P-Dance: The Pony side of Hardstyle

Current events we're participating in.

Re: P-Dance: The Pony side of Hardstyle

Postby Diss Order » 05 Nov 2012 05:22

Hey, I wasn't implying it's "OMG TEH HARDEST KICK EVER MADE", I was just saying it's 'a crunchy kick'... no need to prove me wrong or anything. :S

And yeah, fuck Sandy. I hope everything works out fine for you. Storms, y u so stupid. :c
New aliases: Subhoofer, for online fandom stuffs. Name Not Required is for original stuff. :)

https://soundcloud.com/djnnr/lemons-2nd-preview
Diss Order

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 07 Nov 2012 04:41

Diss Order wrote:Hey, I wasn't implying it's "OMG TEH HARDEST KICK EVER MADE", I was just saying it's 'a crunchy kick'... no need to prove me wrong or anything. :S

And yeah, fuck Sandy. I hope everything works out fine for you. Storms, y u so stupid. :c

Dawww, thanks. Everything's fine now and I have power. Hopefully this next storm won't screw things up even worse.
XXDarkShadow79XX

Primary: FL

Postby DJMischief » 07 Nov 2012 16:59

How's everypony doing? I haven't checked the thread in a few days. I know I sound like a broken record, but yes... I've been really busy.
DJMischief

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Speaker

Postby Dub Shifterzz » 08 Nov 2012 07:30

I'm doing quite well, and you? :)

By the way. That remix I'm working on is almost complete, it has taken quite a while to make it, the vocals were a nightmare to sync to the song.
But I should have it uploaded within today and next week
My SoundCloud
My YouTube

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.soundcloud.com/dub-shifterzz
Dub Shifterzz

Postby Sonarch » 08 Nov 2012 13:58

Wait, so this isn't some kind of event with a deadline? Because I would love to do some hardstyle at some point, I just don't know when. So if there isn't a deadline, i'll add this to my projects list.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Primary: FL Studio

Postby DJMischief » 08 Nov 2012 15:10

Dub Shifterzz wrote:I'm doing quite well, and you? :)

By the way. That remix I'm working on is almost complete, it has taken quite a while to make it, the vocals were a nightmare to sync to the song.
But I should have it uploaded within today and next week

Awesome! Can't wait to listen again... Your songs are amazing :D

Sonarch wrote:Wait, so this isn't some kind of event with a deadline? Because I would love to do some hardstyle at some point, I just don't know when. So if there isn't a deadline, i'll add this to my projects list.

There isn't a deadline, this is an open record label, for any brony hardstyle. I made this to raise awareness of hardstyle in the fandom.
DJMischief

Postby Sonarch » 08 Nov 2012 15:22

In that case, I shall try to make some soon!
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Primary: FL Studio

Postby DJMischief » 14 Nov 2012 14:22

I'm working on a song now, and I have a vocalist! *squee* I find it really good to take a song you relatively want to sound like and take it's structure, than mess around with it. I don't know if it would work for you guys, but it works well for me.
DJMischief

Postby princedarktrot » 15 Nov 2012 09:46

Hey all. I'm another ex-hardstyle producer. I was a member of wrathmakerz. I might dabble again
princedarktrot

Postby DJMischief » 15 Nov 2012 14:09

princedarktrot wrote:Hey all. I'm another ex-hardstyle producer. I was a member of wrathmakerz. I might dabble again

Cool! I'm ready to listen to anything you got.
DJMischief

Postby Dub Shifterzz » 21 Nov 2012 18:10

Whats up guys? I'm almost done with my remix of Aviators - Friendship.
What do you think so far?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/111328223/remix.mp3
My SoundCloud
My YouTube

Dub Shifterzz

Postby DJMischief » 23 Nov 2012 15:02

Dub Shifterzz wrote:Whats up guys? I'm almost done with my remix of Aviators - Friendship.
What do you think so far?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/111328223/remix.mp3

Yet again, you drive me to tears of joy...
I can't wait until I can get a chance to collab with you...
This compares with tracks on scantraxx!
All I can say
DJMischief

Postby Dub Shifterzz » 23 Nov 2012 18:16

Yet again, you drive me to tears of joy...
I can't wait until I can get a chance to collab with you...
This compares with tracks on scantraxx!
All I can say

Haha, thanks man. But I don't think it compares with the stuff from Scantraxx (thanks for the compliment though :D)
I'd love to collab with you, your music is great :)
My SoundCloud
My YouTube

Dub Shifterzz

Postby Diss Order » 28 Nov 2012 08:40

Holy shit... So much new inspiration and motivation after Qlimax last weekend. I can't wait for this semester to end so I can focus 100% on music in my christmas break...

Qlimax was insane ._.
New aliases: Subhoofer, for online fandom stuffs. Name Not Required is for original stuff. :)

https://soundcloud.com/djnnr/lemons-2nd-preview
Diss Order

Postby DJMischief » 29 Nov 2012 06:21

Diss Order wrote:Holy shit... So much new inspiration and motivation after Qlimax last weekend. I can't wait for this semester to end so I can focus 100% on music in my christmas break...

Qlimax was insane ._.

You went to qlimax... o_o
DJMischief

Postby DJMischief » 08 Dec 2012 17:32

EETS MAH BIRFDAY TODAY. I'm planning on doing a parody of Technoboy & Activator - Steam Train soon, and calling it
DJ Mischief - Friendship Train.
If anypony wants to collab with me on that just pm me and we'll get going. Make sure you are using FL studio though.
DJMischief

Postby DJMischief » 21 Dec 2012 19:05

TheBronyChip wrote:Ive been working on a discord remix i need some feedback / advice if you have any i'd like to make this the best i possibly can make it.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94253980/discordremixwip.mp3

This is good, but definently work on your kick a bit.
and the lead is fine, but turn the volume down.
The screech is okay, but you should clean it up a bit.
the entire thing goes a little back and forth, there isn't much flow between the climax and the harder parts. I suggest you build it a bit more, or take the structure from another track and play around with it.
DJMischief

Postby DJMischief » 10 Jan 2013 15:11

Anyone been working on anything different? I'm thinking doing some edits of some tracks i did in 2012, and making them better. It's been a while since we've talked. I'm still alive! XD
DJMischief

Postby RavingKeroro » 13 Jan 2013 02:03

This is such an inspiration to making pony hardstyle.
I like hardbass~

DAW: FL Studio 9
Genres: Hands Up, Happy Hardcore, Hardstyle(one day)
Soundcloud

~kero
RavingKeroro

Postby DJMischief » 14 Jan 2013 20:34

RavingKeroro wrote:This is such an inspiration to making pony hardstyle.

Thanks, I'm trying to work on an edit of "Headhunterz vs. Abject - Scantraxx Rootz"
If anyone wants to help me with that pm me please

TheBronyChip wrote:
TheBronyChip wrote:Ive been working on a discord remix i need some feedback / advice if you have any i'd like to make this the best i possibly can make it.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94253980/discordremixwip.mp3

i lost the project file for this im sorry :(

It's fine, Is there any way you can start a new project? I haven't seen much new stuff come in for a LONG while.
DJMischief

Postby Icky » 15 Jan 2013 04:56

This thread still going? I was working on this oldskool hardstyle track for my album and I think it's about done. Some feedback would be great tho, figured this would be the best place to get it. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52883961/Icky% ... Yes%21.mp3
Icky

Postby Icky » 15 Jan 2013 11:38

what kind of variety are you thinking of when it comes to the melody? I know it's rather basic but that's actually the sound I'm going for, was going for a oldskool'ish vibe.
Icky

Postby DJMischief » 15 Jan 2013 19:19

Icky wrote:This thread still going? I was working on this oldskool hardstyle track for my album and I think it's about done. Some feedback would be great tho, figured this would be the best place to get it. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52883961/Icky% ... Yes%21.mp3

Holy SHIT man! This is awesome! You're amazing at hardstyle, I'd love if you submitted a track or two! The kick is really bassy, but clear. Nothing is crushed. Pretty much perfect kick! I do agree with chip with the melody could need a little variety. The screech is flawless. Thanks for being here!
DJMischief

Postby DiceOfficial » 15 Jan 2013 20:10

Icky wrote:This thread still going? I was working on this oldskool hardstyle track for my album and I think it's about done. Some feedback would be great tho, figured this would be the best place to get it. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52883961/Icky% ... Yes%21.mp3

First of all, it's awesome ! I wish we would hear more stuff like that in the HS scene nowaday

Oldschoolish vibe, eh ?
Seems more like something i would have heard between the oldschool and nustyle period IMO.

Makes me happy to see -the- Icky making some neat hardstyle in the brony scene !

Let's get to the criticism/advices/opinions (wall of text) side now, if you wish to.
___
- The kick at the beggining, sounds like something is missing... It sounds a bit.... dry ?
Maybe add some reverb ? Or layer it with a bit more punchy kick ? Messing with the dynamics ? Not sure.
- Simple suggestion, you could try adding a clap (or even a snare) with the kick at some point too, to bring more variation.
- For the reverse bass, not much i can think of here, sounds good to me (maybe turn up a bit the volume). One thing you can try to do is going to the channel settings of the reverse bass and enabling the fade stereo option in the precomputed effects. Then mess with the pan and volume, you can get a really neat effect like that.
- Maybe it's just me, but i think that the reversed ride/crash should be a tad louder
- Screech. Ah. A good ol' screech like we love them. You could just try to make it vary a bit more, even if it's just a second pattern.
- The "Nu-style" kick. A really cool kick, just the punch seems to have some unwanted noise when it's pitched up, might want to fix that, if you can (i totally understand how much of a pain in the *** these kicks are to make), that is, unless it's just my imagination.
- The melody is perfect for me. In my opinion, that melody totally fits the track. I Love it <3 (reminds me of one of trance generators's recent track, haha)

And also, you could give more flavour to your track with FXs, FXs kicks, sweeps, ambient sounds, hits, and little things like that.

___
All i can say is that i can't wait to see this track finished, it sounds already awesome to me ! :D
*cough* better than the cheesy stuff i've been hearing during the whole last year *cough*
-And i'm still doing nothing with my life, just losing hours trying to fix my kick-
Keep up the good music, icky !
DiceOfficial

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Thyrai » 15 Jan 2013 22:57

Here's a horrible frankenstein of a track I made a few months ago when I thought I could do hardstyle. It was really fun to make and I'd like to try it again sometime, so if anyone could provide some feedback it'd be great :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/83170685/Hard%20Candy.mp3
Thyrai

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events