Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Current events we're participating in.

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Glitchhog » 25 Feb 2013 10:19

Here's my WIP started tonight. Still needs a hell of a lot of work, but I've got the layout in mind at least. I'll likely snag Replacer for vocal duty.

https://soundcloud.com/strobeedm/vascular-rainbow-4032-2
Australian-based Electrohouse producer. Check out my YouTube or SoundCloud for music, or help me out by donating.
Glitchhog

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electrohouse

Postby Stakeout Punch » 25 Feb 2013 17:56

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know if I should bother with this, there is too much awesome in the pool already.
All the instruments were made from speech from the show. I don't know what the technique I used is called (I'm sure it has a name), but here's a picture of the sampler:
https://soundcloud.com/evanhroberts/rrthing/s-KxUjJ
I rarely visit anymore. Also known as ZeoHeart and Xeno.
https://soundcloud.com/stakeoutpunch/sets/adios-ep
Stakeout Punch

Primary: FL 12 XXL
Cutie Mark: Banhammer

Postby Random111223 » 25 Feb 2013 19:26

stakeout poni wrote:I don't know what the technique I used is called (I'm sure it has a name)

It's called granular synthesis

I'd love to get my hands on a granulizer with visualization as Fruity Granulizer doesn't have this :( , is that available as a 3rd party VST anywhere? Anyone know a granulizer with visualization?
Random111223

Postby Retrotype » 25 Feb 2013 19:29

whats the deadline i wanna get in on this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/RetrotypeOfficial?feature=mhee[/youtube]
Retrotype

Postby Alycs » 25 Feb 2013 19:41

Its in the video in the first post. You have about 80 days.
@Random: He's using LMMS as his DAW, it in itself is a free application; this comes with it. However, if you want a free granular synth, it looks like this has a visual.

@stakeout: Another thing I would suggest if you're going with the whole "sample-only" track: Route both an unedited AFP track and a normal track with some notes to the same controller, then apply the "mda Talkbox" effect to that controller and adjusting the panning. It make the vocals follow along the notes as if it was using a talkbox. Really cool effect.

---
I'll upload my WIP to youtube soon; I'm thinking of adding vocals to it to make it more varied, but am working on lyrics.

On the other hand, I have the song art sort-of done, and I'm thinking of doing a basic flash animation at the beginning of the video.
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Wisp » 25 Feb 2013 19:54

Quick question (not sure if it's already been answered, but I don't think so)
So, I'm making a song for this album, and I'm wondering if the song has to be fast paced (like 170 bpm) or can it be a slow kind of song (like 128 or 130 bpm). I ask this because I want to make a house song, but I'm not sure if that's ok.
I just don't want to make an epic song and then not be able to use it :\
Wisp

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: House, chill, dnb

Postby Nine Volt » 25 Feb 2013 20:09

Any song is accepted so long as it's good enough.
Nine Volt

Postby PhonyBrony » 25 Feb 2013 20:24

Maybe we should set up a FAQ in the first post?
PhonyBrony

Postby Alycs » 25 Feb 2013 20:26

The video literally answers 95% of the questions asked, the problem is most of the people asking questions haven't watched the video.
Alycs

Postby Wisp » 25 Feb 2013 20:37

I watched the video, but I was just wondering if the song had to be fast paced since it's an album about Rainbow Dash and in the post it says the song's theme should be speedy. But I looked back at some of the WIPs and teasers and it seems like that answered my question.
Thanks for the answer though :D
Wisp

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: House, chill, dnb

Postby itroitnyah » 25 Feb 2013 20:42

Retrotype wrote:whats the deadline i wanna get in on this
Chaomoon wrote:Quick question (not sure if it's already been answered, but I don't think so)
So, I'm making a song for this album, and I'm wondering if the song has to be fast paced (like 170 bpm) or can it be a slow kind of song (like 128 or 130 bpm). I ask this because I want to make a house song, but I'm not sure if that's ok.

People are seriously still asking these questions?

On another note, I will repost my same comment on every single new page that appears, should the need come. And by the looks of it, it definitely will be required. So:

So did anybody here actually watch the video that Circuitfry put up, or did Circuitfry just do a bad job of explaining things? Half the replies here are all asking the same question. Go back and read the main post. If you can't find the answer there, or if the question is one that you cannot assume (such as "By chance that I get in, can I just get the money that would have been spent on my plane tickets and hotel instead to buy new hardware or such?"), then you can ask it. But if it is one that you can find in the original post or by reading through a few pages into this post, then it'd be appreciated if you did not ask it.

Where do you submit songs? Right here.

Can you still submit a song? Yes, the contest ends May 21st 2013, if it is any time before that, I guarantee you can still submit a song

Can I submit x genre? Yes, any genre is acceptable

Can I join? No, we're going through exclusive measures to make sure that you cannot join.

And since a new question has been asked... What speed does the song have to be? Does it need to be a certain mood? No, just make a song, any song type, mood or genre, and submit it before May 21st.
Last edited by itroitnyah on 26 Feb 2013 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Retrotype » 26 Feb 2013 09:12

itroitnyah wrote:
Retrotype wrote:whats the deadline i wanna get in on this
Chaomoon wrote:Quick question (not sure if it's already been answered, but I don't think so)

People are seriously still asking these questions?

On another note, I will repost my same comment on every single new page that appears, should the need come. And by the looks of it, it definitely will be required. So:

So did anybody here actually watch the video that Circuitfry put up, or did Circuitfry just do a bad job of explaining things? Half the replies here are all asking the same question. Go back and read the main post. If you can't find the answer there, or if the question is one that you cannot assume (such as "By chance that I get in, can I just get the money that would have been spent on my plane tickets and hotel instead to buy new hardware or such?"), then you can ask it. But if it is one that you can find in the original post or by reading through a few pages into this post, then it'd be appreciated if you did not ask it.

Where do you submit songs? Right here.

Can you still submit a song? Yes, the contest ends May 21st 2013, if it is any time before that, I guarantee you can still submit a song

Can I submit x genre? Yes, any genre is acceptable

Can I join? No, we're going through exclusive measures to make sure that you cannot join.

And since a new question has been asked... What speed does the song have to be? Does it need to be a certain mood? No, just make a song, and song type, mood or genre, and submit it before May 21st.

thnx and sry i asked, im a dumbass
Retrotype

Postby Alycs » 26 Feb 2013 12:38

Its okay; its just that so many people have asked that I think itroitnyah kinda lost it.

Also, this is more-or-less what I'm going to use for my the instrumental for my song. I'm still doing some mixing (the bass is getting really annoying to get in right) and I'm going to add vocals once this is done.

https://soundcloud.com/alycs/rainbow-and-rooted-wip
((Okay soundcloud is being problematic and taking its sweet time with transcoding please hold))
Alycs

Postby Nine Volt » 26 Feb 2013 13:40

How about we all stop answering these reposted questions and see how long it takes for people to figure out the answers by themselves?

My bet's on about 5 minutes, tops.
Nine Volt

Postby MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN » 27 Feb 2013 14:06

am i allowed to submit electro-house? what's the deadline? can i join? is there a MLR thread where we can discuss the album, post WIPs, and look for collab partners? what's the name of the album?

lol okay, okay i'll stop
onlybuilt4ponylinx.tumblr.com

SADFKLJASFJ;KLFDSAJKL;VJKL;FDSJKLIJKL;'WOIJ[RWIJR
MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: A GUN, obviously

Postby Alycs » 27 Feb 2013 15:35

I thought for a second there you were trying to get yourself lynched.

Also, I was wondering whether I could make a kind of "starter video" for this entire thing. I found a number of amazing free-source video loops and am playing around with Sony Vegas, and was thinking of making a music-video/information thing. I'll post the details if anyone's interested.
Alycs

Postby itroitnyah » 27 Feb 2013 15:40

Hm, I think that Circuitfry's video he made was plenty informational, but I'm sure he won't stop you, and maybe he'll even feature the video as an official informal video for the event, lol
itroitnyah

Postby Alycs » 27 Feb 2013 20:47

Well, not so much "info", but kinda presentation. Like a list of the people in it, a few feature artists, tell who's hosting it "MLR and Circuitfry", tell how its a sequel to balloon party, just stuff like that. Overall maybe 0:45 seconds to 1:30. I have some background music worked out for it and I'm putting together some of the video
Alycs

Postby itroitnyah » 27 Feb 2013 20:51

Oh, alright. Sounds good to me. Make it and see if Circuity and so like it, and upload it anyways
itroitnyah

Postby MaЯIuB » 28 Feb 2013 08:10

Maybe someone has asked this question before, but I want to hear someone confirm that you can submit two songs. I saw the absence of non-electronic music here and had to make an extra song to give you a taste of my abilities to make progressive music. Therefore, I have two songs on the way, a prog rock / metal song and a dubstep / DNB song. The first (Rock) sounds already incredibly epic, although I've just started the beginning. Youtube under is WIP of the prog song...

I hope you like what you hear, but I have no idea if it's the best "fast and stylish"-themed music it is possible to create. But I had a great desire to make some prog so I did it. Who else has made ​​non-electronic music?
MaЯIuB

Postby Alycs » 28 Feb 2013 08:12

In the original Balloon Party, there were numerous artists that made multiple songs, so I can only assume it is okay here.
Alycs

Postby MaЯIuB » 28 Feb 2013 08:27

Alycs wrote:In the original Balloon Party, there were numerous artists that made multiple songs, so I can only assume it is okay here.

I hope so. But when first it's time to submit the songs, how to add more than one?
I still have some trouble to understand the system, as you can see I'm pretty new here on the forum. :ugeek:
MaЯIuB

Postby itroitnyah » 28 Feb 2013 15:07

Just go to the event list and down at the bottom there's a submit button still there.
itroitnyah

Postby Alycs » 28 Feb 2013 20:07

Here's the rough version of what I'm doing for the video (its "really" unfinished, and glitchy (I really have no idea what happened)) The little annotations were added in WMM, so thats why the are weird.

So, here is the result of dicking around with Sony Vegas for a few hours.
Alycs

Postby itroitnyah » 28 Feb 2013 20:17

Lol, alrighty then. Maybe some music to go along with the effects? xD
itroitnyah