EPIC BRONY RAP TOURNAMENT
(Banner in progress)
Greetings and salutations! I really need to get a better catchphrase...This is NytMayr, here with the official thread for the idea that FlyingNinjaBannanas proposed in an earlier thread. And that idea is, as the title would heavily imply, a series of rap battles set up in a tournament-like format.
First off, let's list some rules.
1. Each person has 4 days [To much time? Too little?] to create and record their verse and give it to their competitor, who will then do the same thing until 4 verses [Too many? Too little?] are made. Each verse must be eight bars in length.
2. If a verse not submitted in the 4 days given without some kind of prior notification, he or she will forfeit and the other person will win.
3. If a notification occurs, the deadline will be extended for a maximum of one week. [Too much time? Too little?] Any later and the person absent will lose.
4. The rappers may not edit or change the beat given. If this occurs, you will be disqualified.
5. Mic quality is not a major issue unless it makes your voice nigh impossible to figure out.
6. Pretty much anyone can join, if they think they are able.
7. Verses must include some sort of pony-related material. This is a Brony rap tournament, after all.
As to the actual process that the match goes through, all of the rappers will be paired with one another in a tournament bracket setup, chosen by random. The order in which they will create their verses are also random. In addition, a beat maker will be assigned to each of the matches.
Once the match-up is decided, the beat maker will compose his or her piece and send it to both of the rappers. The first rapper will record his or her verse, and send it to both the beat maker for mastering purposes, and the other rapper, so that he or she can record their verse in response, and send it to both their opponent and the beat maker. Also, the announcer will send their audio pieces to the beat maker as well.
After all four verses and the announcer clips are recorded, the assigned beat maker will completely master the song and send it to the video producer, who will create the music video and such. Any required graphical supplements or details that the producer should be aware of should be brought up at this time, e.g. ponysona appearances, which username to use, etc. After the video has been completed, the video will be sent to me, in order to be uploaded to my YouTube channel.
Once the song has been uploaded, people watching the video will vote on who they think is superior. [Methods of voting?] After a voting deadline of some sort is hit, I will tally the votes, and whoever received more of them moves onwards in the tournament.
With all of that said, here are the people that are participating:
Project Manager: NytMayr
Video Producer: Frivolousmonkey
Beat Makers/Audio Masterers: NytMayr, legion2190, MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN, 3M0 DJ
Rappers: NytMayr, bigBerd, HumbleEarthBrony, FlyingNinjaBannanas, stormwind, soultensionbenjamin, Tremil, ChromaticChaosPony, [YellingAtCats?]
If you wish to participate, simply state as such as a reply to this thread. If you wish to apply for the position of announcer or video producer, a sample of your work in those fields is also highly recommended.
Last edited by NytMayr on 18 Jun 2012 16:04, edited 5 times in total.