Pony Sonata Challenge Album!

Current events we're participating in.

Pony Sonata Challenge Album!

Postby WavesOfParadox » 11 Nov 2012 14:17

Greetings, the goal of this is to make a pony-related piece of music using sonata form! After all, who doesn't like sonatas?

"But Waves, I don't know what a sonata is!"

That's just fine! The point of this is for brony musicians to learn this form (or simply practice it if you already know what sonata form is) while still keeping it nice and pony. I would start by simply looking it up on Wikipedia, then asking me if you need help!

"But Waves, I've never made classical music before!"

It doesn't have to be classical music! I will accept any genre at all!

If you are interested, respond to this thread and/or add me on Skype!
Skype name: wavesofparadox

Does a deadline of January 20th sound okay?
YouTube
SoundCloud

Haiti Charity Album
Haiti Charity Album

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals."
-Igor Stravinsky
WavesOfParadox

Re: Pony Sonata Challenge Album!

Postby Navron » 11 Nov 2012 15:15

Perhaps focus on running your other 2 albums before starting up a 3rd?

Sorry if this comes across dickish, but it seems like everyone and their mother wants to create an album for every f***ing possible thing, most of which end up going nowhere, or they are lost and forgotten releases because they weren't promoted right.

Plus, it's much harder to navigate through the forums trying to find the "actual" album events, such as the BfG charity albums, when you have to wade through pages of, "I had this last minute idea for an album. Let's do this!"

So instead of running 2 separate albums that are incomplete and trying to start a 3rd one, why not focus more time into helping the people out in your other 2 albums, such as the ones in your Elements of Harmony album that have no idea what's going on, or if it's still going.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Re: Pony Sonata Challenge Album!

Postby WavesOfParadox » 11 Nov 2012 16:04

Navron wrote:Perhaps focus on running your other 2 albums before starting up a 3rd?

Sorry if this comes across dickish, but it seems like everyone and their mother wants to create an album for every f***ing possible thing, most of which end up going nowhere, or they are lost and forgotten releases because they weren't promoted right.

Plus, it's much harder to navigate through the forums trying to find the "actual" album events, such as the BfG charity albums, when you have to wade through pages of, "I had this last minute idea for an album. Let's do this!"

So instead of running 2 separate albums that are incomplete and trying to start a 3rd one, why not focus more time into helping the people out in your other 2 albums, such as the ones in your Elements of Harmony album that have no idea what's going on, or if it's still going.

Nikki-Layne actually took that over, and he had a better idea for organization on the mega-collab anyway. And I don't see how I would help people on the Haiti album any more considering I haven't gotten any WiP's. I will, however, start trying to find means to promote the albums.
YouTube
SoundCloud

Haiti Charity Album
Haiti Charity Album

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals."
-Igor Stravinsky
WavesOfParadox

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events