Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Current events we're participating in.

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby ExoBassTix » 08 Jun 2013 15:13

Heh. Congratz everybody that got on.
I must say though, the Silva Hound track ... Naw I'm gonna spare me the shitstorm.

For if you're interested somehow, here is mine:
https://soundcloud.com/exobasstix/final-night-nightmare-night-remix

And I must say, I couldn't be happier: DAVE! MADE IT ON! YES!
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby SpicyHax » 08 Jun 2013 15:23

ExoBassTix wrote:I must say though, the Silva Hound track

I wasn't a big fan of it. But it was such a good song from BP. so I don't mind as of much.
shoo be doo shoo
[I'm Insanely famous so you should know my music links.]
SpicyHax

Primary: FML Studio
Cutie Mark: Cherries

Postby Belgerum » 08 Jun 2013 15:28

Welp. I was so expecting I wouldn't make it onto this album. Why do I feel so bummed then? huh.

Anyway, here were my tracks, for anyone who's actually going through this thread and listening to all the failures. But I have no idea who would do that anyway, since my stuff, at least, is pure crap.

Belgerum: Musician, organizer of the "Lesser Knowns" albums, and total weirdo.

Youtube - Skype
Belgerum

Primary: Reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: Muthaf***ing Rainbows

Postby Tasorrog » 08 Jun 2013 15:44

Challa wrote:Good job everyone that made it on! Enjoying a lot of the tracks so far.
I was really expecting to make it as well, shouldn't get my hopes that high next time. Here's my rejected entry if anyone cares. Probably not fast enough, but definitely stylish:

Lol can't understand why this one didn't make it, you must have been like nr 55-60.

To bad there might not be a "after party"

Rainbows & Rejected shall we make it happen if there won't be any "after part"? ; D
Tasorrog

Primary: Fl Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Retrotype » 08 Jun 2013 16:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IoezqfxiE
just cuz every1 else is putting up their entries. except i can see y i didnt make it
Retrotype

Postby TheAnonymousColt » 08 Jun 2013 16:18

Please do me a favor guys...stop labeling your tracks "Rejected Rainbow and Rooted"...name them "Too awesome for Rainbow and Rooted"
DAW: Ableton Suite 8.2
VST's: Massive, Izotope Ozone 5, Edirol Orchestra, Addictive Keys, Sylenth1, Camel Crusher, Sugar Bytes WOW, Rough Rider, blah, blah blah

http://www.youtube.com/user/theanonymouscolt
http://soundcloud.com/the-anonymous-colt
TheAnonymousColt

Postby Tremil » 08 Jun 2013 16:30

TheAnonymousColt wrote:Please do me a favor guys...stop labeling your tracks "Rejected Rainbow and Rooted"...name them "Too awesome for Rainbow and Rooted"

Or just not have them connected with RnR in any way besides in the info or something saying it was originally an entry.... i mean it is possible to be mature about it.
Tremil

Postby Majora MIM » 08 Jun 2013 16:38

I'm quite surprised some tracks didn't make it like Varia's and Lavender's.
I don't think the RD/speed/style is that much respected but well, it's still a really good album.

I'll listen to all of the entries when I'll have enough time, cause I'm sure there is more really good stuff that didn't make it.

Oh, and Varia's Cyclonic ftw! Best track so far! ;)

Keep up the good work, guys! /)
Majora MIM

Postby DXsmiley » 08 Jun 2013 17:02

I'd like an explanation as to why I failed.
Though maybe when I listen to the full album I'll understand.
DXsmiley

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Filtered Arpeggios

Postby Lying Pink » 08 Jun 2013 17:18

DXsmiley wrote:I'd like an explanation as to why I failed.
If there was any feedback/comments from the judges on your track, Circuitfry can give you a copy of them. Drop him a message.
Fnord.
Soundcloud | Tumblr | Skype | YouTube | Email
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: Knees

Postby Genkar » 08 Jun 2013 17:26

A bit late to the link party, but oh well.

Percussionist - Electronic Musician In Training
Soundcloud/Youtube/Tumblr
Genkar

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Viricide Filly » 08 Jun 2013 17:28

In my opinion, some of the more rock tracks were EXTREMELY boring. Then again I'm only at track 18 :P
Made Up Your Mind is the best so far.

I did actually have half a track for this that I started a while ago, but it was on my computer which isn't here right now. When it comes back I might post a mediafire link to the unfinished projects I had :P
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN » 08 Jun 2013 17:40

me listening to DatWhackProducer - Old Mixtapes for the first time:

Man, this album is fucking amazing as far as I'm concerned. Its everything BP wasn't. The diversity is amazing. Chiptune? Ska? Lo-fi chillout hiphop? For real, my nigga? I didn't know that was allowed! Why the fuck was I trying to "fit in" instead of doing what I do best and like to do, lesson learned hardway. .______.

[7:22:37 PM] Resonant Waves: AWW i woulda made somthing
[7:22:43 PM] Resonant Waves: we coulda made something O_O
[7:22:59 PM] Resonant Waves: people told me its only EDM :/

OH GOD I CAN'T EVEN- *runs away crying*

[19:18:30] <@Supersaw_Hoover> if R&R was BP a year ago, Pinkamena Party wouldn'thave existed
[19:18:35] <@Supersaw_Hoover> or something.
onlybuilt4ponylinx.tumblr.com

SADFKLJASFJ;KLFDSAJKL;VJKL;FDSJKLIJKL;'WOIJ[RWIJR
MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: A GUN, obviously

Postby Lying Pink » 08 Jun 2013 17:48

MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN wrote:things
I agree
There's gonna be (and are) lots of people criticising the album based on it not being like BP, but I'm with you in that the diversity of it makes this album a lot more fun. I'm gonna be relistening to most of the tracks on this several times over before I can even really work out which ones are my favourites
Fnord.
Soundcloud | Tumblr | Skype | YouTube | Email
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: Knees

Postby Viricide Filly » 08 Jun 2013 17:52

Well, I listened past all the terrible rock and it got much better again. StevenAD's song is glorious. Expectations raised again.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN » 08 Jun 2013 18:09

haha i'm full of crap, i'm really just happy because all my friends made it this time
onlybuilt4ponylinx.tumblr.com

SADFKLJASFJ;KLFDSAJKL;VJKL;FDSJKLIJKL;'WOIJ[RWIJR
MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: A GUN, obviously

Postby PinkieGuy » 08 Jun 2013 18:36

Just going to chime in here, especially about the people complaining about certain artists not getting on. Challa is a great example.

The judging process involved several judges giving ratings out of 5, independent of each other. This was aggregated into a percentile number. Those numbers were then vote on by judges with a clear majority getting on the album. Unfortunately, there were a tonne of songs that we loved that didn't get included because of numbers, or because we felt another track just rivalled it. As an example, I know that I voted "YES GOOD" on roughly 70 tracks. Those were the tracks I would have happily had on the album. I think Challa's track was one that had a flat 50/50 split in terms of "for/against" in the end.

Now, I'm not saying this is a perfect album, but we can't please everyone. And we had very little time to make a lot of tough choices. I got to the listening stage late, but still managed to go through over 100 songs of judging in one day, listening through and assessing each one. Do you know how hard it is to ACTIVELY listen to 100 songs without getting listening fatigue? :P I'm not saying this excuses any poor judging (not that I think there was any), but we made decisions about what got on based on a variety of factors. Some songs were amazing if they stood alone, but sounded exactly like 6 other amazing songs that had been submitted. Homogeneity was the track killer.

Can I just say as well, the standard of production this year just blew me away. There was SO much amazing music in terms of production. There was one song that we didn't include due to too much repetition and no structural development, but I'm not joking: I would run it in a club, and the lead line was stuck in my head for half an hour.

TL;DR: I stand by this album. Judging was hard, but fair. Don't complain, you're all magical.
PinkieGuy

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Bronytastic » 08 Jun 2013 19:17

Seeing as I just started making music in October and haven't had the time to spend too much of it on making music, it is no wonder I didn't make it, but hey, I'm still proud of my work.

Every one of us, even if we didn't make it, we certainly have learned something new, haven't we?

And as everyone drops their RJ-tracks in here, I'll be following your lead. Feedback is very much appreciated. ^.^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz8f9GWo8XE

And thanks, for everybody who made this thing possible. ^.^
Actually, my artist name is Torrent Sky...
MLR, Y U not have the ability to change names...

http://www.youtube.com/user/BronyTasticMusic
Bronytastic

Postby AJ_ » 08 Jun 2013 19:31

Didn't make the album :( ... oh well this song will be in my debut album then. :D
DAW: Fl Studios, Ableton
VST Companies: Native Instruments, Cakewalk, Pianissimo, Waves, Celemony, Sonivox
Hardware Companies: Akai Professional, M-Audio, Beats by Dr. Dre, Harman (AKG, dbx, Lexicon, Crown, JBL Professional)

https://soundcloud.com/theofficialaj/deadmau5-strobe-aj-piano-cover

http://ponysquare.com/theofficialaj

http://youtube.com/user/AJDUBWUB

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJ/582707455087438?ref=hl
AJ_

Postby Nexgen » 08 Jun 2013 19:34

MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN wrote:me listening to DatWhackProducer - Old Mixtapes for the first time:

Man, this album is fucking amazing as far as I'm concerned. Its everything BP wasn't. The diversity is amazing. Chiptune? Ska? Lo-fi chillout hiphop? For real, my nigga? I didn't know that was allowed! Why the fuck was I trying to "fit in" instead of doing what I do best and like to do, lesson learned hardway. .______.

[7:22:37 PM] Resonant Waves: AWW i woulda made somthing
[7:22:43 PM] Resonant Waves: we coulda made something O_O
[7:22:59 PM] Resonant Waves: people told me its only EDM :/

OH GOD I CAN'T EVEN- *runs away crying*

[19:18:30] <@Supersaw_Hoover> if R&R was BP a year ago, Pinkamena Party wouldn'thave existed
[19:18:35] <@Supersaw_Hoover> or something.

MCMG submitted something and I didn't know? I'm ashamed of myself. ._.
Nexgen

Postby Belgerum » 08 Jun 2013 19:46

Lying Pink wrote:If there was any feedback/comments from the judges on your track, Circuitfry can give you a copy of them. Drop him a message.

Is this for real? Is there some big document that lists the reasons why tracks were rejected or accepted? Is it possible to just make this public somewhere so we all can see it?
Belgerum: Musician, organizer of the "Lesser Knowns" albums, and total weirdo.

Youtube - Skype
Belgerum

Primary: Reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: Muthaf***ing Rainbows

Postby vladnuke » 08 Jun 2013 20:10

I'm pretty happy right now actually. I remember when I submitted a track to Balloon Party back last year. That was a pile of shit. But today, I feel pretty happy.
vladnuke

Postby DJ Skrudge » 08 Jun 2013 20:20

Is there an email address or something we can send requests to? I don't have Tumblr and I don't know whether Circuit checks his PMs :/
I worship Fluttershy.
DJ Skrudge

Postby TheAnonymousColt » 08 Jun 2013 21:03

PinkieGuy wrote:Just going to chime in here, especially about the people complaining about certain artists not getting on. Challa is a great example.

The judging process involved several judges giving ratings out of 5, independent of each other. This was aggregated into a percentile number. Those numbers were then vote on by judges with a clear majority getting on the album. Unfortunately, there were a tonne of songs that we loved that didn't get included because of numbers, or because we felt another track just rivalled it. As an example, I know that I voted "YES GOOD" on roughly 70 tracks. Those were the tracks I would have happily had on the album. I think Challa's track was one that had a flat 50/50 split in terms of "for/against" in the end.

Now, I'm not saying this is a perfect album, but we can't please everyone. And we had very little time to make a lot of tough choices. I got to the listening stage late, but still managed to go through over 100 songs of judging in one day, listening through and assessing each one. Do you know how hard it is to ACTIVELY listen to 100 songs without getting listening fatigue? :P I'm not saying this excuses any poor judging (not that I think there was any), but we made decisions about what got on based on a variety of factors. Some songs were amazing if they stood alone, but sounded exactly like 6 other amazing songs that had been submitted. Homogeneity was the track killer.

Can I just say as well, the standard of production this year just blew me away. There was SO much amazing music in terms of production. There was one song that we didn't include due to too much repetition and no structural development, but I'm not joking: I would run it in a club, and the lead line was stuck in my head for half an hour.

TL;DR: I stand by this album. Judging was hard, but fair. Don't complain, you're all magical.

Imagine next year's album...I feel that i'm already 2x better than when I finished my R&R track, so I can't wait for next year's album.
DAW: Ableton Suite 8.2
VST's: Massive, Izotope Ozone 5, Edirol Orchestra, Addictive Keys, Sylenth1, Camel Crusher, Sugar Bytes WOW, Rough Rider, blah, blah blah

http://www.youtube.com/user/theanonymouscolt
http://soundcloud.com/the-anonymous-colt
TheAnonymousColt

Postby Jokeblue » 08 Jun 2013 21:07

At least I can finally show all my friends what I've been working on now that its over. Kinda annoying saying "yeah I wrote this song but you can't hear it for another week" all the time. Though I might keep the YouTube vid as unlisted incase there's a Rainbow Unrooted thing. Same thing I figured with this album, always worth a shot
Last edited by Jokeblue on 08 Jun 2013 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events