Hey, what does everypony think about a Rhapsody album?

Current events we're participating in.

Hey, what does everypony think about a Rhapsody album?

Postby Evdog » 04 Mar 2012 18:29

You're probably wondering what I mean by a "Rhapsody album"? Well, let me try to explain:

Basically, people submit songs, but they all have to start in one genre and finish in another. i.e. You could lead in with Orchestral and finish with Dubstep, or start of in Industrial rock and end in Pop.
In the starting phase, people would write down what styles they plan to transition through in their song, and they would be arranged to all flow with one another, so that a song starting in trance follows a song ending in trance.
Then everyone would work on their songs, and confer with the musicians before and after them so that it's similar enough to flow. The track would need to pass a general consencus that the transition(s) in the song doesn't sound jarring and unnatural, and that the track is, at least reasonably good.

But the end result is that you have, like, a 50-track album that covers about 30 different styles of music, and still sounds like it all fits! I'd also guess that if this comes to completion, DJs, both brony and mainstream, will use these songs to transition to different genres in their own mixes

So what do you think? Wouldn't this be awesome!? :D I'd very much appreciate opinions/feedback.
[YOUTUBE], [SOUNDCLOUD], [FACEBOOK], [EVDOGMUSIC.COM]
Multigenre singer, Multigenre songwriter, Multigenre producer & Multi-instrumentalist
Evdog

Primary: Presonus Studio One
Cutie Mark: (is a Diamond Dog)

Re: Hey, what does everypony think about a Rhapsody album?

Postby colortwelve » 04 Mar 2012 18:37

While that does sound like a really, really cool idea, it would also require a ludicrous amount of coordination.

But so did the Remix War (or so I'd assume). I think that if we got enough people on board with this, we'd not only be able to pull it off, but pull off something pretty amazing at that.

The question then, would be when to do all this, because right now we have Balloon Party and the second charity album going, and summer is getting close, so we'll have another three or four rounds of the Remix War to look forward to. I'm of course just an amateur, so I have no idea how much people around here are capable of juggling at the same time, but it just seems like timing would be sort of important if you wanted to do this right.

All that said, if there really are enough people who want to do this, I'd certainly love to take a shot at it. So here's hoping that everyone's willing to get this going, because I think it'd end up stunning, to say the least.
Youtube -- Soundcloud -- Tumblr -- Bandcamp (new album out!)

I can't feel my brain.
colortwelve

Postby Peak Freak » 05 Mar 2012 00:50

... you haven't been on the last TB, haven't you? :P

Peak Freak

Postby RaynStrom » 05 Mar 2012 11:01

This sounds like a cool idea, I'd be all for it.
http://soundcloud.com/raynstrom/chrysalis
Life is an adventure, make some noise.

WIP
Fire Shy-Balloon Party

The Lucid Mixtape

Various other projects
RaynStrom

Postby bigBerd » 05 Mar 2012 21:28

Peak Freak wrote:... you haven't been on the last TB, haven't you? :P

IS DAT SUM FLOYD I HEAR?
If you like my music, you should be checking out my:
Soundcloud - - - Bandcamp - - - EqBeats
Also my tumblr
MAY YOUR DAY BE FILLED WITH WILD 'N' WAXY WAHOOLAZUMA!
bigBerd

Postby the4thImpulse » 06 Mar 2012 18:02

I like this idea, I would try out a song after the seeds of kindness finishes.
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events