Current events we're participating in.

Pinkie Voiced [CONTEST!!]

Postby TheCreepyPie » 06 Sep 2012 21:59

Are you sick of the singers we have?
Are you bored of real voices?
You want to sing, but can't?
A big Vocaloid fan?
A big UTAU fan?
If you said yes to any of these questions...

WELL, THIS CONTEST IS FOR YOU!!

Here is a sample of the UTAU voicebank, Kasane Teto!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1p0CIFLKVg

This contest is about the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Music community with the Vocaloid & UTAU Community combining for one contest!!
As a MLR exclusive, this contest will show a bit of your own style, along with using something a bit new, but free and simple to use: UTAU.
If you do want to enter, but have no idea how to use UTAU, or even get it, do not worry!! One week before the contest starts, I will be livestreaming for 7 days, each day a different tutorial about UTAU!! The videos on the Livestream will be SAVED in the Livestream, and marked as 'PV Livestream #(1-7)'! If I ever feel nice, I may add extras!!

Rules:
-NO COLLABORATIONS!
- You must apply, with ALL the required fields, so basically, fill the whole thing out.
- You must be able to compose original music. (Trust me, I know people who do not use UTAU/Vocaloid for original music.)
- I am NOT responsible if you do not remember how to do anything thought.
- Love and tolerate.
- You must either have a PC or a Mac!! UTAU does not work with any other computer types!!
- A high-quality microphone is needed!!
- You must be able to change your Language Locale from English (Or what language you have on it) to Japanese. (The worst thing that will happen is the backslash turning into a yen sign.)
- Follow all the dates. I will make a Tumblr for this, so I can update it with the times of when I will be livestreaming, or promoting Works-In-Progresses!
- There will be a cash prize of $100USD, but do not become very hostile (or a bad sport) if you do not win!!
- Send ALL applications to me here, in a private message or Skype (TheCreepyPie).
- If a Skype is ut in your application, I will add you on my account on Skype, and will create a entire chat on Skype. Otherwise, keep yourselves updated with the Livestreams and Tumblr!

Tumblr: http://pinkievoiced.tumblr.com/
Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/TheCreepyPie

Application MUST be filled out!!

TO RECIEVE THE PRIZE, YOU MUST HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT!!

Name (or Alias):
Paypal Account:
Social Networks (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.):
Mac/PC? (Please specify.):
Timezone:
What is YOUR knowledge of UTAU at the moment?:
Genre desired:
Please explain why you do decide to be a part of this contest (excluding the prize.):

In reading this, you are aware of following dates this will be made:

November 23, 2012: End of accepting applications
November 24 ,2012: Livestream #1: What is UTAU, How to change your Locale on Windows/Mac, basic recording, best programs used (and how to use them)
November 25 ,2012: Livestream #2: What is CV and VCV recording and proper Japanese pronuciation (with recording list)
November 26, 2012: Livestream #3: English recording (with recording list)
November 27, 2012: Livestream #6: Otoing CV and VCV
November 28, 2012: Livestream #4: Saving your work, pitchbends, importing voicebanks
November 29, 2012: Livestream #5: Exporting MIDIs from FL and importing to UTAU for vocals
November 30, 2012: Livestream #7: Review everything from Livestream #1 to #6 and how to make an UTAU sing Engrish (The Japanese English)
December 1, 2012: Start of contest
January 4, 2013: End of contest
January 7th, 2013: Winner announced!

You have a month to enter, and a month to actually complete your entry before January 4th!
I will not be the only one judging.
I will be looking for quality and pronunciation.
In the song, I want see originality, and clarity of the voice.
Overall, I wanna see you having fun.
Vocaloid and UTAU user.
Electro-Pop.
"The Missing Ones" to be released.
Teddyloid and Marina and the Diamonds are my idols.
Influences in my work is usually creepy/sad.
I created Jimmie Chews, MONBOM, and currently working on Pajion Fukeru.
TheCreepyPie

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events