and people who feel butthurt. I need to give this album more of a thorough listen but as others said a lot of the songs are modern and semi-professional but are just good (not great), aren't "fully" professional sounding, and not very interesting in my book. I don't wanna judge the album as a whole until I've heard it as a whole. I've already heard far too much on mixing being the main and most important measuring stick on this album and in making music in this community. In the end any album this big will have tracks that stand out more than others and ones that don't do much for you.

I will say it does depress me when people make songs that don't reflect what our community does. I like to get a character context, an episode or scene reference, and some sort of emotional meaning, something to relate to. Didn't get a lot of that on this album so far. When you cut up show vocals the words you use often should mean something in the context of the song. Having a cool edm track with non sensible rdash samples is sort of approaching it but it doesn't try that hard or to paint a picture of something in particular (to me). Context is just essential to a brony song to me as so many people don't see that as that important.

I've been seeing a lot of brony music that's afraid to say its written about mlp and this is a big part of the problem. It's like a self-conscious high school brony who's afraid to admit he's a fan or wants to show off his music to non-bronies but in a way that will erase the chance of being found out. :shock: I'd hope you would not be embarrassed to say you're a brony in this day and age and with a fanbase that will like your music if it is about mlp. You'll certainly feel out of place at bronycon then if you're that self-conscious still (and that's the whole point of this event really). If you don't wanna make music about ponies or wanna ragequit when drama or disagreements occur then don't feel you have to hang out here. There's no gun to anyone's head. You should still get some enjoyment in being in this community and making music within it even if it is less then perfect or ideal. I don't know many people who feel it is flawless.
Last edited by Freewave on 10 Jun 2013 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby AJ_ » 10 Jun 2013 14:38

Nexgen wrote:
AJ_ wrote:Anyone know where i can find a good Brony Artist (as in painting - photoshop) on deviantart; i am going to need a album art cover soon.

Add awintermoose1 on Skype. Tell him I sent you. He's a great artist.

Thanks
AJ_

Postby TheAnonymousColt » 10 Jun 2013 15:20

Freewave wrote:It is what it is. Cfry worked his ass off on this (and likely will in the next couple of months with working the funding) but really could have coordinated and communicated this better (mlr is a much better place to communicate deadlines and extensions of a community wide project than a personal tumblr). If you get a batch of people judging and 250+ entries you will get a lot of tracks that get passed over and people who feel butthurt. I need to give this album more of a thorough listen but as others said a lot of the songs are modern and semi-professional but are just good (not great), aren't "fully" professional sounding, and not very interesting in my book. I don't wanna judge the album as a whole until I've heard it as a whole. I've already heard far too much on mixing being the main and most important measuring stick on this album and in making music in this community. In the end any album this big will have tracks that stand out more than others and ones that don't do much for you.

I will say it does depress me when people make songs that don't reflect what our community does. I like to get a character context, an episode or scene reference, and some sort of emotional meaning, something to relate to. Didn't get a lot of that on this album so far. When you cut up show vocals the words you use often should mean something in the context of the song. Having a cool edm track with non sensible rdash samples is sort of approaching it but it doesn't try that hard or to paint a picture of something in particular (to me). Context is just essential to a brony song to me as so many people don't see that as that important.

I've been seeing a lot of brony music that's afraid to say its written about mlp and this is a big part of the problem. It's like a self-conscious high school brony who's afraid to admit he's a fan or wants to show off his music to non-bronies but in a way that will erase the chance of being found out. :shock: I'd hope you would not be embarrassed to say you're a brony in this day and age and with a fanbase that will like your music if it is about mlp. You'll certainly feel out of place at bronycon then if you're that self-conscious still (and that's the whole point of this event really). If you don't wanna make music about ponies or wanna ragequit when drama or disagreements occur then don't feel you have to hang out here. There's no gun to anyone's head. You should still get some enjoyment in being in this community and making music within it even if it is less then perfect or ideal. I don't know many people who feel it is flawless.

I loved this album, and I think Circuit did an amazing job that, while slightly flawed, still turned out great. Nothing is 100% perfect, and it saddens me that people are making a big deal about not getting in or they're complaining about the album.

And I tend to downplay the pony portion of my music a lot simply because I lack creativity :P I find it easier to just glitch some vocal samples a lot instead of trying to form a lyrical masterpiece. I know it's lazy of me to do it that way, but I feel like part of the problem is there's laziness and self-consciousness. Just my two cents on the topic

TheAnonymousColt

Postby StevenAD » 10 Jun 2013 18:52

TheAnonymousColt wrote:You sound pissed off simply from the fact that you didn't like what people were saying about the album. Not everyone is supposed to like everything they here in it. What I was saying is a lot of good artists were rejected because they bent the rules a little too much. It's perfectly fine to have an album with a certain style and genre, but when it's a giant collab album with almost no flexability, a lot of artists feel unwelcomed. The judging was different from balloon party, which possibly threw off everyone. Balloon Party was judged based on the theme, but was a lot looser (i.e. why we saw so much metal/hard rock/etc on the album).

There were plenty of songs that were good on the album. There were plenty of good songs not on the album. However, I feel that the judging for what belonged on the album was not based enough on what fits + how good it was, but rather, just what fits the best. I'm not saying I hate the outcome of it or anything. The judges did the best they could, circuit pulled it off almost flawlessly, and everyone is mostly happy.

tl;dr - Don't have a pissy fit because a few people didn't like the songs on the album. Everyone had a fair chance, the judges took an alternate point on judging from the previous year, and everything turned out fine. No need to create the stereotypical tone of "I'm leaving the fandom and all my projects because X happened".

Yes, I am pissed off about what some people are saying about the album. It's not exactly a good feeling working so hard, achieving a goal, and then having people immediately dismiss you. I'm proud of my song, but jesus.

I'm not complaining about the judging or about Circuitfry. I imagine they worked harder than most of us did hahaha

I think I am talking about something completely different than what you are, so I will just see myself out haha

Freewave wrote:I've been seeing a lot of brony music that's afraid to say its written about mlp and this is a big part of the problem. It's like a self-conscious high school brony who's afraid to admit he's a fan or wants to show off his music to non-bronies but in a way that will erase the chance of being found out. :shock: I'd hope you would not be embarrassed to say you're a brony in this day and age and with a fanbase that will like your music if it is about mlp. You'll certainly feel out of place at bronycon then if you're that self-conscious still (and that's the whole point of this event really). If you don't wanna make music about ponies or wanna ragequit when drama or disagreements occur then don't feel you have to hang out here. There's no gun to anyone's head. You should still get some enjoyment in being in this community and making music within it even if it is less then perfect or ideal. I don't know many people who feel it is flawless.

My problem with making music based on pop culture (and this is the main reason why I'm stepping away from it) is that it gives your music an inherent shelf-life. As soon as MLP is irrelevant, so is what you've created. I may come across as pompous or whatever, but I want to try to make my work stand the test of time, and also make it stand on its own merits.

Even so, if I say something of mine is pony, it is. Even if it's not completely apparent. My track on R&R is meant to be enjoyable by anyone, even if they have no idea what MLP is. Because I want to have a message in there more than just "PONIES YAY" and "OMG DANCE LOUDER"

That's just me, but maybe some of these people aren't afraid of associating with ponies, but just want more people to be able to enjoy the music regardless of what they watch etc.
StevenAD

Postby TheAnonymousColt » 10 Jun 2013 19:13

StevenAD wrote:
TheAnonymousColt wrote:You sound pissed off simply from the fact that you didn't like what people were saying about the album. Not everyone is supposed to like everything they here in it. What I was saying is a lot of good artists were rejected because they bent the rules a little too much. It's perfectly fine to have an album with a certain style and genre, but when it's a giant collab album with almost no flexability, a lot of artists feel unwelcomed. The judging was different from balloon party, which possibly threw off everyone. Balloon Party was judged based on the theme, but was a lot looser (i.e. why we saw so much metal/hard rock/etc on the album).

Yes, I am pissed off about what some people are saying about the album. It's not exactly a good feeling working so hard, achieving a goal, and then having people immediately dismiss you. I'm proud of my song, but jesus.

I'm not complaining about the judging or about Circuitfry. I imagine they worked harder than most of us did hahaha

I think I am talking about something completely different than what you are, so I will just see myself out haha

Freewave wrote:I've been seeing a lot of brony music that's afraid to say its written about mlp and this is a big part of the problem. It's like a self-conscious high school brony who's afraid to admit he's a fan or wants to show off his music to non-bronies but in a way that will erase the chance of being found out. :shock: I'd hope you would not be embarrassed to say you're a brony in this day and age and with a fanbase that will like your music if it is about mlp. You'll certainly feel out of place at bronycon then if you're that self-conscious still (and that's the whole point of this event really). If you don't wanna make music about ponies or wanna ragequit when drama or disagreements occur then don't feel you have to hang out here. There's no gun to anyone's head. You should still get some enjoyment in being in this community and making music within it even if it is less then perfect or ideal. I don't know many people who feel it is flawless.

My problem with making music based on pop culture (and this is the main reason why I'm stepping away from it) is that it gives your music an inherent shelf-life. As soon as MLP is irrelevant, so is what you've created. I may come across as pompous or whatever, but I want to try to make my work stand the test of time, and also make it stand on its own merits.

Even so, if I say something of mine is pony, it is. Even if it's not completely apparent. My track on R&R is meant to be enjoyable by anyone, even if they have no idea what MLP is. Because I want to have a message in there more than just "PONIES YAY" and "OMG DANCE LOUDER"

That's just me, but maybe some of these people aren't afraid of associating with ponies, but just want more people to be able to enjoy the music regardless of what they watch etc.

You bring up a lot of good points, but you have to remember one thing if you ever want to further pursue your music: It's gonna sound like shit to at least one other person. There is nothing in the world that everyone likes. The people that love this album far outnumber those blatantly dissing on it, so you need to be more positive and accept things for what they are, not what you instantly see.

And as far as relevance goes, if we want to stay musicians, we'll have to branch out of MLP eventually. MLP will not last forever, and I can guarantee after it's end, no one will remember people like Mandopony, Omnipony, Glaze, etc. unless they branch out. Alex S recently stopped making pony music because he realized this and wants to branch out before it all comes crashing down. In a sense, everyone's impact in the fandom is a ticking time-bomb. When it goes off, some will fade into obscurity unless they do something about it.

TheAnonymousColt

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events