After-Pony-Party-Place! Warehouse Rave Thread (Official?)

Current events we're participating in.

After-Pony-Party-Place! Warehouse Rave Thread (Official?)

Postby Kezzsim - PointFlank » 13 Jun 2012 15:15

Greetings Party-Ponies!

Kezz here, hello there! While none of you have probably ever heard of me, I've been kicking around this community for quite sometime; last August I'd say. Anyway, formalities aside- one thing some of you might have seen or heard of is Bronies-NYC! Bronies-NYC was the foundation for what eventually became BronyCon (formerly BroNYCon) and continues to serve the community with it's monthly meetups.

I am the organizer for Bronies-NYC, and as a musician myself I've been trying to incorporate musical events, performances and jams into each meetup. While I really enjoy the acoustic stuff we do, by far the thing we're most known for would have to be the HUGE RAVES we throw at the end of each meet. Case and point? Check out a video of our last performance- courtesy of Kar:

Mix isn't too original, I was training the guy on deck while trying to figure out the new version of Resolume... Which kept freezing...
BEST VISUALIZATION AT 5:12!! XD

Anyway, to get to the point: a while ago, right after NotACleverPony had re-surfaced (yay!) I was reading on her DA something about how she had planned to play some sort of Afterparty for BronyCon... in a nearby Warehouse or something... Which is funny cuz; I had sort of started envisioning something just like that, actually- not long before when a bunch of performances where cut from the BronyCon concert roster. I was righteously displeased with the time restrictions the BronyCon higher-ups had made, and one of the few productive ways to remedy that is to hold the rest of the concert, the REAL concert someplace else!

So thusly; I wrote to NotACleverPony immediately, based on CircuitFry's advice the I sent her a DeviantArt PM- close to three weeks ago. I have yet to hear back from her, it's okay though- I'm posting this here with the hopes somepony will clear up exactly what's already been planned for this whole shindig?! If anybody has any info or Ideas- POST THEM HERE!

Regardless, the Con is rapidly approaching- Plans must be made Soon if ever! If there are already plans going around for hosting this; I'm prepared to help out in anyway possible! I've been a gigging musician here in the New York Tristate area for close to 15 years, I'd like to contribute my experience and equipment... hopefully it will save you guys a lot!

If nopony's got any plans- I'm going to step in by booking a venue mid-next week! I'll then continue to organize the event on http://www.meetup.com/Bronies-NYC/ and here on MLR to some degree.

So, hopefully we can all work together to get this off the ground- This NEEDS to happen, hopefully it will be the first in a series of rave parties which will accompany the Traveling Pony Museum on it's epic quest to Everfree Northwest! So, if you're interested- even if you're not going to be at BronyCon; POST SOMETHING! I might know what I'm doing here but I'll take all the help I can get.

Also, Disclaimer: there's a chance that if I'm hosting this it will be in Manehattan- only $3 away from the Medowlands where BronyCon is being held. RoyalPony5300 expressed some concerns about going into New York City, but let me tell you- 1) It's NOT THAT BAD, 2) You guys came all the way here from all over, you might as well go to NYC!

Until then, thanks for reading! Here's your reward: check out the rave scene from our Anniversary Promo!

-Till Then: Peace, love and Cupcakes!~

Kezz :ugeek:
Organizer: Bronies-NYC / Audio Vigilante
Kezzsim - PointFlank

Re: After-Pony-Party-Place! Warehouse Rave Thread (Official?

Postby Freewave » 13 Jun 2012 19:47

I was always saying that Bronycon truly needed a great afterparty, sounds like its hopefully already being planned. NACP doesn't actively hang in this forum although some of the veterans may be able to pass your message on. As you said I hope you can step up if plans aren't already in motion cause it sounds like a fun party NY style.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby colortwelve » 13 Jun 2012 21:15

I'm not sure to what extent NACP still goes in her DA, but she does have a Tumblr that she remains fairly active on, so if you want a response, I'd try dropping something in her ask box.
Youtube -- Soundcloud -- Tumblr -- Bandcamp (new album out!)

I can't feel my brain.
colortwelve

Postby Sgt-Whip (DJQ) » 14 Jun 2012 20:44

Unfortunately I'm not going to Bronycon, know nothing about the rave plans, and live about 20 minutes out of the way of DC, so I don't know how much real help I could supply. However, if there's anything online that some small fellow can do for you, I'd be glad to help out.
Sgt-Whip (DJQ)

Postby Kezzsim - PointFlank » 18 Jun 2012 11:05

Update: Well it seems NACP isn't going after all... T_T ALL OF MY SADNESS!

But, I think we can still do something! Let's see, since Circuitfry only has 15 minutes to play stuff from Balloon party on Stage, perhaps he's rather play the rest at an event like this? I guess I'll get on the horn and see who else can make it out-

Still haven't finalized the plans for a traveling rave yet, we're gonna need some support from the Traveling Pony Museum first- and some endorsement. I'll start a new thread when that gets going.

Thanks again everypony!
Kezzsim - PointFlank

Postby CommandSpry » 18 Jun 2012 13:39

I'm loving this thread and what you do, but if you call that a HUGE RAVE, you need to get out more ^^
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: wobbler

Postby Circuitfry » 19 Jun 2012 11:11

I gotta admit, next time, we need something a little more lengthy and banger. Everyone has a maximum of 20 minutes of play time. Not exactly the biggest rave, but then again, our target audience aren't hardcore ravers, either.
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby CommandSpry » 19 Jun 2012 17:02

I agree, I don't say I really want to go to a huge rave or there is a need to, I'm just saying, get your bearings as what the scope of your raves are ^^ The one on the video looks cool though.

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: wobbler

Postby annie226 » 22 Jun 2012 02:55

This is great. . Choosing a perfect venue for making an event memorable can be difficult.
Last edited by annie226 on 08 Jul 2015 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
annie226

Postby Kezzsim - PointFlank » 25 Jun 2012 10:29

Alright, just a quick update- It's taken me some time to weed through the available venues; Although I'd really wanted to hold something in Manehattan (because, if yall are coming all the way here, you really should see the Big Apple!) It looks like I'll be making things real convenient by hosting this in one of the Hotels near the Medowlands- in a Ballroom of some sort.

I'm waiting for one of them to call me back right now, just making sure- If I do this, you guys will come out and maybe play a little somethin, somethin Right?!

There's a whole lot of risk involved, and honestly I don't care if I loose a whole lot of money- I just want to keep the party going for as long as I can!
That, and maybe raise some funds for a cross country journey to take a rave like this to EverFree! (I'm going with the TPM anyway).

So, What say you- denizens of My Little Remix?
Kezzsim - PointFlank

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events