MLR OPERATION BRONYQUEST INITIATED

Current events we're participating in.

Re: MLR OPERATION BRONYQUEST INITIATED

Postby CommandSpry » 23 Jan 2012 13:15

Oh man, I'd love to go, but I am not worth it, so I'd really like to contribute in any way I can..the problem is, I don't have PayPal or any of the likes, I have to make an account first, and I've never transfered money this way, hopefully I'll have a chance to donate some $$ for all the more talented people in Europe/Asia/Africa/Australia/South America/Canada/Far parts of USA, and of course Antarctica.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: wobbler

Postby Evdog » 01 Feb 2012 04:04

StormWolf wrote:Oh shit I only just saw this why am I always late to cool things D:
I'd love to go to BroNYCon, and I'd love to help out with as many fundraisers as possible but I live in god damned Australia so it'd be a lot of money for me, plus I'm not even that well known, so uhh
Do I still get to go? >_>

^ This. Even the Australia part.
[YOUTUBE], [SOUNDCLOUD], [FACEBOOK], [EVDOGMUSIC.COM]
Multigenre singer, Multigenre songwriter, Multigenre producer & Multi-instrumentalist
Evdog

Primary: Presonus Studio One
Cutie Mark: (is a Diamond Dog)

Postby @ppleBukker » 01 Feb 2012 10:53

Okay, everypony, give me a task to do...

I really want to make this plan a reality and help out any way I can. I don't know if I'm going to be able to go, but I'm gonna do my hardest to be sure I at least help a fellow brony musician go.

I really love the idea of a carpool. I live in eastern Alabama. So, that means that I will be traveling up the Eastern Seaboard to get to NYC. That is, if I can drive up there. If not, I'll look towards buying my own plane ticket and other expensive things and use the fundraiser as little as I have to. Still being new to this community, I feel that more experienced brony musicians need the money. So, I will be paying my dues, if you will.

I'm all for finding a good close hotel for everypony to stay at. I'm willing to share a room with anypony. I'm clean, well organized, and as random as Pinkie.
With that said: If anypony would want to split the cost of a room, PM me and we'll go from there.

Again, I don't know if I'll be going. I don't have a job, but I'm REALLY looking for one. I'll even work in horse stables, ironically enough. I want to make this happen. I'll even see what I can do about a local fundraiser.

One idea, possibly, commissioning songs for donations to the fundraiser? One, it's good practice. Two, it gives the listeners a personal song and the satisfaction that THEY helped pay a brony musician's way to BroNYCon. Three, more great pony music. What does everypony think?
DAWs: Ableton Live Intro 8, Madtracker II, FamiTracker II,FL Studio 12.5
Preferred Genres: Breakcore, DnB, Uplifting Trance, Punk/Grunge, Smooth Electronica
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/applebukker
Pony.fm: https://pony.fm/pplebukker
@ppleBukker

Primary: Ableton/FL Studio
Cutie Mark: 16th Note w/ Halo

Postby vladnuke » 29 Feb 2012 21:14

I live in Cali, but I wanna go so bad! If only the round trip plane tickets weren't $800 FRIGGIN DOLLARS. Driving there is out of the question for me, that would be more expensive than flying. Maybe greyhound? Idk.
vladnuke

Postby vladnuke » 29 Feb 2012 21:25

Ok, I overreacted, found it for cheaper (Still $474). Maybe I'll go. Maybe
vladnuke

Postby Pinkapie » 11 Mar 2012 19:26

I really want to go. Really. But I'm physically disabled (me being near-blind is a BIG issue) so I'd need a Brony to stick with me the entire time.
Pinkapie

Postby Anorax » 16 Mar 2012 10:58

I live in North Carolina, and I have no idea if a hotel has been decided yet
DAW: Mixcraft 6
3rd Party VSTs: Alien 303 Bass Synthesizer, Various Angular Momentum Products, Artemis, Combo Organ Models V+F, Daedalus, iloSynth1, Impuse, Messiah, MinimogueVA, oxytocin, P8, various Togu Audio Line products, Synth1, TS-Substance, VB3 Organ
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby Freewave » 16 Mar 2012 13:30

has anyone checked out the closest hotel that's moderately priced? Those will start filling up quickly so that kind of info should be communicated out, like now.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby the4thImpulse » 16 Mar 2012 13:47

DJ Pon-3 wrote:has anyone checked out the closest hotel that's moderately priced? Those will start filling up quickly so that kind of info should be communicated out, like now.
This really should be planned out by now.
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Anorax » 16 Mar 2012 14:05

the4thImpulse wrote:
DJ Pon-3 wrote:has anyone checked out the closest hotel that's moderately priced? Those will start filling up quickly so that kind of info should be communicated out, like now.
This really should be planned out by now.

better question: has ANYTHING been really planned yet?
3rd Party VSTs: Alien 303 Bass Synthesizer, Various Angular Momentum Products, Artemis, Combo Organ Models V+F, Daedalus, iloSynth1, Impuse, Messiah, MinimogueVA, oxytocin, P8, various Togu Audio Line products, Synth1, TS-Substance, VB3 Organ
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby Freewave » 16 Mar 2012 14:17

Twilight Sparkle would be losing her sh** about this by now. Where is she? Can we get her to help plan this out?

ps I am not going but i really hope that anyone who wants to go, plans to go, can get coordination with like minded bronies to room up and hang out. 6 months is plenty of time to plan that out. We're at the halfway mark.
Freewave

Postby Freewave » 22 Mar 2012 11:04

no reply? what's the status guys? bronycon starts a month after balloon party's deadline, that's not enough time to start planning this stuff out then. what has been planned and what can you guys communicate to those who are planning to go?
Freewave

Postby Anorax » 22 Mar 2012 12:43

CIRCUITFRY! STOP BEING LAZY! WE NEED TO BE IN THE LOOP GOOD SIR!
[/canterlock]
yes, canterlock was necessary
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby Pinkapie » 22 Mar 2012 13:02

Like I said, I would love to go, but I would need to go with somebody due to being physically disabled. I'd get lost in the city very easily, so I need a fellow Brony to stick with me the whole time.
Pinkapie

Postby Navron » 24 Mar 2012 17:21

Pinkapie, what kind of assistance would you require? I wouldn't mind helping you out throughout your stay, but I first need to confirm whether or not I can go.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby DJSheogowrath » 25 Mar 2012 12:22

So here's the deal.
>In high school
>Live in California
>Not doing great in a few of my classes
>Mom is strict on grades
That doesn't add up well.
But my mom knows I'm passionate about music and I like ponies so maybe, if I kick ass in school, she wil l let me go. Seeing as how it's during summer, she would probably be more lenient. As far as driving to New York, probably not. I havent even talked to her about this yet, and all I have saved up is 70 bucks I was planning to use towards computer parts. I'm a maybe, but if someone is able to give me a ride, it would make things way easier. Just tossing that out there.
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
DAW: Ableton Live 8
Genres: Pretty much anything, really.
DJSheogowrath

Postby Circuitfry » 29 Mar 2012 19:59

I want to keep people in the loop but I've been on the move. There's a lot to say. Balloon Party is pretty much the main project for operation Bronyquest. I cannot manage another project atm, so if someone else wants to contribute to Bronyquest, go ahead.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon- ... 7327741784 The facebook page is here. It has 2000+ fans.

http://www.indiegogo.com/Bronyquest-Bal ... e&a=439833 This is the donation page. We have received around $1,700 before launching this, which is a good start, but we need much more publicity if we want to pull in more donations.

I am planning to talk with the Bronycon team very soon about reservations and places and logistics. They will offer a lot of insight.

Until then, help out by making music and noise about the album to lots of groups and get people to get involved. Spread the word, make posters and art, that'd be really nice.
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby Evdog » 19 Apr 2012 05:42

I know that this isn't relevant to the fundraising in particular, but it still has to do with the con:

Could anypony/everypony that's going to either Bronycon or Everfree please take as much audio/video footage as you possibly can? I'd really like to do something like "Sound Issues" again :D
[YOUTUBE], [SOUNDCLOUD], [FACEBOOK], [EVDOGMUSIC.COM]
Multigenre singer, Multigenre songwriter, Multigenre producer & Multi-instrumentalist
Evdog

Primary: Presonus Studio One
Cutie Mark: (is a Diamond Dog)

Postby Anorax » 19 Apr 2012 12:55

Circuitfry wrote:I want to keep people in the loop but I've been on the move. There's a lot to say. Balloon Party is pretty much the main project for operation Bronyquest. I cannot manage another project atm, so if someone else wants to contribute to Bronyquest, go ahead.

I am planning to talk with the Bronycon team very soon about reservations and places and logistics. They will offer a lot of insight.

Until then, help out by making music and noise about the album to lots of groups and get people to get involved. Spread the word, make posters and art, that'd be really nice.

Circuitfry, what if we made a [semi]public registry (as in google docs) of all MLR people who are going/plan to go to Bronycon with help from Bronyquest?
It would need their username, where they live (state/province, depending on what country you're in), and they could say whether or not they already have set up transportation to Bronycon.

I guess this registry could serve a double purpose. One, we could see what will be needed from the current donation pot depending on the travel costs, and two, we could see who would be able to carpool/group travel to save extra costs as well as get more people to bronycon.

Just a thought.
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby Anorax » 19 Apr 2012 12:57

Evdog wrote:I know that this isn't relevant to the fundraising in particular, but it still has to do with the con:

Could anypony/everypony that's going to either Bronycon or Everfree please take as much audio/video footage as you possibly can? I'd really like to do something like "Sound Issues" again :D

If I go, I will definitely record everything, until the battery on my poor android device dies, which means I would have to invest in extra batteries for Bronycon.

If I go, of course.
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby Circuitfry » 19 Apr 2012 19:26

That's a good idea, Anorax. That's why BMDoubbleBass and I created a form for funding musicians to go there! Yup!

Nobody can possibly get a free ride but if you have a significant amount of funds (~$200) and would like to be entered into our database, then please contact me via Skype (circuitfry) or e-mail ([email protected]).
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby 3M0 DJ » 18 May 2012 17:43

Shoot. I think I'm going on a family trip to Canada during that time... Ugh. Next BronyCon needs to be closer to the west coast.
Signatures are too manestream.

SoundCloud
YouTube
Tumblr

3M0 DJ

Postby Anorax » 18 May 2012 18:12

Kyoga wrote:I live in washington.
I don't have money.....
I can't go! D:

1) make an album and sell it for cheap
2) rent one of those cars with really good gas milage
3)???????
4)PROFIT
5)Bronycon

4 and 5 may not necessarily be in that order
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby LFP » 18 May 2012 18:38

Anorax wrote:
Kyoga wrote:I live in washington.
I don't have money.....
I can't go! D:

1) make an album and sell it for cheap
3)???????
4)PROFIT
5)Bronycon

Win.

Too bad you can't do that from Sweden. D:
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby 3M0 DJ » 18 May 2012 19:17

Anorax wrote:1) make an album and sell it for cheap
3)???????
4)PROFIT
5)Bronycon

The problem is that I can't drive. No license for me... I don't mind the part about making an album though.
Signatures are too manestream.

SoundCloud
YouTube
Tumblr

3M0 DJ

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events