[Non-Pony] Touhou SMASH! Compilation Fan-Album/Soundtrack

Current events we're participating in.

[Non-Pony] Touhou SMASH! Compilation Fan-Album/Soundtrack

Postby Sketch XII » 15 Oct 2014 19:19

http://westofwonderland.boards.net/thre ... uhou-smash

As the first project for a certain new Touhou group of groups, I decided to go to my original home (MLR) and see if I could get people from here... well, I already do, but I mean more people who might even be new to this or not even know what Touhou is, because honestly, that's fine. All that matters is the music and community.

Basically, this is an compilation soundtrack for a fan-made fighting game.
What is it you have to do to be part of this? Well, here are the rules-

Deadline is December 20th of this year.
Submissions must be in .mp3, .wav or .ogg. If not, you can just ask first too I guess.
They should be between at least 1 minute long, to at most, 5 minutes unless they're really interesting enough.
Submissions should also have a point at which they can be looped smoothly, since this is for a fighting game.
Submission must either be a remix/rearrangement of a Touhou theme, or have a Touhou-like sound.
For example, "Lunatic" by Stormwolf isn't a Touhou rearrangement, but sounds like it could be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUXXUMSr9ok
I wouldn't recommend strictly going by that as reference though if you're not familiar with the series itself however.

Thanks for reading and be creative~!
Sketch XII

Primary: MuseScore
Cutie Mark: Dodecagram

Re: [Non-Pony] Touhou SMASH! Compilation Fan-Album/Soundtrac

Postby DJ TATCM » 16 Oct 2014 14:42

can i use the original sounds from the touhou games (i have both THInst.sf2 and PC-98.sf2 somewhere on my hard drive) or would those clash too much with the other compositions? i'm interested, since i already have a project where i tried making something for cirno day but never finished it in time
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Re: [Non-Pony] Touhou SMASH! Compilation Fan-Album/Soundtrac

Postby Sketch XII » 16 Oct 2014 15:02

DJ TATCM wrote:can i use the original sounds from the touhou games (i have both THInst.sf2 and PC-98.sf2 somewhere on my hard drive) or would those clash too much with the other compositions? i'm interested, since i already have a project where i tried making something for cirno day but never finished it in time

Whatever method you use to get your instrument sounds is fine, just try to mix them well (THInst.sf2 can have some pretty low quality sounds here and there IMHO). I don't expect other entries to use that soundfont or anything either though... not that it's not allowed or anything, it's fine.
However, using SFX from the game or sampling parts from the original games is not allowed.
A bit unrelated - I didn't know of a PC-98.sf2. I gotta look for that now lol.
Sketch XII

Primary: MuseScore
Cutie Mark: Dodecagram

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events