Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Current events we're participating in.

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Nine Volt » 04 Mar 2013 13:42

Retrotype wrote:

still working on it but still tryin to figure out what the song needs

Fixed.
User avatar
Nine Volt
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: 23 Aug 2012 06:50

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Glitchhog » 05 Mar 2013 03:10

Alright, my last-ditch effort. The first drop is pretty much to my liking; minimal, but hopefully 'fat' enough. I have 4 separate basses, a saw and a 'fattened' Zedd-style (3 more basses) playing at once and I don't see what adding more would really do. It sounds clicky without any bass, so laptop speakers and cheap headphones probably won't pick much up, but that goes for most electronic music.

The vocals were mastered by Koroshi-Ya, and I have to say, he's done a much better job than I did. I'm pretty close to finalizing things, so any last criticism would be helpful. I can't really help the vocals if they're difficult to understand, as it's just the way he sang them. I can't make any adjustments to them without making things sound worse.

https://soundcloud.com/strobeedm/vascular-rainbow-wip-feat-replacer
Australian-based Electrohouse producer. Check out my YouTube or SoundCloud for music, or help me out by donating.
User avatar
Glitchhog
 
Posts: 184
Joined: 13 Feb 2012 10:05
Location: South Australia
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electrohouse

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Alycs » 05 Mar 2013 07:33

The vocals sound tons better! Now I can tell whats being said, and I really like it. The bass sounds a lot better too. Good job fixing that up. Also, with the vocals fixed up, everything past 2:21 sounds absolutely amazing. I really can't criticize anything about it, now.
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
User avatar
Alycs
 
Posts: 962
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 13:40
OS: Windows
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby v.lossity » 05 Mar 2013 08:31

Glitchhog wrote:Alright, my last-ditch effort. ... I'm pretty close to finalizing things, so any last criticism would be helpful. ...


My only complaint (vocals aside) are that it seems like during the quiet sections, the bass sounds like its too low an octave to actually get reproduced or heard. I could be wrong, but thats what it sounds like. I would try two things: bring a couple of the oscillators up an octave or two, or (If Im wrong and it has nothing to do with how low it is) add some sine waves in there to fatten up the bottom end, OR just eq boost the lows (or cut the highs). Not really sure how else to explain that, sorry if it doesnt make sense. Anyways, the track is otherwise great, I love the pluck especially. Good luck :)
Last edited by v.lossity on 05 Mar 2013 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
v.lossity
 
Posts: 241
Joined: 13 Jan 2013 17:06

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Glitchhog » 05 Mar 2013 08:44

v.lossity wrote:
Glitchhog wrote:Alright, my last-ditch effort. ... I'm pretty close to finalizing things, so any last criticism would be helpful. ...


My only complaint (vocals aside are that it seems like during the quiet sections, the bass sounds like its too low an octave to actually get reproduced or heard. I could be wrong, but thats what it sounds like. I would try two things: bring a couple of the oscillators up an octave or two, or (If Im wrong and it has nothing to do with how low it is) add some sine waves in there to fatten up the bottom end, OR just eq boost the lows (or cut the highs). Not really sure how else to explain that, sorry if it doesnt make sense. Anyways, the track is otherwise great, I love the pluck especially. Good luck :)


Hm, the low end sounds fine on my end. The chorus, I'm still very unhappy with. (Well, the entire song isn't really my proudest moment, rather.) I'll keep trying to improve things in the meantime, but I'm not too delighted with it at all if I'm honest.
Australian-based Electrohouse producer. Check out my YouTube or SoundCloud for music, or help me out by donating.
User avatar
Glitchhog
 
Posts: 184
Joined: 13 Feb 2012 10:05
Location: South Australia
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electrohouse

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Matthew N. » 05 Mar 2013 13:48

Glitchdog, notice how both parts are so very different volume level-wise. You need to fix this.
User avatar
Matthew N.
 
Posts: 875
Joined: 08 May 2012 10:45
Location: Poland

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby MaЯIuB » 05 Mar 2013 15:02

Here is more of the Prog song.
The last part remains, starting recording on saturday.
If something is wrong, please tell me.

https://soundcloud.com/mariub-olafsen/rainbow-and-rooted-wip-amazing
MaЯIuB
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 21 Feb 2013 12:37

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby 2SilentQs » 05 Mar 2013 21:32

I should post something here.

Here's the thingy thingy that I actually have the gonads to submit:
2SilentQs
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 03 Nov 2012 19:03
Location: Upper Rockingham Estates

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Glitchhog » 05 Mar 2013 22:52

Matthew N. wrote:Glitchdog, notice how both parts are so very different volume level-wise. You need to fix this.


Should be done now. I'm uploading a new version.

EDIT: I just adjusted the music, the vocals haven't be altered at all. The chorus is now at regular volume. imo, it sounds far better.
https://soundcloud.com/strobeedm/vascular-rainbow-wip-feat-replacer
Australian-based Electrohouse producer. Check out my YouTube or SoundCloud for music, or help me out by donating.
User avatar
Glitchhog
 
Posts: 184
Joined: 13 Feb 2012 10:05
Location: South Australia
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electrohouse

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby DXsmiley » 05 Mar 2013 23:32

Finally! Something to show for my efforts.
https://soundcloud.com/dxsmiley/rainbow-and-rooted-wip-1-dx
All feedback is appreciated.
User avatar
DXsmiley
 
Posts: 91
Joined: 12 Oct 2012 16:13
Location: Australia
OS: Snow Lepoard
Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Filtered Arpeggios

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby SMOR3S » 06 Mar 2013 02:44

I think Ima make a track for this ^__^
User avatar
SMOR3S
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 24 Feb 2013 00:07

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 06 Mar 2013 21:07

I might make something for this after all. No promises, deadlines kill my creativity.
Just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
User avatar
Mr. Bigglesworth
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: 19 Apr 2012 03:17
Location: Toowoomba, Australia
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Alycs » 06 Mar 2013 21:24

You have like two and a half months, no pressure man.
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
User avatar
Alycs
 
Posts: 962
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 13:40
OS: Windows
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Glitchhog » 06 Mar 2013 21:58

I'm gonna start a new track now that this one is more or less finished (it still needs touching up, but it's pretty much complete.) Less experimentation, more House.

EDIT: Numbah two. Done in about 20 mins, not sure whether I should finish it.

https://soundcloud.com/strobeedm/beneath-this-light-rainbow
Australian-based Electrohouse producer. Check out my YouTube or SoundCloud for music, or help me out by donating.
User avatar
Glitchhog
 
Posts: 184
Joined: 13 Feb 2012 10:05
Location: South Australia
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electrohouse

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Nine Volt » 07 Mar 2013 09:59

Glitchhog wrote:I'm gonna start a new track now that this one is more or less finished (it still needs touching up, but it's pretty much complete.) Less experimentation, more House.

EDIT: Numbah two. Done in about 20 mins, not sure whether I should finish it.

https://soundcloud.com/strobeedm/beneath-this-light-rainbow

Wait.

You're Strobe?

Cool.

As for me, I might do some house of my own, since that's now what I do. I might post a potential song up here soon.
User avatar
Nine Volt
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: 23 Aug 2012 06:50

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Glitchhog » 07 Mar 2013 17:24

Nine Volt wrote:
Glitchhog wrote:I'm gonna start a new track now that this one is more or less finished (it still needs touching up, but it's pretty much complete.) Less experimentation, more House.

EDIT: Numbah two. Done in about 20 mins, not sure whether I should finish it.

https://soundcloud.com/strobeedm/beneath-this-light-rainbow

Wait.

You're Strobe?

Cool.

As for me, I might do some house of my own, since that's now what I do. I might post a potential song up here soon.


Haha yeah I am. I go by both Strobe and Glitchhog, though. 'Strobe' for my non-pony, more serious stuff, and 'Glitchhog' for pony music. There's another Strobe who does pony stuff, and we came to this agreement so as to not cause confusion.
Australian-based Electrohouse producer. Check out my YouTube or SoundCloud for music, or help me out by donating.
User avatar
Glitchhog
 
Posts: 184
Joined: 13 Feb 2012 10:05
Location: South Australia
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electrohouse

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Nine Volt » 07 Mar 2013 17:36

I can just imagine the problems that'll cause you... at least 20 other people must go by the name Strobe :3

So are you the Strobe who had one of their songs remixed by Omnipony a while ago?
User avatar
Nine Volt
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: 23 Aug 2012 06:50

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Glitchhog » 07 Mar 2013 17:54

Nine Volt wrote:I can just imagine the problems that'll cause you... at least 20 other people must go by the name Strobe :3

So are you the Strobe who had one of their songs remixed by Omnipony a while ago?


Nah, I had Silva do one of my tracks recently. Technically, it's '>Strobe<'. I chose the name because it means a lot to me on a personal level and I needed a name that'd show I was serious about getting into the EDM scene. Glitchhog just doesn't scream "Yeah, I'm doing this for a reason." It screams "Sonic fanboy." And I hate Sonic. xD
Australian-based Electrohouse producer. Check out my YouTube or SoundCloud for music, or help me out by donating.
User avatar
Glitchhog
 
Posts: 184
Joined: 13 Feb 2012 10:05
Location: South Australia
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electrohouse

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Nine Volt » 07 Mar 2013 18:37

Hehe, fair enough :3

Here's what I've been working on recently:
https://soundcloud.com/nine-volt/weapon-of-mass-creation-free
User avatar
Nine Volt
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: 23 Aug 2012 06:50

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Glitchhog » 07 Mar 2013 22:47

So yeah, I might finish this and use it as my entry instead of the first one. Depends what everyone thinks of it.

https://soundcloud.com/strobeedm/beneath-this-light-rainbow
Australian-based Electrohouse producer. Check out my YouTube or SoundCloud for music, or help me out by donating.
User avatar
Glitchhog
 
Posts: 184
Joined: 13 Feb 2012 10:05
Location: South Australia
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electrohouse

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby itroitnyah » 08 Mar 2013 07:39

Yes, definitely work on that some more, I really like how it's turning out.
Image Image I am no longer an active member, but you might find me on Skype if you wish
My studio: [List of equipment]
User avatar
itroitnyah
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: 02 Mar 2012 20:27
Location: Wisconsin
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Nine Volt » 08 Mar 2013 07:52

Nine Volt wrote:Hehe, fair enough :3

Here's what I've been working on recently:
https://soundcloud.com/nine-volt/weapon-of-mass-creation-free

Any thoughts?
User avatar
Nine Volt
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: 23 Aug 2012 06:50

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby itroitnyah » 08 Mar 2013 08:01

It sounds nice, and then the bass comes in and the mood turns into a giant conflict. The bass and lead that starts during that bass at 2.15 completely conflicts with the mood. Other than that, it sounds pretty good.
Image Image I am no longer an active member, but you might find me on Skype if you wish
My studio: [List of equipment]
User avatar
itroitnyah
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: 02 Mar 2012 20:27
Location: Wisconsin
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby Nine Volt » 08 Mar 2013 08:04

Heh, I was having trouble making a bass (well, anything really) that really fit with the tone of the song, so I just though "eh, fukkit" and threw that one in there. Is it actually bad or just conflicting so it makes it sound bad?
User avatar
Nine Volt
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: 23 Aug 2012 06:50

Re: Rainbow & Rooted: Four's Fall Down

Postby itroitnyah » 08 Mar 2013 08:34

It's just conflicting that makes it sound bad.Try increasing the pitch of the bass, some. You know, not all basses need to be dark and deep. Take this track for example:

https://soundcloud.com/walkingdef/runningallmy
Image Image I am no longer an active member, but you might find me on Skype if you wish
My studio: [List of equipment]
User avatar
itroitnyah
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: 02 Mar 2012 20:27
Location: Wisconsin
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OuTbREaK and 2 guests